Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Arch, I'm having a blast with all of your physics mods, they all feel great! I've racked up so many miles on Tsukuba alone in the last few days, comparing to old Best Motoring vids.

I'm trying to put some different mods for some of the S1-3 versions to have a little more visual variety, but a lot don't come with LODs (e.g Touge Workshop), and I can't launch them with your changes. I can kind of get around this sometimes, by bringing LODs from the kunos models and re-naming everything, but leads to carpaint/texture mismatch errors that need to be manually forwarded to load. Is there a workaround for this to not need LODs like the original mods don't?

Hey Arch, I'm having a blast with all of your physics mods, they all feel great! I've racked up so many miles on Tsukuba alone in the last few days, comparing to old Best Motoring vids.

I'm trying to put some different mods for some of the S1-3 versions to have a little more visual variety, but a lot don't come with LODs (e.g Touge Workshop), and I can't launch them with your changes. I can kind of get around this sometimes, by bringing LODs from the kunos models and re-naming everything, but leads to carpaint/texture mismatch errors that need to be manually forwarded to load. Is there a workaround for this to not need LODs like the original mods don't?
Hey,

Unpack the cars, probably easiest is with CM. After replacing all the skins, textures and so on with the modded version's, adjust lods.ini in the data folder. It should be something like:

[LOD_0]
FILE=car.kn5
IN=0
OUT=15

[LOD_1]
FILE=car_lod_B.kn5
IN=15
OUT=45

and so on.

Change it to

[LOD_0]
FILE=mod_car.kn5
IN=0
OUT=15

and remove the LODs you don't have and it should work for all I know. The 3D might be mismatched, so you can adjust offset from car.ini.

Hey,

Unpack the cars, probably easiest is with CM. After replacing all the skins, textures and so on with the modded version's, adjust lods.ini in the data folder.

Thanks man! Had to figure out unpacking etc, but got it working with some experimentation. Got the Omori Factory mod working for S3, as well as the easy spec Amemiya for the RX-7 S3!

For anyone reading, the Maxy R34 is a straight drop in (I used it for S2), as it comes with LODs.

Kyuubeey updated R34 GT-R V-spec Scratchmade Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Suspension stroke, ATTESA, setups

25.06.2019 Version 1.70

- Tweaked ATTESA LonG curve
- Tweaked ctrl_awd2.ini filter values
- Corrected bumpstops: I had misinterpreted data
- Adjusted toe geometry slightly
- Corrected rear positive camber setup option
- Corrected S3 vs TA front camber setup
- Removed HICAS from S2
- Adjusted FFB slightly higher
- Added empty.lut

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is this installable if I place the contents into the MODS folder and activate it as per usual via CM?
No, not at all.

I hadn't yet figured out that, of course, obviously, the install is just a JSGME. It won't work. Read the instructions.

Now, there could perhaps be a way to automate it via JSGME, like you can via a batch file, but I'm not sure. All you need to do is copy content and replace, and rename some stuff.

No, not at all.

I hadn't yet figured out that, of course, obviously, the install is just a JSGME. It won't work. Read the instructions.

Now, there could perhaps be a way to automate it via JSGME, like you can via a batch file, but I'm not sure. All you need to do is copy content and replace, and rename some stuff.
Yeah, instructions were a tad confusing. Figured it out though, thanks.

Oops! I knew something felt a little off in the stock R34.

I left the front height wrong, and alignment is off...

Additionally I found more info about rear ARB so I will be uploading those changes later. If it feels a bit tail happy compared to earlier versions, yeah...

Still not quite satisfied and with some data conflicting, I took a look at the front geom. Yeah, some ****ups there too. This car's development sure has been convoluted: but it shouldn't really work at all to begin with with how unconventional and electronic some things are. :roflmao:

Stay tuned for an update to hopefully make it all much better.

Kyuubeey updated R34 GT-R V-spec Scratchmade Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Front geometry, rollbars, ABS

14.08.2019 Version 2.0

- Changed front UCA geometry to correct sizeable mistake
- Changed front UCA Z-coordinate placements a bit more accurate
- Made some sense of ARB rates and ARB motion ratios
- Changed brake bias 1% more forward
- Changed ABS
- Changed negative LonG ATTESA behavior
- Lessened preload in TA front differential

Oh man, never did I think we'd get up to 2.0...

In a perfect world, this'd have been 1.0 :roflmao:

Still not exactly where it should be but I fear we're starting to ask for the impossible here. Perhaps CSP will bring in some ABS or AWD features to bring it closer still.

Whoa, you update this thing so much that every time I take it for a spin there is always something new. And you left the ride height to be adjustable on stock one. Guess it is by mistake.
TBCBiRCHphU.jpg

Whoa, you update this thing so much that every time I take it for a spin there is always something new. And you left the ride height to be adjustable on stock one. Guess it is by mistake.
TBCBiRCHphU.jpg
Damnit! Always something small like this. I even made a note to not forget it. :roflmao:

I'll delete current 2.0 and re-upload under 2.0 guise. Oops! Thanks.

Yeah this car has been my baby from the start, ever since I started it as a mod way back. Due to all the AWD **** and how convoluted the data is, it's been a bit difficult. However this 2.0 is starting to be good enough to let it be and not feel too bad.

Front geometry, rollbars, ABS

14.08.2019 Version 2.0

- Changed front UCA geometry to correct sizeable mistake
- Changed front UCA Z-coordinate placements a bit more accurate
- Made some sense of ARB rates and ARB motion ratios
- Changed brake bias 1% more forward
- Changed ABS
- Changed negative LonG ATTESA behavior
- Lessened preload in TA front differential

Status
Not open for further replies.