Default TC65 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Tue 1st May

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Default TC65
Track: Spa Francorchamps
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (30 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (8 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (8 laps)
Note1: Default Skins Only
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Senad Subasic
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito
  3. Peter Van Zanten
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Roland Warmenhoven
  6. Ian Strom
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

Hope you got some well-deserved rest Stu :sleep: while we had some fun.

Bit of a shame that numbers weren't high, especially for a large track like Spa, but in R1 we had a perfectly symmetric grid of Falcons, Alfas and a lone Mustang.
Turned out the Fords were a bit too muscular though, as the Alfa's had a hard time keeping up. I could keep my Falcon in the lead for a long long time, battling with Knut right on my tail.
The sheer width of the Falcon is a great advantage when you're in the lead; especially when going sideways through a corner as there simply is not enough track left for anyone else to pass you :roflmao:. However,near the end which is where it matters, Knut in his Stang had enough of playing around behind me and put the pressure on until I made a little mistake:O_o: and he flew by. Well done Knut!

For race 2, in an attempt to even the field I picked a Mini while Knut opted the Abarth. Initially this worked quite well, even so well that first Peter and Knut, and later Ian and Knut were so close they even made contact.. It must have been a scary sight from inside that little Abarth:confused: .. Once we all got settled in though, Peter was getting so well at home in his Alfa that he drove off not to be seen again thus claiming (his first I believe?) RD club win! Grats Peter!

Thanks:thumbsup: to Stu and to Knut for admin duties, and to all drivers as Spa is always a treat to drive.

Yup, would be nice with a few more drivers on this track. But I still I had a lot of fun last night.

Had some nice V8 racing in R1. The Stang and Falcon were well matched around here and could keep it quite close. But Roland was very quick in the Falcon, so the slightest mistake was difficult to make up again. Was able to to find some more speed later in the race and had some nice racing towards the end.

The Abarth in R2 was quite a different experience. With Ian having an engine twice the size of the Abarth and Mini combined it resulted in some very entertaining laps and some nice racing along the way. And congrats to Peter for the win, well done:thumbsup:

Thanks Stuart for organizing and to all that showed up.

Started with 6 in practice then Senad disappear? just before Quali so 5 of us started, me from p4 but a bad start put me back to 5't place, Roland (Falcon) an Knut (Stang) tundering on Kemmel Ian (Falcon ) past Peter (Alfa ) so Peter in front of me ( Alfa) holding on, Peter an Ian small fight for a place on Pouhon Ian off so I stay by Peter than in the Bus stop Peter lost the car so me on p3, I now Peter was faster than me so try to set some good laps but Peter growing in my mirror,but it take 2 laps an a small error from me to overtake me,then the Bus stop Peter lost it again that give me back p3 an hold it to the finish line !
Thanks Stu (take it easy ) an Knut for setting it up !!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back