DisplayMagician: Automate display/audio/app changes with a single desktop shortcut

Hi!

Do some of your games require that you use your triple monitors individually, yet other games require you use a single NVIDIA Surround or AMD Eyefinity screen? Do you get as frustrated as I do with having to modify your display settings when changing from one game to another?

Well I do! Or I did.

That's why I developed the free and open source DisplayMagician. I wanted to click a single desktop shortcut (or press a keyboard shortcut), and have DisplayMagician do the following for me:
  • Change my display settings to what the game needs (and change it back when done)
  • Change my audio speaker settings to what the game needs (and change it back when done)
  • Change my microphone settings to what the game needs (and change it back when done)
  • Pre-start a few applications BEFORE it starts the game (e.g. SimHub, CrewChief)
  • Wait patiently while I play my game
  • Revert everything back to the way it was automatically when I exit my game!
And that's what I built. I started with the incredible HeliosDisplayManagement software by Soroush Falahati, and then spent the next year or so developing new features and making something that would be easy to use, yet hide itself away when you didn't need it.

DOWNLOAD DISPLAY MAGICIAN NOW!
(It's free and open source code)

DisplayMagicianMainScreen.png

I've written this to scratch a programming itch I've had for a while, and to make my simracing life easier. I'm a big believer in letting software do the work for you, so I hope at least some of you find this useful!

Current features
DisplayMagician lets you set up the following information for each game or application:
  • Create and save a Display Profile to be used within future Desktop Shortcuts
  • Save a Game Shortcut that will automatically change to a different Display Profile and start your Game when you double-click on it.
  • Run your Game Shortcut using a keyboard shortcut (Hotkey).
  • Or start your games by right-clicking on the DisplayMagician Notification Tray icon.
  • Choose which Audio Device you want the shortcut to use. Like using the wireless headset when driving? This lets you with a single click.
  • Add one or more programs to pre-start before your game or application
  • Works with the following Game Launchers:
    • Steam
    • Ubisoft Uplay
    • Origin (Electronic Arts)
    • Epic Games
    • GOG.com
  • Optionally rollback to your previous Display profile once the game or application has closed.
  • Or maybe just create a Shortcut that permanently changes to a different Display Profile! The options are endless.
  • Also comes with a Shell Extension that allows you to change to a different Display Profile by right-clicking on the desktop background!
  • Supports NVIDIA Surround setups, AMD Eyefinity setups and standard Windows multi-desktop views.
  • Supports many different connection types including HDMI, DisplayPort, USB and Wireless.
  • Supports SuperDisplay and SpaceDesk android-tablet based monitors
To use:
  • Download and install ‘DisplayMagician’.
  • Run ‘DisplayMagician’, and click on the ‘Display Profiles’ button
  • Use ‘Windows Display Settings’ or ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’ to configure your display(s) exactly as you would like them (AMD EyeFinity is NOT currently supported).
  • ALT-TAB back to DisplayMagician, and you should see the new display configuration shown in the Display Profile window.
  • Click the ‘Save As/Rename’ button so that DisplayMagician will remember the current Display Profile so you can use it in your Shortcuts. You will need to do this for each different display configuration you want to use in any of your games or applications.
  • Click ‘Back’ button to go back to the Main DisplayMagician window.
  • Now that you have some Display Profiles set up, you can create some shortcuts that will use them!
  • Click on the ‘Game Shortcuts’ button.
  • You will be shown your Shortcut Library window. This is where all your Shortcuts live, and where you have to go if you every want to edit them. Click the ‘New’ button to create a new Shortcut
  • Choose the Display Profile you want to use with the Shortcut. Make sure it matches what the game expects :).
  • Click on the ‘2. Choose Audio’ tab and select any audio changes that you would like to set for this shortcut.
  • Click on the ‘3. Choose what happens before’ tab to choose as many applications as you'd like to start before the main game or application. Examples include SimHub or Crew Chief.
  • Click on the ‘4. Choose Game to start’ tab, to choose the main game or application that the Shortcut will start up and then monitor. DisplayMagician will then pause until you close the main game or application.
  • Choose the Game from the list shown, or if it’s not listed there then select the game or application executable. You can also choose to not start anything if you want to permanently change to a different display profile. NOTE: If your game isn't listed, then please launch the game at least once directly via game library (e.g. through Steam). DisplayMagician only detects games that have been run at least once.
  • Click on the ‘5. Chose what happens afterwards’ tab, and choose if you want to rollback any display changes you make while starting the game, or if you want to keep them. If the ‘auto-suggest name’ option is enabled then a Shortcut Name will be entered in automatically for you. Feel free to change the name if it's not quite right.
  • Once you're ready, click the ‘Save’ button to save the Shortcut to the Shortcut Library. If you can only see the outline of a button rather than the word Save, then the shortcut isn't valid yet. You probably have some missing fields you need to fill in. The Save button only shows if you have a valid Shortcut set up. The minimum requirement is to select a Display Profile, and select a main game or application.
  • Once you’ve saved the Shortcut, it should appear in the Shortcut Library.
  • To create a Desktop shortcut file from your Shortcut, select the Shortcut from the list in your Shortcut Library, and click the ‘Save to Desktop’ button. This will then write the Shortcut to your computer, ready to use!
DisplayMagicianShortcutOnDesktop.png

