Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
if only game devs could put this much work into the physics of every car in a particular game. imagine forza with its hundreds of cars all being correct to this level. what a monumental task that would be. all this makes me wonder how much is wrong with all the other AC cars...
Good mods with data to back them up are just about always gonna be more accurate than official content. KS doesn't care nor do they have enough time to put into cars to get them even mostly right. I've used more time than I can admit and do care quite a lot about just this particular series of cars: so of course it will be better.

I for one would have preferred something more akin to the early approach, where they focus on a select few cars and get them to a high level instead of trying to develop 200 cars. That's how I work nowadays. It seems to also be how Reiza is doing it. Making high level physics for 100+ cars in the span of a few years, by yourself, EVEN if you have the cars available for yourself to go and dyno and measure, is really a task. Without OEM examples in front of you, and lack of good data, it becomes impossible.

As a consequence, I haven't driven an official KS car, at least for longer than a lap or so, for probably, I dunno, 2 years? It's all been WIP and some select few mods...

If only they had chosen to include only a few cars and work them to a high level. I'd still be driving some of them I bet. That seems to be the idea behind AC:C, in fact.

Ok, as promised, here are some issues and observations.
Automatic throttle blip seems insufficient (I don't have h-pattern shifter or clutch pedal). After the automatic throttle input you can hear revs rising by the clutch slippage. Wouldn't be a problem but in conjunction with tendency to dive under braking car seems unstable on the corner entry or even in straight line braking.
That would be the only real issue. Further reports will concern more of my expectations how the car should behave so I realise they probably won't be very relevent ;) Let's call them observations.
Sticking to stability under braking, even without downshifting car has a tendency to swap ends on corner entries. You really have to be very careful while trail braking. In some cases I actually find it pretty helpful when it comes to sliding the car ;) Maybe it is just how it's supposed to be. I don't know.
Here is a more annoying one, still might be just my whim. While the car behaves great in slow to mid speed corners I find it pretty loose and unstable on high speed stuff. It's tendency to yaw which is basically one of my favourite car trades at this moment just becomes a bit to much in latter case.
I know this car has something called active yaw control. Don't know anything about it though :) I'm just wondering if it has something to do with it.
And the last one, possibly the most irrelevent, the car seems to be very prone to snap oversteer when the camber of the corner becomes negative. Seems to be a thing on most cars, which is understandable, but even more so in this one. This point can be a straight-up nosense. If so, please ignore it.

I'll look into the throttle blip. I haven't really tested it out myself. I added it in from a request some time ago and didn't take another look.

The car has an open diff on coast, and although the suspension is more correct now, it's almost completely geared to make the car oversteer. I observed a lot of countersteering when beginning to brake in video footage of the real car, so it seems like it would indeed do a 180 if you don't correct it.

Overall my impression was that it's a little wobbly on brakes, like here on 34:45:

The aero bias is more forward than the 33 and especially the 32 (It's still a net-load in the rear, which tends towards understeer) so it should be a little more neutral at high speed. I don't suggest running anything other than maximum angle wing: the low wing angles are mainly for mileage and look. Perhaps I should default it to 30deg...
The wing is roughly as strong as the R32 and R33 wing when at maximum angle, and considering there is far more front downforce than in the R32 or R33, I think you should run the wing at max angle.

It's actually closer to a passive yaw control because the A-LSD, HICAS and ATTESA do not communicate properly between each other, so it might produce some unwanted movements. Indeed the systems attempt to contribute towards a yaw moment under throttle. In fact in the N1 Taikyuu R34 racecar, the HICAS was disconnected and the control interfaces for the HICAS were re-routed into the A-LSD and the programming was re-written for the A-LSD to take advantage of things such as steering angle/acceleration/velocity and also the car's yaw angle/acceleration. The base V-spec does not, it just has the typical G and slip control.

I'm not saying my car's perfect but I think it's *mostly* there as is. There are indeed some real design flaws, if you may, present. If you want a more stable car, the R33 might be coming out relatively soon. ;)

The mod seems broken for me?

The game crashes when it attempts to load any variant of the car. I tried installing it multiple times exactly following the instructions every time - nothing. Neither stock kunos r34 nor any other car works. Extracting both data files and pasting it over kunos files also didn't do anything.

Earlier version worked flawlessly.

The mod seems broken for me?

