F1 2011 Database.bin what does each value mean

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys,

Has enough experimentation been done so that someone can explain what each of the vaules mean in the database file and how/if they actually effect say ai performance?

I been using the database editing program but I am not convinced when making changes to individual driver performance it is actually making any difference in the game.

cheers

I've tried to change the strength of the AI ​​drivers, especially Lotus and Force India. But there is nothing changed in the game. I tried Speed ​/ in / out and control but even if I give Alonso 0.1 he runs between No. 6 and 10 (without acceleration time). There's a table are the same values ​​ai_tier_charecteristics there, I think that the times generated by random and are only Team_Tier the difference is. When Lotus gets tier 4 they go just as fast as Williams and Force India and also the chance to change places. Do everybody have other experiences there?

LG

sry. for my English

If you want to change team performance you need to change the ai_tier_characteristics. There is about 4sec difference between 0.1 and 1. If you want to speed up the minor teams change the tier 5 settings from 0.1 to about 0.3.:)

I've been playing with Database myself. There are 4 tabs called: Canned_events_(...)
Here it seems you can modify the chance on failures by the AI. You can modify them per driver, team, round or track.
I'm still testing these values but it seems it increases the chance that AI crashes and DNF's.
This sounds very promising. Now that AI agression is better thanks to Jace this is my new pet peeve. What values have you currently got?

I've been playing with Database myself. There are 4 tabs called: Canned_events_(...)
Here it seems you can modify the chance on failures by the AI. You can modify them per driver, team, round or track.
I'm still testing these values but it seems it increases the chance that AI crashes and DNF's.

Yes this does look promising, I had not looked at these yet. Looking at these, it looks like you can set the likelihood of different failures for each individual track, or team or championship round or for individual drivers, which would be great. Interestingly they are all set to zero as default, have you seen an increase in failures by increasing these figures Solictice? I'll test this as well when I get chance.

Yes this does look promising, I had not looked at these yet. Looking at these, it looks like you can set the likelihood of different failures for each individual track, or team or championship round or for individual drivers, which would be great. Interestingly they are all set to zero as default, have you seen an increase in failures by increasing these figures Solictice? I'll test this as well when I get chance.

Yeah they where all set to 0.
I changed all value's to 0,1. My second long race weekend coming up now, at Q2 with my Force India, Japan. In Singapore i had about 4 DNF's in the qualifying and about 6-8 DNF's in the race. No Safety car and it didn't happen in the first few laps. I didn't touch them or even see them either. I did see some parts of front wings etc @ part where you drive underneath the spectators.
I also noticed Hamilton crashing into the car infront of him because he missed his breaking point and locking his front wheels. He lost his front wing.

Now in Japan Q1, Sutil and Kobayashi crashed. I didn't even see them or touch them. I only saw a part of someone's front wing.
I'll update when the race is over.

But so far I have had more crashes and errors by the AI then before. So it looks like its working. Not 100% sure because I didn't drive Singapore & Japan with default values.

Yeah indeed
I changed it all to 0.5 and set all values in ''round'' to 0.
So just changed the drivers, team & track now

See how it goes now.

Edit:

I also noticed that you have to play Practice and Qualifying in ''realtime''. So no speeding it up with the forward option.
Nobody crashed when i used that. While when i just sit and drive some laps with driveout, people did crash.

0.1 sounds a bit high if you're getting 4 DNFs in qually and 6-8 in the race. 0.02 sounds like it might be more realistic.

That's because he edited all the canned_events_WHATEVER_modifier if you edit the monaco track to have 0,1 chance of error you might get more realistic results, and from there you tweak the mistakes to fit your preferences.

I'm not really sure what the "round"_modifier applies to, cause there are 20 rounds so it can't be the P1,2,3 Q1,2,3 and race.

0.1 sounds a bit high if you're getting 4 DNFs in qually and 6-8 in the race. 0.02 sounds like it might be more realistic.

Yeah indeed
I changed it all to 0.5 and set all values in ''round'' to 0.

So... If 0 is the default value I think 1 will be the higher value, right? At this value we may have a real carnage on track...

If at 0.1 you have 10-12 DNF's, at 0.5 you should have... What?! 23 DNF's? :)

What is the lowest value, where are less mistakes, and what should be the higher value, with lot's of crashes, engine problems and so on? I just think that 0.01 must be the lowest and 1 the biggest... Right?

So... If 0 is the default value I think 1 will be the higher value, right? At this value we may have a real carnage on track...

If at 0.1 you have 10-12 DNF's, at 0.5 you should have... What?! 23 DNF's? :)

What is the lowest value, where are less mistakes, and what should be the higher value, with lot's of crashes, engine problems and so on? I just think that 0.01 must be the lowest and 1 the biggest... Right?

Looks like it.

tested with 0.05 now, only 3 DNF's at Japan 50% race. none by me

Hello,
could anyone plz explain me when I'm changing all those "canned" tables simply nothing at all happens (always 24/24 finished and not a single DNF with 0,05, 0,1, 0,15 and 1 values)? It really drives me nuts :frown:.
All help is welcome.

Hello,
could anyone plz explain me when I'm changing all those "canned" tables simply nothing at all happens (always 24/24 finished and not a single DNF with 0,05, 0,1, 0,15 and 1 values)? It really drives me nuts :frown:.
All help is welcome.

Same with me Kromus, but I am in a career, I am beginning to think it might only work when a new career is started, I'm not convinced changes take effect when the database file is changed on an already-begun career. I assume it is working in GP mode, Solictice can you confirm you are talking about GP mode please?

Same with me Kromus, but I am in a career, I am beginning to think it might only work when a new career is started, I'm not convinced changes take effect when the database file is changed on an already-begun career. I assume it is working in GP mode, Solictice can you confirm you are talking about GP mode please?

Thx for reply, but I've got different issue here.
I've started new career but still nothing, it seems like some changes I do in my "database.bin" are simply ignored by game...
It really puzzles me, for example, I put Mclaren in tier 4 (to start a new career with it) and it works. On the other hand, when I change values in "ai_drivers" (more aggressivness, more mistakes, chances of failures etc.) it does nothing and same goes with those "canned_xxx" events... I'm really out of ideas here :frown:.

Or do these changes work only on "Legend" difficulty?

Well I've made these changes on both intermediate and professional. The wet weather ability definitely works. The mistakes and mechanical failures also definitely increased the dnfs (though I cannot tell whether they are mistakes, mech failures or both). I also believe, but am not yet certain, that I have decreased the wet weather chances, but have still to verify this.
But like you, I have seen no effect by changing the canned_xxx_events, which is a shame as I was hoping to see some more AI engine blowups!.

I have already-begun GP mode. And I have more mistakes and retirements after changing the values.
Sorry, but I don't really know about Career mode.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back