Tracks Dessau 1949-1956

I know how it is to be a perfectionist. But if there's something you don't know after many hours of research, nobody else is going to notice it might not be correct :D

The mood looks absolutely stunning :)

I don't know about you, but I'm sitting on my huge collection of detailed aerial photography from the 1952 Dessau GP just to be able to show Thomas how wrong he got the hedges. Obviously, after he releases it...

Seriously though, it's looking better with every screenshot.

Tents and equipment for the "Fahrerlager":

Screenshot_ks_maserati_250f_12cyl_dessauer_28-0-121-17-9-47.jpg

How you did the 3D spectators is spectacular and leaves my astounded. There are so many of them, everyone seems to have different posture, body shape, clothing, appears to look at something, pointing somewhere, or being about to take a step, then so carefully arranged, and everyone's casting a shadow, that's just completely next level. So much small items rendered in detail in the surroundings, coloration of the grass and soil is varied even.
Absolutely stunning:inlove::thumbsup::)

Small update:
- new, additional type of undergrowth in the forest (screenshot 2, low poly branches)
- grandstands on the motorway with more details, now with "high" poly (1k) 3D people (screenshot 3)

1952 layout: 82 % of scenery done
1949 layout: 47 % of scenery done
1950 layout: 33 % of scenery done

Screenshot_ks_maserati_250f_12cyl_dessauer_16-1-121-12-21-1.jpg

Screenshot_ks_maserati_250f_12cyl_dessauer_16-1-121-14-21-0.jpg

Screenshot_ks_maserati_250f_12cyl_dessauer_20-1-121-16-37-57.jpg

That forest has so much depth to it - I'd never been able to put my finger on what made FatAlfie's vegetation stand above other vintage tracks, but you have explained it here very well - the woods look very dark and foreboding, really encapsulates the 'fear' that one should have driving so fast next to trees (but most drivers apparently lacked in the real world!).

Anyway, ramblings of a thankful person, it's looking great.

Just WOW, those screens look beyond awesome!!

If my aging GTX1080 will not render all those 3D folks, 3D trees, and their shadows adequately, I swear I'll buy a RTX3080:cool:,...if it would be available:unsure:,...and if it would be available at a reasonable price:redface:

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this thread, but just a note to say what a huge rabbit hole this has sent me down in terms of learning about cars and motorsports in 1950s Germany.

Started just by looking up the track on RacingSportscars (https://www.racingsportscars.com/track/archive/Dessau.html) but there were so many car brands mentioned I'd never heard of, like EMW (Eastern BMW with red instead of blue in the badge), Borgward and AFM, and stories I didn't know, like Glöckler's Porsche 356 being the basis of the Porsche 550.

If there's any suggested reading, I'd love to know more about how the racing scene worked in divided Germany; it seems a lot of drivers and cars were able to race both sides of the border in the 50s, but I don't know a huge amount about the politics of the era in general.

Sorry for the OT.

Hm, I got very bad ratings for Opel Rennbahn, which has a higher overall quality than Dessau. So there will be no release of Dessau in the next few months, maybe there will be no release at all. Would be a zero or one star rating. And to be honest, I'm thinking about quitting track making in general. Seems I'm one of the worst track makers on planet earth with no prospect of improvement. Very sad and frustrating. Sorry to disappoint the two or three people believing in me. It's so hard to maintain motivation with all these huge setbacks and no improvement at all :(. Have a happy easter!

Hm, I got very bad ratings for Opel Rennbahn, which has a higher overall quality than Dessau. So there will be no release of Dessau in the next few months, maybe there will be no release at all. Would be a zero or one star rating. And to be honest, I'm thinking about quitting track making in general. Seems I'm one of the worst track makers on planet earth with no prospect of improvement. Very sad and frustrating. Sorry to disappoint the two or three people believing in me. It's so hard to maintain motivation with all these huge setbacks and no improvement at all :(. Have a happy easter!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your work is amazing! Screw the few haters.

that's the famous greedy entitled know-it-all 1%... Ruining it for the rest of us.
Ask the few modders around, we've all had our share of entitled pricks
Some modders even did give up in the process... so those 1% really are a plague.
Who often forget they get things for free, made by someone passionate and out of his free time.

Try and think of the 99% who are really enjoying your content, most of them in silent, but still present !

(and i've said it already, for what it's worth, your work is work of art sir !
So screw those ****ers ! United we stand ;))

Last edited:
Man you have good potential in 3d modelling and on the small details. It's like with music, when young musicians with a lot of fresh ideas make very interesting orchestration and stuff. But then facing the reality that it won't sound too good on certain soundsystems (and especially on shitty ones), and some mixing and engineering is overdone and other bits lacking.
Now it's time to learn stuff like optimization, key components for bare minimum working track, working with draw calls etc. Luckly there are good tutorals out there. When you incorporate these ideas with yours, theres potential of true gems getting released by you.
But don't fall into the trap "until i learn every bit of information, i won't release any single bit". Keep releasing stuff that's your current best, track and split the feedback to what's needed to consider, and what's pure nonsense.

Last edited:
Please do not stop work on this amazing track. Opel Rennbahn is brilliant excellent details, excellent quality. It just seems to be a few people who hate everything, love to see some of their efforts oh wait they haven't done anything apart from moan. You carry on I'm really looking forward to the completed Opel track and this one.

Mate, you're getting beat up for details equating to a missing AI line here! Don't let people like that damage your self-esteem this hard... these are way up there as one of the best mods I've driven on in a long while! :thumbsup:
You see woefully unrealistic converts from other games get 5-Star reviews because they "feel right"... this actually has genuine passion and effort, seriously, keep it up man!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back