You now have 4 different ways you can start your shortcut:

• You can double-click on the Desktop shortcut you just saved to the Desktop to start your game; or
  • You can right mouse click on the desktop background, and select the Game Shortcut from the DisplayMagician pop-up menu to start your game; or
  • You can right mouse click on the DisplayMagician notification tray icon, and select the Game Shortcut from the DisplayMagician pop-up menu to start your game; or
  • (optionally) If you've set a Hotkey for your Game Shortcut, you can press the Hotkey keyboard shortcut whenever DisplayMagician is running and your Game Shortcut will run.

The Desktop Background menu that allows you to change your display profiles with a single click is shown here:

DisplayMagicianShellExtension.png

If you find this useful, let me know. I'd love to hear what you think of it, or if there are any features I can improve or add to make your lives easier!

Thanks
Terry

More screenshots:

DisplayMagicianDisplayProfiles.png

DisplayMagicianShortcutLibrary.png

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DisplayMagicianConfigureShortcut1.png
    DisplayMagicianConfigureShortcut1.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Oh sorry, I was meaning that there may be an issue in the AMD display library that I wrote. DisplayMagician has 3 custom display libraries that I created to grab all the settings. The AMDLibrary uses the AMD video card driver (AMD ADL) to get settings and save then for later. The NVIDIALibrary uses the NVIDIA videos card driver (NvAPI) to get settings and save then for later. And the WinLibrary uses the windows API to get settings for any other video card.

It could be that the AMDLibrary has a bug. There aren't many people with AMD video cards, so there's not that many people to test DisplayMagician with AMD. It could be that there is an issue with my AMDLibrary code. This is why I wanted you to log an issue if you think it is a bug.

The NVIDIALibrary is pretty reliable now, but the AMDLibrary hasn't had as many people testing it so it could still have some bugs in the codebase.

Thanks
Terry
@R.Man I had a think and I might have a way to speed things up a bit. More details here: https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/issues/73

It should result in faster starting game shortcuts (though you will need to enable the 'Start DisplayMagician minimised in notification area when the computer starts' checkbox on the main for for that to happen. I hope to have this functionality ready by v2.1.6 which will ship in a few weeks.

Terry

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today, no previously working game links are launching any game...
Uninstalled, reinstalled, no difference.
Hi Brett,

Please log an issue at https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/issues/new/choose. Please make sure you follow the instructions there on what sort of information to include, as it's really important to help me troubleshoot.

Have you tried rebooting your computer? That would be my first step, as Steam may have gotten confused. Has Steam updated? Has a windows update been applied? Did DisplayMagician update (it shouldn't have as 2.1.5 is the latest released version).

if none of that works then please describe what you tested when you create your bug report.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
Wow I just heard about this app. That sounds amazing. I don’t start RaceRoom that often anymore because I don’t want to setup Nvidia surround every Time.
this could be a life changer. Will test it asap. Thanks for developing.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Wow I just heard about this app. That sounds amazing. I don’t start RaceRoom that often anymore because I don’t want to setup Nvidia surround every Time.
this could be a life changer. Will test it asap. Thanks for developing.:thumbsup:
Just so you know I'm also finishing up some big developments to improve it even more. We've moved to a multithreaded structure to try and speed up loading. The idea is that DisplayMagician would be started with the computer, and would take a long time scanning your Games at that point (which can take a while). Then any desktop shortcuts being run would start almost immediately, as all the further processing is handled by that single instance. It will speed up DisplayMagician greatly!

