Database Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
Ryder Database Editor

version 2.2.2012.0522
This program will allow you to edit the database file in the ego engine games.

Features:
  • Convert -- Converts the bin file into easy to understand and organized datatables or xml file.
  • Add/Edit Row Form -- A form that makes adding or editing much easier than before.
  • Compare/Merge Databases -- Get the differences between two databases and merge those differences.
  • Alternating Rows -- Puts color on every other row to make viewing easier.
  • Filtering -- Allows you to quickly search each column and has the option to turn on and off certain columns.
  • Column Sorting -- Lets you sort each column in ascending, descending or default order.
  • Command Line -- Includes a command line version of the program.
Changelog
    • Changed XML format a little
    • Increased Convert Speed
    • Added a new GUI Program For Easier Editing
    • Added a button to close tabs since some were having trouble saving (GUI 2)
    • Added support for Dirt 3
    • New Features: Column Sorting, Alternating Row Colors, Visible Column Selection, Column Filtering, Export/Import as XML
    • Changed XML structure
    • Removed GUI 1
    • Added support for F1 2011
    • New Features: Add/Edit Row Form - Now much easier to make changes
    • Fixed pasting and Adding new rows
    • Asks to save changes on exit if changes were made
    • Added restrictions for many things so expect the program to yell at you if you do something wrong
    • NOTE: The command line version was not updated from 2.0
    • New Features: Compare/Merge Databases
    • Added button for Opening Populated Tables, Linked Tables, and Closing All Tables
    • Open LinkedTables to columns by MiddleMouseClicking a cell in that column
    • Right-Click a Cell to directly edit its contents
    • NOTE: The command line version was not updated from 2.0... still
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Rydiculous - For testing and giving suggestions.
  • Shadow - For testing and giving suggestions.
  • luh-koala - For making the program icon.
RDE22.png
Read readme for useful tips and let me know if there are any problems.

Well this is a nice surprise! Thank you so much Ryder :) I don't know where we'd be without you. That compare and merge function looks like a fabulous idea. Looking forwards to using this. :D

Thanks again.

I have a problem:(. I change teams tiers and virtual performances (in database) like real 2012 F1 season, but I haven´t this car setup in my second season in carrier (I change Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lotus in tier 1, Force India, Sauber, Williams in tier 2, Caterham, Torro Rosso in tier 4 and Marussia, HRT in tier 5) . Where is problem. Thank you for reply!

After making certain performance changes, you usually have to start a brand new career as changing an existing one will not work, because the game changes teams performance over the course of the career.

@Ryder25 I have a Problem mate
I tried to make the tire wear more Different so instead of three types i Decided to add another row and test it
I've added another row to Track_tyre_wear_level but when i try to keep the New added Row number in to the Track_Model table column tyre_wear_level it was displaying a Error
Incorrect Data was entered into the Cell
Foreign Key Constraint Relation55 requires Child key values (4) to exist in the Parent Table
Is the Tyre wear level was not the Parent Table for tyre wear relation and is there any one
Is that possible to add Some more rows so that we can make things Differently??
Waiting for your Reply mate

That's because table track_tyre_wear_level is not connected to column tyre_wear_level.

Middle click (scroll click) the tyre_wear level column and you'll see that it is actually connected to lookup_high_med_low table.

That's because table track_tyre_wear_level is not connected to column tyre_wear_level.

Middle click (scroll click) the tyre_wear level column and you'll see that it is actually connected to lookup_high_med_low table.
Thank you mate now Actually i can differentiate Tracks with Very high wear to very low wear like Monaco can be Single Stopper and High wear tracks like Sepang can be 3 stopper
I tried to see the Connected Tables but when ever i tried to open them a unhandled Exception was Occurring and thanks for help mate
I will report back to you after differentiating tracks clearly

Thing is, is it possible to change my own tyre wear but only that? I.e. the AI won't be affected by the change. I guess not but well, worth asking. :)

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DRIVER NAMES ?
NICK HEIDFELD TO KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN OR SOMETHING ?

I changed all mine in the drivers section, including the 3-letter versions (ALO, HAM etc.) and the nationality IDs, and it didn't display properly. The names would be "f" or strange flashing characters. So I restored it and just changed the skins. I'd like to know if other people have had success and what I was missing from my changes.

Ryder, can you help me please? When i try to open the database.bin i get the following:

Error
The program failed to convert!

Do you know how do i solve this?

Tried
  • Run the exe as an administrator or give it administrator rights.
  • Make sure the folder that you put the files in is not readonly.
  • Put the files in a folder on the desktop.
Still not working :(
EDIT: Just made it following Ryder's another post about using the BinXML with schema.bin, its working now!
THANKS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back