Tracks Dessau 1949-1956

You had an idiot screaming for you to release your work early, now you do you have others telling you its unfinished and shouldn't be released. Mod makers can't win.

Honestly, jJust screw everyone else. Do your own thing. Some people will never understand the work that goes into these yet are being given out for free, and frankly, they don't deserve them.

Your work is awesome. Keep making it if you enjoy it, don't worry about what anyone else thinks about it.

Hm, I got very bad ratings for Opel Rennbahn, which has a higher overall quality than Dessau. So there will be no release of Dessau in the next few months, maybe there will be no release at all. Would be a zero or one star rating. And to be honest, I'm thinking about quitting track making in general. Seems I'm one of the worst track makers on planet earth with no prospect of improvement. Very sad and frustrating. Sorry to disappoint the two or three people believing in me. It's so hard to maintain motivation with all these huge setbacks and no improvement at all :(. Have a happy easter!
hey!! dont give up, you dont have to listen to no "sense" complain, there is some good feedback here and there!!! just focus on what do you think is nice and fun for you :)

Please don't be disheartened by the reviews left for your track. As you have said, it's unfinished, but what is there is phenomenal! :thumbsup:
The great thing about this community is that there are passionate guys like you who go to great lengths to produce fantastic tracks and cars. All your WIPs look brilliant as well.
The bad thing about this community, and AC's in particular, is that you get :poop:heads complaining about the quality of things that have taken thousands of hours to make, complaining about mods which cost them nothing, and always demanding more and more, or a different version of the car that's just been released. Ignore these people, because if you check out the 'featured content' on their profile, 99% of the time it says 0. They have never made anything, have no idea of the work required, and have no right to complain.

Chin up! :)

Please do not let your head down @THL, your work is awesome, masterful even, and most of all people do appriciate the time and effort spent.
If there may be one advice that I do feel confident enough about giving you, it would be to concentrate only on the positive and constructive feedback, and to grow a thick skin about the hatred that you are inevitably exposing yourself to, by making your work publicly available.
Happy Easter!!

Have reviews already been deleted? Because right now I see only one guy who's obviously unable to read properly.

I'd go by view and download counter. Most users will neither review at all, much less donate, and everywhere grumpy idiots may be more inclined to spent their time "venting" in the review section.

Wait a little till YouTube reviewers do videos on your stuff, I found those always pretty flattering as guys see stuff so different than you yourself as the creator.

I'm quite shocked to hear this- that one Guy even wrote you shouldn't believe the good reviews (I was one of them).
Apart from AI-Line and Cameras I don't see much what would be missing from the Track in it's current state really. I think it's the same as everywhere- there are always many who are satisfied, but you don't hear much from them. Yet, those who don't seem to like anything have the loudest voice.:( Most of them have never given anything valuable to the comunity, anyway...
I stand by my 5- Star Rating, and, like many others, would really like to see a release of Dessau.

Yet, those who don't seem to like anything have the loudest voice.
They have all the tools to troll for their own amusement... how’s that fair to people actually contributing?

Been saying this for a while, really hope the star and comment ratings go away in favour of download count and maybe a ‘like’ system.

@THL don’t worry, good tracks find their way to the top of the rankings.

Never commented in this thread, but I've been following every single one of your posts and I just want to let you know that there are many others like me who are silently following your work and who admire everything you've created so far! So please don't quit modding, we stand with you! Hold your head up and f*** those haters!

The detail and the effort that you've put in are plain to see in both of your threads and in your released works.

In fact, as you may be able to tell from my earlier post, works on historical circuits like yours, FatAlfie's and others really inspire me to go read up and research details of eras I knew nothing about; you're bringing a period of history to life and colour that I would never have known otherwise so thanks for that; release or no release.

Seems I'm one of the worst track makers on planet earth with no prospect of improvement.

What's that even based on? I'm not sure if the comments have been removed, but there's not many negative reviews, just a two-star one from someone who clearly didn't understand that this isn't a 'final' release (possibly didn't read the description). That's a fairly extreme reaction unless I've missed something; I'm not going to rank all the modders who've ever released a track for AC (and I'm grateful for anyone who does, even if it's not one of interest to me) but if I were I'd have no doubt from your Aspertsham project and now this that you're in the top bracket!