V2.2.0 will also have quite a few bug fixes that will make it more reliable for older NVIDIA hardware. And lastly I'm working on ways to force the windows taskbar position. The idea here is that sometimes windows doesn't remember taskbar position, so I'm hoping to provide everyone with the ability to force the taskbar to a certain position. Thev taskbar feature may not be supported by windows 11... Still testing.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
Just so you know I'm also finishing up some big developments to improve it even more. We've moved to a multithreaded structure to try and speed up loading. The idea is that DisplayMagician would be started with the computer, and would take a long time scanning your Games at that point (which can take a while). Then any desktop shortcuts being run would start almost immediately, as all the further processing is handled by that single instance. It will speed up DisplayMagician greatly!

V2.2.0 will also have quite a few bug fixes that will make it more reliable for older NVIDIA hardware. And lastly I'm working on ways to force the windows taskbar position. The idea here is that sometimes windows doesn't remember taskbar position, so I'm hoping to provide everyone with the ability to force the taskbar to a certain position. Thev taskbar feature may not be supported by windows 11... Still testing.

Thanks
Terry
Sounds great. I subscribed to this topic. :thumbsup: Will keep a close eye to further development .

Upvote 0
Hi Brett,

Please log an issue at https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/issues/new/choose. Please make sure you follow the instructions there on what sort of information to include, as it's really important to help me troubleshoot.

Have you tried rebooting your computer? That would be my first step, as Steam may have gotten confused. Has Steam updated? Has a windows update been applied? Did DisplayMagician update (it shouldn't have as 2.1.5 is the latest released version).

if none of that works then please describe what you tested when you create your bug report.

Thanks
Terry
Submitted a ticket, yes rebooted, uninstalled - reinstalled, started AALL new profiles etc. still not working. Program launches fine - seems to be working perfectly, just when I click on a shortcut, nothing happens.
Thanks for your help sir

Upvote 0
Submitted a ticket, yes rebooted, uninstalled - reinstalled, started AALL new profiles etc. still not working. Program launches fine - seems to be working perfectly, just when I click on a shortcut, nothing happens.
Thanks for your help sir
I'll take a look over the next few days. V2.1.5 has a few bugs which have been fixed in the codebase for the upcoming v2.2.0 release, so a fix may be an simple as waiting until that is released. V2.2.0 is waiting on me fixing a few bugs with the windows taskbar location code. I've been having to go deep into windows to figure out which internal windows messages I have to trigger to make the windows taskbar move, and that's taking some time.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
Terry, your software is amazing. So useful. Have made a donation, thank you.

My setup is:
3080 with 3x display ports and 1x HDMI
3x 1440P @ 144Hz non-HDR AOCs for sim racing
1x 1440P @ 170Hz HDR Gigabyte for local gaming
Moonlight Gamestream 4k @ 60Hz HDR LAN streaming to a Shield TV Pro connected to my Sony HDR 4k TV.

I was having ridiculous headaches like:
Gysnc works for Nvidia Surround across my triples but not individually as one ihas to be connected by HDMI.
Nvidia disables DLDSR if Nvidia Surround is active
Without DLDSR enabled (to expose an upscaled UHD resolution) Gamestream won't go above 1440p
Gamestream fussy about which monitor it streams
HDR has to be ON in windows on the monitor Gamestream is streaming to stream HDR to the TV.

A whole world of faff switching between scenarios, never mind remembering to launch all the various sim racing additional apps.

You've made life a lot easier, everyone who sim races should get your app.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Terry, your software is amazing. So useful. Have made a donation, thank you.

My setup is:
3080 with 3x display ports and 1x HDMI
3x 1440P @ 144Hz non-HDR AOCs for sim racing
1x 1440P @ 170Hz HDR Gigabyte for local gaming
Moonlight Gamestream 4k @ 60Hz HDR LAN streaming to a Shield TV Pro connected to my Sony HDR 4k TV.

