Dirty windshields

I don't know if it depends on the car, the track or the time of the day, but under certain circunstances the excessive dirt on the windshild makes it difficult to see well and drive confidently. Is there any way to make this dirt more subtle, maybe edinting some files? Using the wipers makes no difference. I think it would be a great idea if Custom Shaders Patch could give the wipers the function of removing the dirt for those like me who never drive with rain. It would be very easy to implement.

Here's a way to turn down the dirt and still have a bit, which I find better than turning dirt off completely:

Open the car in Content Manager Showroom, click through it until the inside of the windscreen is selected. It might take a few clicks to correctly select the inside of the windscreen, as Content Manager will cycle through the various meshes under the pointer. Then click on the three dots next to where it says “Material” on the control palette to open the Material Properties window and change the values

ksAmbient to 0.40
and
ksDiffuse to 0.20

Save, exit CM showroom and you are ready to test it.

Works all the time except the encrypted cars like Guerilla mod cars where you cannot bring up the material menu

(Thanks to pugsang for that tip)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back