F1 2011 Database.bin what does each value mean

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys,

Has enough experimentation been done so that someone can explain what each of the vaules mean in the database file and how/if they actually effect say ai performance?

I been using the database editing program but I am not convinced when making changes to individual driver performance it is actually making any difference in the game.

cheers

I have lowered the 'driver ability in the wet' column by .25 for each driver and it has definitely slowed them down and made the game enjoyable in the wet for me as well as the dry. But something I am not yet sure of is whether the change works if you put it into a career that is already underway. The change might not take effect unless you start a new career. But I am not sure of this yet.

I have also edited the mechanical failures and mistakes columns (lowered the numbers), and (along with raising the damage sensitivity) I am getting a few retirements in most races now.

Most of the values seem to range from 0 to 1, 1 being the 'best' and zero the 'worst'. As an example I experimented with Alonso, changing his wet weather ability to 0.1, and he was immediately way down the field in wet conditions. So I have adjusted them all to make them competitive for me in the wet. But some of the values seem to be set at 2, so I have still more to work out yet.
It would be useful if people could post their findings here, we might learn more quickly what the settings do. :)

Another thing I have worked out is how to change the likelihood of rain. This is done in the Dynamic_environment_settings tab.
The numbers in clear_state_ratio + heavy_rain_state_ratio + light_cloud_state_ratio + light_rain_state_ratio + overcast_state_ratio all add up to a total of 1, and the relevant track ID is listed further along the table. So you can increase/decrease the chance of rain/sun/cloud for each individual track.

There is a tab called track_model, in which you can set the track grip in P1,2,3 Q and Race.
you can also set the safety car chance per track, i think 1 is the maximum and 0 null, the top speed of the track, the tyre wear level (which is useful if you change de tyres for the korea track), the option and prime tyres for each track, brake wear, pitstop total time, etc... you can really mess with it.

Most of the values seem to range from 0 to 1, 1 being the 'best' and zero the 'worst'. As an example I experimented with Alonso, changing his wet weather ability to 0.1, and he was immediately way down the field in wet conditions. So I have adjusted them all to make them competitive for me in the wet. But some of the values seem to be set at 2, so I have still more to work out yet.
It would be useful if people could post their findings here, we might learn more quickly what the settings do. :)

I also want to modify AI's wet weather performance but i don't know how much. Keith can i ask how much you reduced each players wet weather ability? Reduce each by 0.2? 0.05?

I also want to modify AI's wet weather performance but i don't know how much. Keith can i ask how much you reduced each players wet weather ability? Reduce each by 0.2? 0.05?

I reduced them all by 0.25 (originally tried -0.3 but found it was a bit too easy, so adjusted it back to -0.25). BUT I also add TC assist if it rains so I may still have to tweak this as I'd like to run my career without any assists; but I'll see how it feels across the rest of the season first, overall it has definitely brought their wet weather performance more in line with their dry weather speed, so it has really made an improvement to the game for me. The original wet weather was ruining my career, I didn't stand a chance, but now I can compete fairly in wet or dry (including intermediates).

I reduced them all by 0.25 (originally tried -0.3 but found it was a bit too easy, so adjusted it back to -0.25). I may still have to tweak this but I'll see how it feels across the rest of the season first, but it has definitely brought their wet weather performance more in line with their dry weather speed, so it has really made an improvement to the game for me. The original wet weather was ruining my career, I didn't stand a chance, but now I can compete fairly in wet or dry (including intermediates).
At first I tried reducing 0.2 each. But I'm not a good wet weather driver and the cars behind are all over my gearbox. So probably reducing 0.3 to 0.35 each will do for me. Thanks for the tip. Now I too can enjoy wet races.

I've been playing with Database myself. There are 4 tabs called: Canned_events_(...)
Here it seems you can modify the chance on failures by the AI. You can modify them per driver, team, round or track.
I'm still testing these values but it seems it increases the chance that AI crashes and DNF's.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%