DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: 'Season 2' DLC is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRt Rally 2.0 Season 2 DLC Launch.jpg

The new 'season' of DLC for DiRT Rally 2.0 has started - introducing the Group B Rallycross cars from Ford and Peugeot.

Bunching together their post release DLC plan into 'Season' content - each fortnight new stuff in the form of cars, tracks and liveries are added to the game, the first wave of the second round of content has been released by Codemasters - adding Group B Rallycross action to the title in the form of the small but mighty Peugeot 205 T16 and Ford RS2000 Evolution Rallycross cars!

DiRT Rally 2.0 Ford RS2000 Evolution DLC.jpg
DiRT Rally 2.0 Pug Rallycross .jpg

Both cars are available to purchase within the steam store now, or are included for players who own the season pass with this game.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

For those wishing(including myself) the return of Finland and Greece, they will definately bring them back. I mean they brought 4 original locations DR already....also in the championship mode there are 12 rally slots and imo that further confirms it.
As for season 2 i can't say i'm a huge fan of RallyX but hey we are getting the Welsh rally.:D

For those wishing(including myself) the return of Finland and Greece, they will definately bring them back. I mean they brought 4 original locations DR already....also in the championship mode there are 12 rally slots and imo that further confirms it.
I doubt that 'common sense' is the best method to predict any Codemasters roadmap;)
Who predicted there will be no DLCs for DR1 and D4?

Shame, the only interesting things for me in this season 2 are Lancia 037 Rally, Porsche 911 SC RS, and wales. And new RX tracks also.
But I'm not very interested about Group B RX cars

The game is already on sale, 50% off, just three months after release. It makes me wonder if they will be able to continue supporting this well beyond Season 2, or they already pretend to drop the ball. I definitely want them to continue releasing content, the more the merrier. But I recall reading that further DR2 content would be heavily dependant on the game's success at that point, and judging by the reviews and the sale (-50%!!!) it's kinda worrisome. I enjoy DR2, I really do. It's not a hardcore simulation like some people want everything to be, but it satisfies me. I'm looking forward to the Porsche, the Lancia, and hopefully more future content. We need Finland and Greece, the 2001 Impreza, the 2001 Focus, etc.

I'm not the biggest RX fan in DR(2) , but the 205T16 drives pretty fine, a tad power oversteery....though I remember in the late 80s they had 6/700HP, this one 'only' 480 lol.

Eagerly awaiting Wales/Greece, 911SC and my DR1 favourite 037.

It would be nice if we could use all 'normal' rallycars on the RX tracks:)

Cheers
Robin

One thing i've been wondering about the Group B rallycross cars is why they bring the Delta,205,6R4 and the RS200 and they don't add the Quattro aswell. A rallycross version did exist and the S1 is already available in the game.:O_o:

One thing i've been wondering about the Group B rallycross cars is why they bring the Delta,205,6R4 and the RS200 and they don't add the Quattro aswell. A rallycross version did exist and the S1 is already available in the game.:O_o:

Have you seen many non-factory supported (either fully or partially) Audis in these kind of games?
I am sure I have missed some, but it's not often is it? I think it's down to some Audi licensing.

Still waiting for VR

Don't be surprised if it doesn't happen "due to unforseen circumstances *cough* poor sales.
After all, all they did was show a single cryptic post saying that they were handing off the "VR baton" to Oculus to run with.

If that actually ends up happening, it would be interesting to see & hear the backlash.
Fingers are crossed that VR is indeed coming, free for ALL DR2.0 owners (that's the real key, not a paid add-on), and lastly being regardless of platform (Steam or Oculus Home).
If it becomes an additional Oculus Store only VR version, hopefully the community will NOT simply shrug their shoulders and give Codies a pass on what would amount to a bait & switch scheme.

DiRTRally2Oculus-1020x1024.jpg

Should that be the case, then I'll be expecting my free Oculus Home DR2.0 VR key from Codies since I've already purchased the game on Steam after their VR carrot dangling. :D

tenor.gif

Summer is fast approaching, and those of us who cared about VR support have not forgotten that pre-release "pump up the sales" promise.

C'mon Codies...after that FFB debacle ya gotta at least deliver on the VR support in order to save face!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%