You are of course completely free to release or not release things as you see fit - I really hope you choose to release a version of this one some day, whatever version number may be on it, but completely respect that you may not wish to; ultimately people on the internet are able to be critical of anything so if this affects you strongly then I understand not submitting it to a review system, even though personally I think it's a genuine five-star triumph and no doubt Dessau would be the same.

But thanks for the threads, the releases and inspiring my imagination anyway.

Last edited:
First time I write comment in the Forum/WIP section, but what happened with "Rennbahn" is just horrible. And now this...

As Gary said, this is YOUR hobby, your passion, and yours only. Do not let the envy of (few, ingrateful) others ruin your 'mood'. Do what you feel like doing, for yourself.

So please, don't be put off by idiotic people, and remember why you are a track maker.
What I see here is pure talent, but even more true passion...
...and you know, someone said: "True love is in the details"... and I think we all see a LOT of details here!
Don't give up!!!

OMG - do not give up!
Rennbahn is incredible!
I'm completely on board with those who say that you have many, many fans who are here but enjoy your work in silence.
I love this circuit . . . and hopefully you'll see your way to releasing Dessau as well at some point. Of course - I say this selfishly in the hope I get to drive on it some day.

I might be a bit late to the party...but usually the ones that give bad reviews and try to put you down are the ones that never tried to do something productive other than bringing their own frustration down onto others peoples lives. By putting others down in the comments they feel better themselves. It's just the psyche of people that possess only"internet balls". In reality they usually are push-overs who do not know how positive and constructive feedback works because they have had their own shortcomings.
So....don't become disheartened. From what we see your work ist outstanding. Most people agree with that. It would be a shame if a talented modder like yourself would stop the good work just because of some emotionaly malnourished persons opinion.
You do very good!

Hm, I got very bad ratings for Opel Rennbahn, which has a higher overall quality than Dessau. So there will be no release of Dessau in the next few months, maybe there will be no release at all. Would be a zero or one star rating. And to be honest, I'm thinking about quitting track making in general. Seems I'm one of the worst track makers on planet earth with no prospect of improvement. Very sad and frustrating. Sorry to disappoint the two or three people believing in me. It's so hard to maintain motivation with all these huge setbacks and no improvement at all :(. Have a happy easter!

Never commented in this thread, but I've been following every single one of your posts and I just want to let you know that there are many others like me who are silently following your work and who admire everything you've created so far! So please don't quit modding, we stand with you! Hold your head up and f*** those haters!

Another lurker and enjoyer of your content here, THL. Hopefully the cloud has passed but in case you still need to hear it, your content is awesomesauce/amazeballs/very, very good. It's your hobby and you shouldn't do it unless you enjoy it, but I selfishly hope you're still enjoying it. And like Ipsem said, uh, forget about those haters. Yeah, thats probably what that means...

When one door closes, another opens.
I returned to my second track project, which has been on hold for some years.
It's Dessauer Rennstrecke, a historic track of the 1950s located in East Germany.

I want to do all three major configurations.
I'm not sure about the 1955 configuration, could have been the B or the C layout.
Start/finish in C layout is uncertain too. In 1952 it was in the woods, for 1953 I have no information.

Footage is rare – I have about 100 photos – some things have to be guessed and I have to use some of the trackside elements for all layouts, although I have only evidence for a certain year.
I had quite good elevation data (with an accuracy of 1 meter) and a shaded relief, but especially the motorway access changed a lot. Fortunately the demolished road parts are still visible in Google Maps. Nevertheless there is a high probability for errors.

I have been there in 2016. You still can see the remains of the steep turn in the forest.

Here is a track map and first screenshots.View attachment 419924View attachment 419925View attachment 419926View attachment 419927View attachment 419928View attachment 419929
Love this! Hope it will be relase soon! I will be patient! Opel Rennbahn is beatiful! Don't give up and make it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back