I was having ridiculous headaches like:
Gysnc works for Nvidia Surround across my triples but not individually as one ihas to be connected by HDMI.
Nvidia disables DLDSR if Nvidia Surround is active
Without DLDSR enabled (to expose an upscaled UHD resolution) Gamestream won't go above 1440p
Gamestream fussy about which monitor it streams
HDR has to be ON in windows on the monitor Gamestream is streaming to stream HDR to the TV.

A whole world of faff switching between scenarios, never mind remembering to launch all the various sim racing additional apps.

You've made life a lot easier, everyone who sim races should get your app.

Thank you so much for the kind comments Dan! And especially for the donation. I love hearing stories like this as it's the energy that keeps me going. There's been a lot of work put into DisplayMagician by myself, and of course with Soroush Falahati (HelioDisplayManagement) before me, and having nice comments and amazing donations from people like you really do make my day!

It's probably a good time to give an update on how development is going with DisplayMagician v2.2 to the community, so I might as well do that now.

I've worked through a lot of issues that were affecting people with older hardware. Some of the older devices with DVI-D and other connections don't support HDR and newer features. DisplayMagician will work around those as best it can, meaning that older displays will work with DisplayMagician.

I've spent a month or so working on taskbar manipulation, and ALMOST had it working. Microsoft don't provide an API for it, and the registry hack had some issues with speed that would introduce errors, so I delved right into the bowels of Windows to try and figure out how to trigger windows taskbar moves. I ended up emulating bits of Windows Explorer logic to move each windows taskbar myself. This meant we could support custom taskbar layouts across all displays. The sticking point at the moment is that the start menu doesn't yet move with the taskbars, and I'm trying to find a way of making this happen. The code isn't reliable enough at the moment to work reliably, so I'm going to drop this feature from the DisplayMagician v2.2 release in the interests of getting it out the door.

I'm also adding NVIDIA Display Config functionality into the mix. This is NVIDIA's way of tracking the display layout, and I have it mostly working at present. I say mostly working as cloned displays still don't work and I've been unable to figure out the workaround for that at present. The DisplayConfig functionality has actually turned out to be the hardest to add so far, as the way that NVIDIA made their NvAPI_GetDisplayConfig function work is at odds with how C# process invoking memory management works, meaning I have to manually manipulate memory in order to create a structure that the NvAPI_GetDisplayConfig likes. It's take a LOT of testing to get it working so far, and there are still some edge cases that still need working on.

I'm really hoping to get NVIDIA DisplayConfig support into DisplayMagician v2.2 as that may help with storing some of the NVIDIA specific settings that people have mentioned they'd like added. We shall soon see if I can get the last DisplayConfig error fixed and then I can bake a new release.

Timeline for DisplayMagician v2.2 is still fuzzy. I hope to have a new test version available in a month or so, and if that works ok with the beta testers then I'll do a release a week or so after that. We typically find 1 or 2 good bugs in there that I have to fix before the main release, so let's see how this goes :).

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
Hi Terry,

Very nice program; seems to mainly work but when I run a switch to Nvidea Surround either directly or from your prog. or via the shortcut to a game, when I wish to revert to my standard desktop (3 separate windows) it does not work either from your windows display shortcuts or from game shortcut after it closes (even though revert is chosen)

What I have to do is go into nvidea control panel; deselect the surround checkbox and after that your icons for reverting work fine.

Thanks for the program; even with this problem it is useful :)

Trevor

Upvote 0
Hi Terry,

Very nice program; seems to mainly work but when I run a switch to Nvidea Surround either directly or from your prog. or via the shortcut to a game, when I wish to revert to my standard desktop (3 separate windows) it does not work either from your windows display shortcuts or from game shortcut after it closes (even though revert is chosen)

What I have to do is go into nvidea control panel; deselect the surround checkbox and after that your icons for reverting work fine.

Thanks for the program; even with this problem it is useful :)

Trevor
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the kind words.

DisplayMagician v2.1.5 has a bug with handling surround in rare cases on some people's systems. It seems to happen in those people with older hardware, and often with DVI-D connections.

DisplayMagician v2.3.0 is nearly ready for release, and that should fix this problem, as well as bring other benefits such as recording more NVIDIA settings such as image scaling. Please note that v2.3.0 will require that you recreate your Display Profiles as we are changing the configuration file format to incorporate these new settings.

DisplayMagician v3.3.0 should be finished within the next 2 weeks, and will be released here, as well as on GitHub at https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/releases.

