Debezeled Monitors

Just got my triplescreen mount so was able to see how easy it would be to debezel my montiors. A few quick pics.

Before
IMG_0035.jpg

After
IMG_0362.jpg

Reduced to 4mm instead of 12mm
IMG_0365.jpg

and because they are now silver they become virtually transparent, downside is I used to use the edge of the bezel as a brake mark at some tracks, now braking 8mm later whatever that equates to ingame my brain has yet to work out.

Would love to do this with my set when they arrive.
Does this destroy the outer casing? As in, can it be put back on if possible? Just curious how this may work if a warranty or RMA is required.

Also, what model Dell are those? are they IPS and do they work well? Blurring/Ghosting, input lag etc?

Sorry for all the questions. :p Set up looks great.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Just be careful and you can put them back together easily. Check youtube for WSGF vid on how to do it.

They're are P2310. Just plain old TFT but they gave me such a good price on these it was hard to say no and as you can see with a bit of setting up they give great results for a good price. I did wait till they where out of warranty before I did it tho.

Upvote 0
Yup that helps! Sadly you can see the image doesn't start directly inside the metal, so the expected gain is a bit reduced, but still.. Smaller bezel = win! Just takes a bit of bravery, I'm glad you did it ;)

Upvote 0
Just opening the monitors without doing anything else if the company can prove you did it voids the warranty. If you aren't too worried about the warranty then go ahead, but if you need the ability to use the warranty, wait till the monitors are out before doing something like this.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back