Design a Track Competition!

Sebring was just fine in the good old days......
sebring-52.gif
seb52v2.jpg

I've kept most of the original layout, but re-purposed it some. Some corners are tighter or wider, maybe made into a double-apex. I've also incorporated the Golden Eagle Drive cross-over to help add some length to it while maintaining a small footprint. Having cars drive by the pits twice on both sides now give spectators twice the chances to see them.

http://gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7159355

Sebring was just fine in the good old days......
sebring-52.gif
seb52v2.jpg
This.

The problem with this premise is asking us to bring out our inner Tilke. Tilke was tasked with designing/redesigning tracks to make for more passing opportunities: To make racing "Fun To Watch" for the fans. He ended up designing tracks that encouraged single file racing as there is but only one good line on his tracks.

The above track has very few corners that would have cars slowing to a crawl and allows for multiple racing lines.

I guess changing a track "In the name of safety" as was done at Hockenheim, Nurburgring, A1 Ring, or designing new tracks that are nothing more than boring ribbons of pavement is the way to go these days.

I say keep Sebring as it is, or revert back to how it was in the above iteration. If you wanna tilkify a track how bout we let Tilke have a go at Spa, or Monza? How bout the Nordschlieffe?

I would rather we got rid of Tilke's affronts to speed and went back to more flowing tracks.

I'm not going to embarrass myself with a track design, but I do have to say it's funny to see gmap-pedometer being used, as that has been my standby site for planning/measuring running routes for many years now!

I'm not a fan of tilke tracks, with one exception, turkey GP. Pretty sure that was tilke. That is an amazing circuit. I will try and channel whatever was going through his mind when I do my redesign.

Another great track should be ruined because of F1? Let me laugh... Today as a joke of an "racing" series it is, it doesnt deserve to even exist. It's only for Mickey mouse's... Former glory long gone.
What great tracks have been ruined by F1? You would do well to find one driver who preferred the old Hockenheim.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back