Design a Track Competition!

I even relocated it closer to where I live
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7158856

26fd5603-a1bf-4692-aa4a-a5808f1b4e27.png

That park has so many possibilities to be turned into an awesome motorsports park. It even has an oval at the top!

EDIT: Just found out they do race there, thats awesome!

They do race, but only nationally, which is a shame, because our racing scene is so small due to economics of our country. Anyway, it's always fun seeing a 30 Yugo grid going fender-to-fender into the first corner! ;)

This is my redesign. It looks at the bigger picture:

...for Tilke
gun.jpg

FIA's Rule 43-532.3s.3.4-3: "Track" and "Design" have been banned from our "acceptable use of terms" policy and can no longer be used in the same sentence. :thumbsup:

They do race, but only nationally, which is a shame, because our racing scene is so small due to economics of our country. Anyway, it's always fun seeing a 30 Yugo grid going fender-to-fender into the first corner! ;)
remember seing pictures from the time serbia had a supertouring championship, stunning track and a nightmare for the FIA...

found a onboard lap with a Alfa 156

Tilke should be banned from motor sports for life. All Tilkedromes should be demolished, and the classic tracks that he's butchered should be restored.

Tilke should be banned from motor sports for life. All Tilkedromes should be demolished, and the classic tracks that he's butchered should be restored.
Hockenheim and Red Bull Ring are an awful lot better than their old versions, racing-wise at least.

Hockenheim and Red Bull Ring are an awful lot better than their old versions, racing-wise at least.

I don't consider drivers going off track onto acres of paved runoff -- and then returning without so much as losing a position -- to be an improvement.

Let them get stuck in gravel or hit a wall. We have SAFER barriers and HANS devices now, so no one is going to die.

I don't consider drivers going off track onto acres of paved runoff -- and then returning without so much as losing a position -- to be an improvement.

Let them get stuck in gravel or hit a wall. We have SAFER barriers and HANS devices now, so no one is going to die.
Tarmac runoff is the FIA to blame, not Tilke. Tilke is given a list of stuff by the FIA that he has to follow. Learn the real reasons before you spout rubbish.

Tarmac runoff is the FIA to blame, not Tilke. Tilke is given a list of stuff by the FIA that he has to follow. Learn the real reasons before you spout rubbish.

Of course the FIA bears partial blame, but I doubt they have any regulations that state all tracks must consist of half-mile long straights that end in hairpins, with one or two sections of weird, artificially-shaped corners. That's Tilke.

Leave the real circuits alone.

Of course the FIA bears partial blame, but I doubt they have any regulations that state all tracks must consist of half-mile long straights that end in hairpins, with one or two sections of weird, artificially-shaped corners. That's Tilke.

Leave the real circuits alone.
I don't disagree with that, but that wasn't your previous point. That said, the race we've just had at boring Tilke made COTA was multiple times better than the dreary procession we had at the supposed godly Suzuka.

What's with all the whining... there used to be a whole forum for this... I was a moderator :) Shame it didn't last very long...

Anyway, here's my effort. Tried to maintain the overall flow and best corners, while eliminating some of the annoying fiddly bits, and adding both flowing sections and overtaking chances for any kind of car.

Attachments

• 2017-10-22 13_51_21-gmap-pedometer.com.png
    2017-10-22 13_51_21-gmap-pedometer.com.png
    776.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back