IMAGE_1.png
Extract and replace all from the downloaded file

Repeat process from folder "ks_toyota_ae86_drift" for:
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983_drift
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983_drift_alt

and from folder "ks_toyota_ae86_tuned" for:
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983_club
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983_rally

I'm aware. Don't care. It's not included anymore; hopefully when my Levin 3D completes, I can muster the courage to make a real rallycar too.

Stock version starts some kind of roll pogo motion in stabilized cornering at maximum lateral acceleration.
It does do it regardless, but it's amplified due to the too stiff bumpstops thanks to packers not ****ing working on AXLE and the only alternative being a 500k~ rate BUMPSTOP_UP.

The other alternative is completely wrong handling everywhere, with massive understeer. It kind of needs to contact the outside stop in roll.

Go donate a few thousand dollars to CSP so they can fix it, and then I'll update it likely.

Update coming up some time later.

I found at least a largely effective fix to the pogo motion @Avo77 mentioned.

It wasn't actually completely the bumpstop, which I was finding strange as it only impacts on one wheel. The bumpstop being too stiff just means a tad too neutral handling at peak roll, but the pogo is actually largely separate.

So it was affecting other cars too as well, not just the stock car. The motion was just so miniscule that it largely translated into fluctuating tire loads, and with a car which is this peaky already, it didn't stand out too much to me.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it has to do with the fact the diff doesn't rotate in AC. Savvy people will know the implications of that and what you need to do to fix it.

I've since made up a more fantasy like rear geo which does fix those issues, so it's a bit of a necessary evil. The performance isn't really impacted, it's still an axle after all, just more correct properties. People who found the Drift car in particular hard to drive might be satisfied with the next one. :thumbsup:

Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) Toyota AE86 Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Rear geo bug fix, tires, setup

06.08.2020 Version 1.7

- Modified rear geometries to alleviate bounciness/binding in suspension
- Checked and standardized tires a little
- Minor setup changes
- Modifications to torque curves
- Changed frontal surface area in aero to more accurate value
- Removed SV90 and ST tires from stock; SV90 redundant and ST too high performance
- Reverted trail changes; too subjective currently and likely more wrong than without
- Maybe fixed head position for VR users?

Read the rest of this update entry...

IMAGE_1.png

In the downloaded rar file i have IMAGE2.jpg and IMAGE1.jpg. What i must replace and where?

IMAGE_1.png

In the downloaded rar file i have IMAGE2.jpg and IMAGE1.jpg. What i must replace and where?
Same install as all my cars.

copy from folder "ks_toyota_ae86"
all these files to the new created folders:
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983_s1
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983_s2

I'll replace the broken images on the RD page later if I remember. They're in the folder too if you need them.

Same install as all my cars.

copy from folder "ks_toyota_ae86"
all these files to the new created folders:
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983_s1
arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_sprinter_trueno_1983_s2

I'll replace the broken images on the RD page later if I remember. They're in the folder too if you need them.

Ok m8. Not that important. The important is the driving experience and you do great job with these physics updates over the existed kunos cars. Thanks!

Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) Toyota AE86 Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Big geometry changes, tire changes, setup changes

21.02.2020 Version 1.8

- CSP version 0.1.68+ required, 0.1.72+ recommended
- Removed S2 and Club versions to ease development, for now
- New CSP Extended Physics heating for tires
- New CSP Extended Physics tire features for slip, self aligning torque, camber etc.
- New CSP Extended Physics suspension features
- New logic for tire load curves, combined grip
- Re-measured rear geometry yet again
- Changed rear geometry from 5-link to 4-link to alleviate serious binding issue
- Lowered CoG...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Now we just need a good 3D model to go with it. :cry:
I still cannot drive it, it looks too wrong.
GTS has a nice 3D model with some good craftsmanship to it. It just seems like nobody wants to port it and model standard gauges for it for a replacement mesh of a fairly normal example. :unsure:

There does exist the DDM port of the Levin. I forwarded the latest physics to them, perhaps it will become updated.

Initially I was working on my own Levin model, but seeing how accurate the GTS one is, I am more inclined to just make a port to be honest. It is that good work. Apart from one small inaccuracy/oversight with the front fender, with the Levin being a modified Trueno mesh. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

GTS has a nice 3D model with some good craftsmanship to it. It just seems like nobody wants to port it and model standard gauges for it for a replacement mesh of a fairly normal example. :unsure:

There does exist the DDM port of the Levin. I forwarded the latest physics to them, perhaps it will become updated.

Initially I was working on my own Levin model, but seeing how accurate the GTS one is, I am more inclined to just make a port to be honest. It is that good work. Apart from one small inaccuracy/oversight with the front fender, with the Levin being a modified Trueno mesh. Once you see it you can't unsee it.
Even if someone ports over GTS' Levin, we would still be limited to a stock Levin. No racing version, no drift version, and also no Trueno still. :cry:
Still cannot fathom how hard Kunos effed up that car.

Even if someone ports over GTS' Levin, we would still be limited to a stock Levin. No racing version, no drift version, and also no Trueno still. :cry:
Still cannot fathom how hard Kunos effed up that car.
Well, there is a Trueno as well. Obviously any work ontop requires extra effort. Some are doing it, but nobody wants to get me onboard officially and release something, even if I would want to. It's all underground stuff, sadly.

The physics really change impression with a more representational 3D and a sound that does not hurt your ears.

Well, there is a Trueno as well. Obviously any work ontop requires extra effort. Some are doing it, but nobody wants to get me onboard officially and release something, even if I would want to. It's all underground stuff, sadly.

The physics really change impression with a more representational 3D and a sound that does not hurt your ears.
How can I convince you to continue your own, "at least" to make a good looking racing version out of it? I still remember that amazing rFactor mod, makes me wanna cry.

How can I convince you to continue your own, "at least" to make a good looking racing version out of it? I still remember that amazing rFactor mod, makes me wanna cry.
No chance. I'd rather make a conversion myself and model on top, although I don't think I have time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back