Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) Mazda RX-7 FD3S Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not working for me. It just returns back to menu. What might be the reason? I created the folders, copied original RX7 files there and then overwrote them with yours.

Thanks but I think you have the power curves wrong. Car is slower than kunos due to this.
Here's a stock FD graph (similar to kunos) and if you look at yours it has a steep drop in HP after 7k, but these engines usually top out around 8k and drop after that. (like kunos rx-7 graph which is correct). What might be better to do is use the kunos power.lut and modify the boost to get your HP goal. I'm still confused in my own engine tuning whats the difference between using a wastegate limit vs a normal limit. It's essentially the same?

If you want me to help make a power.lut, just private message me. Im all about these older cars!

The bottom graph was done in 4th, 130 is around 7700 rpm FYI
373028d1263775494-dyno-power-curve-bone-stock-fd-dynoruns-july-2004.gif

Last edited:
My 2002 used to wheelspin in first when first taking off (as expected) but then break into wheelspin again at 6500rpm in 1st gear. Was running a 3 inch catback though, and K&N pod filter (rest stock).

My 2002 used to wheelspin in first when first taking off (as expected) but then break into wheelspin again at 6500rpm in 1st gear. Was running a 3 inch catback though, and K&N pod filter (rest stock).
That kinda stuff will depend more on tires and especially the road than specifics of the engine at these kind of power levels so it's hard to use as a guide. Besides, the worst tire on any of the cars is basically a high performance summer track tire. You didn't drive around every day on those, did you?

I prefer to use torque curves and metrics. *shrug*

What do you think about the handling overall? Especially the damping when braking for example. The Bilsteins are one thing I don't have a curve for from that exact unit.

Yeah I think the one I posted might have been modded.

Too bad the graph is cutoff at 7k, but I promise you its not that steep a drop past that.
Here's a stock one compared to single turbo... at 7.5k see its not that steep of a drop
476750d1348451644-stock-power-curve-fd_stock_vs_single.jpg

Edit: Here's kunos which is too optimistic , yours freshly installed, and a graph I found that mazda made to compare the previous rotary.
The drop is not as steep as yours or as shallow as kunos. I drew the other side extension to show where it would be approximately equal to (5k rpm power).
rx7dynos.jpg

Please ignore graphics and just focus on the actual number on the graph. Dyno makes about 220 at 7000RPM. I make 222 at 7000RPM. After that the dyno cuts off and the curve transitions to whatever I made up.

Is it possible that the angle is not as steep past 7k? Yeah. I don't have any graphs that show the angle factor at 7.5k+ for a stock engine. I'm open to changing it. Especially after seeing that Mazda (Albeit smoothed and manipulated) graph.

One way is to compare to video footage and see if the acceleration is greatly negatively affected compared to IRL past 7k to redline. If it is, chances are the power dropoff is almost linear past 7k then. It might still be making actual power at even 9k, although not much at all. I don't think mine is making power at 9k.

I'll note it down and see if it needs changing.

Oh yeah 9k is dead by then... but 8k I dont think its making the same hp as 4k Thanks because I was wondering why it was slower than kunos despite handling more consistently.
Too bad epa killed this motor... but I heard even the rx8 was problematic with the seals, so maybe they never really developed it better.

I think *theoretically* it'd still make *some* power at 9k, although it'd have exploded by then in reality. From looking at Mazda's graphs, it seems like it'd make alright power still at 8k even, although not much compared to 6k. At least, more than what I had it making. Otherwise the curve doesn't make sense.

Kunos car is faster because it has too much power to begin with.

Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) Mazda RX-7 FD3S Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

More setup, different setup

31.05.2019 Version 1.3

- S3 folder name changed from "arch_mazda_fd3s_2002_s3" to "arch_mazda_fd3s_1999_s3"
- Adjusted sequential turbo minimum pressure based on better reference
- Added turbo adjustability to S3
- Added larger rear spring range to S3
- Added more precise ARB adjustment to S3
- Added one more step to S3 LSD adjustment
- S3 tire size changed from 235/255 to 255/255
- S3 standard rear toe per side increased
- S3 standard rear ARB increased
- S3 offset changed from ET50 to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.