The game crashes when it attempts to load any variant of the car. I tried installing it multiple times exactly following the instructions every time - nothing. Neither stock kunos r34 nor any other car works. Extracting both data files and pasting it over kunos files also didn't do anything.

Earlier version worked flawlessly.
Anyone else have this issue? I'm not going to update the mod to fix a phantom issue that I can't pinpoint. It's happened once before and I suspected a corrupt .rar because some files had corrupted.

Could you try redownloading the mod entirely and doing the install from 0 again? Thanks.

There's nothing I can do if I don't know WHY this happens. :O_o: Perhaps I will re-install my own winrar for the next update.

I found out what was the problem and honestly I feel silly that I missed it somehow - I just saw the part about the shaders lights patch being required. Enabled it and it works now. Guess I should've read it more carefully than just skip to instructions :laugh:

Yeah, works for me! What I did was I created all the folders, copied the kunos files into them and then I went into the MOD folder in the zip and unzipped the content folder into them. Not sure if that's entirely the way you should do it, but. works every time for me.

Now you've got all the physics sorted, what about the sound? A proper car deserves proper sound, maybe Modek or one of the others could make something for you........

Now you've got all the physics sorted, what about the sound? A proper car deserves proper sound, maybe Modek or one of the others could make something for you........
Yeah, the stock kunos sound is like a vacuum cleaner... I use the bmw 1m sound for now to get that smooth i6 sound

I was thinking of the tyre squeal, the stock Kunos sample is too loud and if I waggle the steering with my controller stick it sounds like someone cleaning a window!

Kyuubeey updated R34 GT-R V-spec Scratchmade Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

S3 content update, physics changes

19.05.2019 Version 1.50

• Suspension changes
- Corrected stroke ranges
- New damper design for S3
• Tire changes
- Misc changes to slip behavior
• Engine changes
- New engine design for S3
• Electronics changes
- Remapped ATTESA lock curve slightly
• Aero changes
- New sensitivity for chassis surfaces
- Rear wing angle defaults to 30
• Other
- UI rear ride height closer to real
- Misc changes to drivetrain, engine
- Adjusted inertia length lower

Read the rest of this update entry...

Unsurprisingly I really like this new update. Car seems a bit more stable in high speed stuff. Transition into oversteer is much more progressive now.
Unfortunately the issue with insufficient throttle blip still seems to be a thing. It makes it a bit hard to drive smoothly when using paddles. It makes the tail step out far too often. Sometimes it even locks the rears for a moment. Nsx used to suffer from the same thing. It has finally been solved in the last update. And it honestly transforms the driving experience for people who don’t have a proper h-pattern shifter and 3 pedals.
Apart from that the s3 variant is severely underbraked. I realise it’s surely by design. I’m not sure if the actual brakes or stock tire sizes are to blame. If it’s the latter maybe it would be good to make them wider/stickier phisics-wise?
Just a suggestion.
Power delivery in this variant is obviously light years ahead now. I’m having so much fun with this :D
Now I need to find a proper sound mod and we might have perfection.

Unsurprisingly I really like this new update. Car seems a bit more stable in high speed stuff. Transition into oversteer is much more progressive now.
Unfortunately the issue with insufficient throttle blip still seems to be a thing. It makes it a bit hard to drive smoothly when using paddles. It makes the tail step out far too often. Sometimes it even locks the rears for a moment. Nsx used to suffer from the same thing. It has finally been solved in the last update. And it honestly transforms the driving experience for people who don’t have a proper h-pattern shifter and 3 pedals.
Apart from that the s3 variant is severely underbraked. I realise it’s surely by design. I’m not sure if the actual brakes or stock tire sizes are to blame. If it’s the latter maybe it would be good to make them wider/stickier phisics-wise?
Just a suggestion.
Power delivery in this variant is obviously light years ahead. I’m having so much fun with this now :D

I'd forgot about checking the autoclutch and blip settings and so on. If you wish, you're free to open the data and make an adjustment yourself, then send it to me, and perhaps it will reach a new update sooner than if I'd do it myself. Right now I've got my hands full, you see. If you provide an adjustment, I'll release a 1.50b with it fixed. :thumbsup:

Braking potential is more or less ABS and tire limited. I like it being a bit underbraked: it's different from most cars. It'd improve if it was stripped out and had a big wing, but it's not.

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I’ll be away for next few weeks and fairly busy. I could look into it but there is no way i can test it without my rig. I’d love to contribute but I just can’t find the way right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes