Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyermix.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Race1 - GTC65 / Race 2 - GTC76
Track: Dijon Prenois GP (Default)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (16 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (16 laps)

Note1: You have your choice of any default car
Note2: Default skins only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Not the best possible outing, but was fun. Near the end especially. No way could I have matched Stuart's pace, but Eck's Corvette somehow remained behind. Looked scary big in the rear view mirror though.

Sorry for missing race 2, was posting results in the Rally Club, and it got a bit complicated.

Perfect occasion for me to try some of the unfamiliar default cars.:) Tried quite a few of them in the days before tuesday, but no matter how powerful a car I tried for R1, for a long time I was quickest in the humble little Elan. Having driven that @ Oulton just last week, it had to be something else.:D I felt quite quick in both the Shelby and the GT40, and in the end I could not resist the sensation of the Ford's insane acceleration combined with a quite driveable default setup.

It wasn't until tuesday's P1 though after trying others' setups that I first managed to beat my Elan PB.
From then on things went uphill for me, managed front row of the grid in Q1 although Bob came really close, I got off the line with only little fishtailing and managed to keep the car pointing in the right direction for 16 continuous laps.
Managed to open a small gap about halfway through, with the GT40's sheer power masking some little mistakes I made, but in the closing stages I saw Bob closing in rapidly, but not enough to keep me from my 2nd ever GTL Club victory!!:)

I had such fun in the GTC-65 class cars that I did not really prepare for R2; I had only done some quick laps in the Alpina BMW and both Capri's. I did not want it to be an all Ford night so started practice in the Alpina BMW, but made the move to the more powerful Schnitzer BMW after seeing what Stuart could do with it.. They are slightly different cars though, and I struggled a bit using my Alpina setup, only managing 8th on the grid.

R2 started OK, found myself in 6th surrounded by Porsche 906's, and while the three 906's in front of me all bounced off-track in different directions:eek: in the opening laps handing me 3rd place, and another accident behind me gave me some breathing space there, I could only witness Eck and Stu quickly disappear into the distance not to be seen again:eek:. Driving by myself I got overconfident at one point, spun the Beemer into the barrier losing my front wing.:confused:
When back on track I found Magnus' yellow 911 and Jacobs 906 chasing me, and while Jacob complained that I was so laggy he didn't dare overtaking, apparently Magnus didn't have that problem as he made a clean inside pass when I missed an apex and stayed ahead until finish while I could do nothing but trying to hang on, so I finished in 4th. Strong drive by him in IIRC the 911 with the weakest engine.

Thanks Stuart for setting up the event, Grats to all podium finishers and thx all for racing, hope to see most of you again either on thursday or saturday!

"Jacob complained that I was so laggy he didn't dare overtaking, apparently Magnus didn't have that problem "

I did see him and someone else lagging and it was hard to try to pass him without crashing into Jacob. I was find a quite good setting for the 911 and was not aware of the weak engine :)

Really fun race for me and THX Stuart for the event.

Well after some time I managed to race again & what joy it was to be back. Race 1 was the most enjoyable have put the little Elan on second place on the grid. I new I wasn't going to keep it though with Eck just behind in V8 power. After the start, & as Roland said he got away well, I got loose but kept it on the track but had to just let Eck sail by into T1. Now I noticed Thommo right behind so knew I had to put the pressure on Eck & after 4 corners managed to get by him & by the last turn I was staring down Rolands exhaust buty with Eck just behind he was past on the long home straight. Into T1 again & this time Thommo made a classic pass so I was now down to 4th. I rode shotgun watching Eck & Thommo battle it out round the next couple of laps hoping for a classic race with T later on but this was not to be as Eck & T had a coming together which robbed me of that. Now with Roland in the distance I tried really hard to close the gap but he was just to quick so had to settle for 2nd in the end. Well done Roland, top driving mate.

As for race 2, in the awesome Capri RS with sound mod, a car I have only driven once before, I chose not to quali due to the fact I had a bit of time inhand during praci. Reflecting back I should have as once the race started I tried to stay out of trouble but going into T4, i think, I got punted out of the race. This left my car feeling somewhat alien & after a couple of laps & a few more spins I pitted to get the repairs done.

Thanks to Thommo as always, top track/car combo there mate, grts to Roland & Thommo on the respected wins & thanks to all the guys for making it a top nights racing.

Really nice race evening,
R1 took the Healy knowing it was to slow but giving much pleasure to race an a great sound on my headphone !!

R2, Porche 906 for the first time in a race real eye opener,small but fast Q on p5 behind two 906 but made it place 3 in T1 behind Stu en Eck a bid to exciting an lost it so everybody passing so start all over having some nice fights under way an fin on p6 Nice!!
Grats Roland nice win! an Stu for holding of the Chevy !
Thanks Stu, realy nice! an all the guys for racing!!

R1. Drove the Ford GT 40. Found a good setup online which felt solid but I had a poor start because I had to brake as some one ahead had trouble and then Peter spun ( no problem ) to the right and we made contact. After one lap I caught and passed Jacob and Magnus on the last straight because of the car's power but they returned the favour at T1 as I entered too quickly. Shortly after Jacob went off and I caught /passed Magnus again. Later Ian and Stu were in my sights and I could make little agains but I had a couple unforced offs which hurt any chance of coming close to them. I felt that I could have done somewhat better with a little more pratice with this car because my pace was fair but my consistancy was not. Fun car to drive.

R2. Drove the 906, started in 3rd, lost two places but quickly gained them back. I was hanging with Eck and Stu for a bit and feeling confortable but the last right hander bit me and I lost control. Dropped to 6th, had two more spins in two connecting corner ( sorry Peter and Hans) and fell to 9th. Later I caught up to Ian and we had a good battle until he slipped off, then Bob and I had at it a bit. He spun, I passed, he pitted and returned just as I was going by and he passed me at the end of the lap on the straight. I had more offs but did slowly catch up to Ian near the end and we fought to the end with me just getting by on the last corner. Same deal as last race, fair pace but not consistant which hurt any chance of recovery.

Grats to podiums ( Wd Roland / Stu ), to Stu< good choice again>, cheers to all attending drivers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back