Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Tires, inertia, aero yaw, misc changes

27.02.2021 Version 2.8

- Tire changes, standardization
- Changes to tire heating and luts
- Rescaled inertia box to better data and estimations
- More accurate yaw drag from new data model
- Minor changes
- Removed VAO patch from install due to worsening of visual quality; ilja pls fix
- Changed configs to ext_config

Read the rest of this update entry...

I’m warming up to post-2.7 updates since the car has become radically different.
One thing still keeps me unsure though.
Why does ATTESA transfer so little power to the front on the launch? It almost feels rwd doing massive burnouts every time. Isn’t it supposed to be somewhat ‘smarter’?

I’m warming up to post-2.7 updates since the car has become radically different.
One thing still keeps me unsure though.
Why does ATTESA transfer so little power to the front on the launch? It almost feels rwd doing massive burnouts every time. Isn’t it supposed to be somewhat ‘smarter’?
It tries to transfer half of the torque, but it's limited by the center diff. I don't have hard data on what torque amount they start slipping at, but it's nowhere *near* half.

I have it at 600nm atm. It's a viscous so that is already incredibly tight in practice. Maybe the GT-R viscous center is somehow much tighter than standard viscous units; not impossible. I've considered it but there are many factors which play into it, like launches from a standstill just not having enough grip in any sim to begin with. Probably something to do with low speed physics and lack of longitudinal tire flex.

Just to get an idea:

3.827 x 3.545 x 390 = 5291.01885

50% is 2645.509425. The center can lock 600. 600 / 5291.01885 = 0.11339970939

So you only really get about 1/5 of the transfer request in 1st gear at peak torque. It is mostly RWD. That's why GT-R's can drift in 2nd as well, and they don't just immediately go to 50/50 when the rear lets go. 36.7% is the maximum transfer in 2nd gear at peak torque.

It tries to transfer half of the torque, but it's limited by the center diff. I don't have hard data on what torque amount they start slipping at, but it's nowhere *near* half.

I have it at 600nm atm. It's a viscous so that is already incredibly tight in practice. Maybe the GT-R viscous center is somehow much tighter than standard viscous units; not impossible. I've considered it but there are many factors which play into it, like launches from a standstill just not having enough grip in any sim to begin with. Probably something to do with low speed physics and lack of longitudinal tire flex.

Just to get an idea:

3.827 x 3.545 x 390 = 5291.01885

50% is 2645.509425. The center can lock 600. 600 / 5291.01885 = 0.11339970939

So you only really get about 1/5 of the transfer request in 1st gear at peak torque. It is mostly RWD. That's why GT-R's can drift in 2nd as well, and they don't just immediately go to 50/50 when the rear lets go. 36.7% is the maximum transfer in 2nd gear at peak torque.
Sure, it does drift very nicely now. Which seems believable just by looking on some rl footage. You can really perform continuous skids without the car trying to straighten up itself almost immediately.
But I’ve once read somewhere that attesa’s behaviour is linked to the steering lock. So presumably it applies more torque to the front when the steering is straight on, right? I’m just guessing.
It just feels like now the car’s 4wd system has a very narrow operating window. Only giving advantage when the corner and the heat in the tires is right. Then it’s magic.

Sure, it does drift very nicely now. Which seems believable just by looking on some rl footage. You can really perform continuous skids without the car trying to straighten up itself almost immediately.
But I’ve once read somewhere that attesa’s behaviour is linked to the steering lock. So presumably it applies more torque to the front when the steering is straight on, right? I’m just guessing.
It just feels like now the car’s 4wd system has a very narrow operating window. Only giving advantage when the corner and the heat in the tires is right. Then it’s magic.
That's a myth that came probably from the Super Taikyu R34's that linked steering to the A-LSD.

Nowhere in the patents or whitepapers are there any mentions of a steering linked AWD system, nor does ATTESA have any inputs for steering position.

Did you really have to spam half of my cars with dumb questions that you can find the answer to by reading the release page?
i just so happen to download them all at the same time, sorry if i came out as annoying. Either way i asked because i can only find the files for a single R34.

Last edited:
Hi there, I have run into some installation issues that I can't seem to figure out. I have followed the installation instructions (multiple times), including for other Arch physics replacements, but am getting the following errors when selecting just this car in CM. Any help greatly appreciated and sorry if I missed a solution for this elsewhere on the thread.
Arch_R34_errors.JPG

Hi there, I have run into some installation issues that I can't seem to figure out. I have followed the installation instructions (multiple times), including for other Arch physics replacements, but am getting the following errors when selecting just this car in CM. Any help greatly appreciated and sorry if I missed a solution for this elsewhere on the thread.View attachment 477339
Pay more care to what folder you install and so on. I don't get any of those.

Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Get it while you can

31.05.2021 Version 2.9 Get it while you can

- Adjusted inertia (AC uses sprung input) thanks @JPG_18
- Implemented EX=2 to suspension, changed EX=0 variant to EX=2 !!USE CSP 0.1.74+!!
- Remade front and rear suspension geometry from better measurements
- Acquired more accurate motion ratios
- Acquired more accurate stroke ranges
- ATTESA/HICAS changes
- Changed many stabilizer specs
- Tire changes
- Other minor changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?