If you still have the same issue after upgrading to DisplayMagician v2.3.0, then please log a new issue at https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/issues/new/choose and we can work together to fix the errors.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
DisplayMagician v2.3.1 released!

DOWNLOAD DISPLAY MAGICIAN NOW!

DisplayMagician v2.3.1

WINDOWS 11: DisplayMagician v2.3.1 works with Windows 11. _Just remember that you will need to recreate your Display Profiles when you move from Windows 10 to Windows 11_! This is REALLY important, as Windows 11 has different display settings to Windows 10, and your old Windows 10 Display Profiles won't work. You must delete the old Display Profiles and create new ones for DisplayMagician to run properly.

You can download DisplayMagician v2.3.1 here: https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/releases/tag/v2.3.1

DisplayMagician v2.3 tracks a lot more settings for NVIDIA cards, so we can now store things like image scaling, and some of the advanced NVIDIA settings. It is also now a 'single instance' program, to help speed it up. DisplayMagician is now designed to be started when the computer starts, and it does all it's scanning and loading at that point, before sitting and waiting for you to use it. When you run a Desktop Shortcut (or do any other tasks) it will perform those tasks in the single instance that is already loaded. This speeds DisplayMagician up immensely - but it works best if you set DisplayMagician to start when your computer starts.

If you're upgrading from DisplayMagician an earlier version of DisplayMagician

Display Profiles from earlier versions of DisplayMagician will not work with DisplayMagician v2.3. The new Display Profiles use an new extended format that isn't compatible with previous formats. This means you will have to do two things before you can use DisplayMagician v2.3:

1. You will need to create new Display Profiles
2. You will need to update your existing Game Shortcuts to use one of the new Display Profiles

Once you do the two tasks listed above, DisplayMagician will work as it always has, but now it will allow you to get your Displays exactly as you want them!

Thank you for using DisplayMagician

I've been working on DisplayMagician for the last 3 year solidly. I really do love adding features and hearing about how the software has helped you, so feel free to post messages in the [RaceDepartment Forum Thread](https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/displaymagician-automate-display-audio-app-changes-with-a-single-desktop-shortcut.199994/). And if you feel like DisplayMagician is worth it, I’d always [appreciate a donation](https://www.buymeacoffee.com/displaymagician)!

Credits

I’m so very thankful for the help of the following people, who made DisplayMagician v2.3 possible:
  • Sean at SimCraft (Thank you so much for your generous donation!)
  • Domenic (Thanks for the solid month of troubleshooting help and the sponsorship!)
  • RBZL (thanks for the monthly donation)
  • Frcooper (thanks for the monthly donation)
  • Bjorg (Thank you for your donation)
  • MichaelDWheeler (Thank you for your donation)
  • Frank (Thank you for your donation)
  • Dan Clark (Thank you for your donation)
  • Fonzmonster (Thank you for your donation)
  • Logozo (Thank you for your donation)
  • 5th (Thank you for your donation)
  • Patrickdiezi (Thank you for your donation)
  • Fifowole (Thank you for your donation)
  • Brett Horton (Thank you for your donation)
  • JabberJon (Thank you for your donation)
  • Sikhalv (Thank you for your donation)
  • Friedobaer (Thank you for your donation)
  • PanthaRhei (Thank you for your donation)
  • Bobby Mann (Thank you for your donation)
  • S4botage (Thank you for your donation)
  • Matthex (Great help testing multiple display adapter bugs and 7 different screens! And for your donation!)
  • NudeNull (Thank you for your donation)
  • 20vmki (Thank you for your donation)
  • Lazerwolf22 (Thank you for your donation)
  • Spmac (Thank you for your donation)
  • Mcdbergh (thanks for the bug report)
  • JSchoonbrood (Great help testing multiple display adapter bugs and SuperDisplay Android Tablet support)
  • Outerspacejunky16 (Thanks for testing AMD support)
  • Dev1981 (Great help testing multiple display adapter bugs and DisplayLink USB)
  • Gretzer (thanks for the cool idea)
  • Erbkaiser (One of the most impressive testers with an amazing eye for detail)
  • SneakingJ (Major props for the help getting cloned display profiles to work)
  • Scowling (Again, without you, AMD support wouldn’t exist AT ALL! )
  • Slippery-silvia (Again, thanks for the testing help for Mosaic cards with v2.1)
  • Mobeeuz (Your thorough testing logs really helped!)
  • S4b0tage (Thanks for the testing help and the donation!)
  • Gpo123 (thanks for the bug report)
  • Whitestar127 (thanks for the bug report)
  • Stringfieldmark (thanks for continued sponsoring and the testing help)
  • Bossebossebosse (thanks for the donation)
  • Sk666 (thanks for the donation)
  • FormelLMS (thanks for the continued sponsoring and the testing help)
  • Neilperson (thanks for the cool idea)
  • DragRedSim (thanks for the bug report)

There have been some absolute rock stars who have helped do a lot of troubleshooting for me in order to iron out a large collection of bugs with the new video libraries, and I’m forever indebted to you. DisplayMagician is only as good as it is thanks to your help!

Terry

v2.3.1 RELEASE NOTES
Converted DisplayMagician to single instance model to speed up loading. Makes DisplayMagicain incredibly fast in comparison to 2.1.5 (as long as you select to load on computer start).
Many more NVIDIA Settings tracked
NVIDIALibrary bugfixes
Bugfixes that improve support for older hardware (e.g. DVI-D, component connections)
Improved start program process monitoring and stopping
Improved single instance command parameter handling
Added ability to get name of current display profile from command line with `DisplayMagician CurrentProfile` command
Fixed issues with drawing tricky display layouts
Works with USB and Wireless displays

Upvote 0
I really have to thank you for this awesome program, it's baffling to me how multi billion company can't sort this basic stuff, which is ESSENTIAL if you switch to surround on daily basis. I used to use helios display manager for a long time, until i found out that it was no longer updated and supported, so from github the author recommended your program, which is actually significantly better. The best thing about is the speed when switching profiles, old helios program used to have that silly 30 sec wait time to change the profiles and your is almost instant. I personally use 3x 4k 32inch monitor setup and i use it for all sorts of stuff, sim racing, normal gaming and video editing and staying in surround mode is simply not an option. Changing modes is really, really tedious so this program is a life saver! Thank you.

My setup:
1x philips 326m6vjrmb
2x lg uk550-b

Gpu: rtx 3090
i use 1x3 surround mode and it works great ;)

Upvote 0
A quick heads up for everyone. I'm in the final stages of readying DisplayMagician v2.4.0 for release. It adds a couple of really nice features, namely Windows DPI Scaling, and NVIDIA 3d Settings to DisplayMagician. It also includes a LOT of bug fixes, which should help anyone who has had some issues with DisplayMagician working properly. I feel like many of the corner cases that were hampering people have been addressed in this release. It should be more reliable for the vast majority of people.

We're in the final stages of testing at the moment, and I hope to release the version within the next week or so.

NOTE: You will have to create new Display Profiles again (sorry!). This unfortunately has to happen each time we track new display profile settings, as the old settings won't have the data in them that we need. There is no way to patch the old settings at all; the only way is to create new Display Profiles. I really do try to minimise the number of times people have to do this as I know it is annoying...

Next features to be added after v2.4.0 will be Xbox Game Library support, and the ability to select UWP apps installed in Windows. That development will take a bit of time so don't hold your breath :).

Thanks
Terry

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got the problem, that DisplayMagician is not waking up my 3x OLED55C17LB (1x connected by HDMI and 2x also by HDMI (via the active Club3D DP -> HDMI Adapter). Switching to the 4k Display (DP) on the desktop is working. But disabling the desktop display and turning on the triple screen setup is not working. Anything to think of?

Upvote 0
Hi @Julian O.

Please log a new issue at GitHub so that we'll be able to do some proper in-depth troubleshooting about the issue you're getting without clogging up this thread. The link is here: https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/issues/new/choose

I'll need you to generate a Support ZIP File so that I can see the logs and the config you're using. To do that please perform these steps:
  • From the main window, click on Settings then make sure the Logging Level is set to TRACE.
  • Close that Settings window and try swapping to and from the Display Profile that has an issue so that the logs will contain details on what happened.
  • Go back to the Settings window and click on the Generate Support ZIP File button, and save the Support ZIP File that is generated.
  • Create the new GitHub issue, and upload the Support ZIP File to the GitHub issue.
Which version of DisplayMagician are you using? I'm just about the release a new version shortly that fixes a few bugs, and that may help in your case.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back