• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured DiRT Rally 2.0: 'Season 2' DLC is Here

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,514
    DiRt Rally 2.0 Season 2 DLC Launch.jpg
    The new 'season' of DLC for DiRT Rally 2.0 has started - introducing the Group B Rallycross cars from Ford and Peugeot.

Bunching together their post release DLC plan into 'Season' content - each fortnight new stuff in the form of cars, tracks and liveries are added to the game, the first wave of the second round of content has been released by Codemasters - adding Group B Rallycross action to the title in the form of the small but mighty Peugeot 205 T16 and Ford RS2000 Evolution Rallycross cars!

DiRT Rally 2.0 Ford RS2000 Evolution DLC.jpg DiRT Rally 2.0 Pug Rallycross .jpg

Both cars are available to purchase within the steam store now, or are included for players who own the season pass with this game.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 6
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Thug-Life

Thug-Life

Ratings:
    +239
    A pity, the non inclusion of the Finland rally. :( I want a season 3 with Finland and Greece. :inlove:

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Markano97

Markano97

Ratings:
    +471
    For those wishing(including myself) the return of Finland and Greece, they will definately bring them back. I mean they brought 4 original locations DR already....also in the championship mode there are 12 rally slots and imo that further confirms it.
    As for season 2 i can't say i'm a huge fan of RallyX but hey we are getting the Welsh rally.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stuntman Daz

Stuntman Daz

Ratings:
    +4
    Dirt Rally 2.0! Contains 50% new content!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Haha Haha x 3
  5. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +209
    I doubt that 'common sense' is the best method to predict any Codemasters roadmap;)
    Who predicted there will be no DLCs for DR1 and D4?

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. erba72

erba72

Ratings:
    +70
    Shame, the only interesting things for me in this season 2 are Lancia 037 Rally, Porsche 911 SC RS, and wales. And new RX tracks also.
    But I'm not very interested about Group B RX cars

7. Nico

Nico

Ratings:
    +228
    The game is already on sale, 50% off, just three months after release. It makes me wonder if they will be able to continue supporting this well beyond Season 2, or they already pretend to drop the ball. I definitely want them to continue releasing content, the more the merrier. But I recall reading that further DR2 content would be heavily dependant on the game's success at that point, and judging by the reviews and the sale (-50%!!!) it's kinda worrisome. I enjoy DR2, I really do. It's not a hardcore simulation like some people want everything to be, but it satisfies me. I'm looking forward to the Porsche, the Lancia, and hopefully more future content. We need Finland and Greece, the 2001 Impreza, the 2001 Focus, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chiwi

Chiwi

Ratings:
    +15
    What a joke of DLCs. What a way to kill an incredible game

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL

Ratings:
    +26
    I'm not the biggest RX fan in DR(2) , but the 205T16 drives pretty fine, a tad power oversteery....though I remember in the late 80s they had 6/700HP, this one 'only' 480 lol.

Eagerly awaiting Wales/Greece, 911SC and my DR1 favourite 037.

It would be nice if we could use all 'normal' rallycars on the RX tracks:)

Cheers
    Robin

10. Markano97

Markano97

Ratings:
    +471
    One thing i've been wondering about the Group B rallycross cars is why they bring the Delta,205,6R4 and the RS200 and they don't add the Quattro aswell. A rallycross version did exist and the S1 is already available in the game.:O_o:

11. TylerDurden4321

TylerDurden4321

Ratings:
    +97
    The good stuff will be in season 3, because that wasn't included in the deluxe edition. I wouldn't have bought season 3, but I will buy whatever Greece is in, so that sucks but I get it, "it's a profit deal".

• Like Like x 1
  12. sssweat

sssweat

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm just waiting for them to sell the full game for 50%, in 1 year or so surely :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,075
    Mhm, as pointed in a post above yours, it is already on sales at 50%, right now...:O_o:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sssweat

sssweat

Ratings:
    +2
    -50% on full game, meaning with DLC ;)

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,500
    Have you seen many non-factory supported (either fully or partially) Audis in these kind of games?
    I am sure I have missed some, but it's not often is it? I think it's down to some Audi licensing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,500
    Ugh. They haven't made it better than D4 then.:O_o:

17. clemencaman

clemencaman

Ratings:
    +63
    Still waiting for VR

• Agree Agree x 10
  18. CDwyer

CDwyer

Ratings:
    +22
    Deluxe is 50% off, that's game+season pass dlc. ($40.00)

19. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz

Ratings:
    +56
    Don't be surprised if it doesn't happen "due to unforseen circumstances *cough* poor sales.
    After all, all they did was show a single cryptic post saying that they were handing off the "VR baton" to Oculus to run with.

If that actually ends up happening, it would be interesting to see & hear the backlash.
    Fingers are crossed that VR is indeed coming, free for ALL DR2.0 owners (that's the real key, not a paid add-on), and lastly being regardless of platform (Steam or Oculus Home).
    If it becomes an additional Oculus Store only VR version, hopefully the community will NOT simply shrug their shoulders and give Codies a pass on what would amount to a bait & switch scheme.

[​IMG]

Should that be the case, then I'll be expecting my free Oculus Home DR2.0 VR key from Codies since I've already purchased the game on Steam after their VR carrot dangling. :D

[​IMG]

Summer is fast approaching, and those of us who cared about VR support have not forgotten that pre-release "pump up the sales" promise.

C'mon Codies...after that FFB debacle ya gotta at least deliver on the VR support in order to save face!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  20. Apelsin Elise

Apelsin Elise

Ratings:
    +3
    No VR = no buy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.