Custom Miscellaneous Sound Pack by IMrIMike

Sounds Custom Miscellaneous Sound Pack by IMrIMike 1.21

Login or Register an account to download this content
IMrIMike submitted a new resource:

Custom Miscellaneous Sound Pack by IMrIMike - Alternative common bank with all new sound files

Custom Miscellaneous Sound Pack by IMrIMike.

Will affect all cars. Alternative common bank featuring new custom, high quality samples for the following events:

- Ambience (only works on tracks that actually use ambient sounds)
- Dirt (will take a while to shake off all the gravel, stones and marbles out of the wheel arches etc. you picked up after going off track or ending up in the gravel trap)
- Extraturf (better known as Astroturf)
- Grass
- Gravel
- various collision samples...

Read more about this resource...

Hi man, great work, everything sounds more clean and realistic, btw do you know a way to increase Kerbs volume? I would like to have a more "iRacingish" experience.

Thanks, appreciate it. Try to increase the audio level for "surfaces" in the audio app, obviously that´ll increase everything else too but see how that works for you. If it doesnt, shoot me a PM :)

Thanks, appreciate it. Try to increase the audio level for "surfaces" in the audio app, obviously that´ll increase everything else too but see how that works for you. If it doesnt, shoot me a PM :)

I put the settings to 10 for the surface sounds! Its not enough strong for me. :(

I am using oculus rift earphones. I can't understand why nobody did what you've done before? Its a must lol.
In ACC or Iracing the sound of kerbs is more intense. Is that possible to do different kerbs sounds for different kerbs model?

Last edited:
I am using oculus rift earphones. I can't understand why nobody did what you've done before? Its a :thumbsup:must lol.

Thank you. Not the easiest or most convenient samples to find and create, and I suppose there´s very few people that actually do care about these little details. Audio in general is more of a niche I feel like.

I put the settings to 10 for the surface sounds! Its not enough strong for me. :(

In ACC or Iracing the sound of kerbs is more intense. Is that possible to do different kerbs sounds for different kerbs model?

Gotcha, will be adding a version with louder kerbs in the next update then.
Unfortunately the audio event is very limited, but what I might try is add random ptch and volume modulators for some variety.

This is a godsend mate, thanks. Do you have any recommended audio settings for the most realistic experience?

I´m not 100% sure as my last clean AC install was ages ago, but these should be stock volume settings.

ce94e6300bf35c7b27dd249505f23048.png

I´m using these, apart from Dirt turned down to 5. But whatever you prefer personally, there´s not really a right or wrong.

Awesome! do you think there's maybe a way to include some rolling sound in the game? i mean the low pitched rolling sound produced by the contact of the wheel and the asphalt.. as some GT games have for example.. I always thought AC lacks this sound that helps so much with immersion and speed sense in my opinion.
Awesome work!, thanks!

Awesome! do you think there's maybe a way to include some rolling sound in the game? i mean the low pitched rolling sound produced by the contact of the wheel and the asphalt.. as some GT games have for example.. I always thought AC lacks this sound that helps so much with immersion and speed sense in my opinion.
Awesome work!, thanks!

Interesting idea. It certainly is possible, tyre roll sounds are usually car specific though. Might interfere with already existing rolliing sounds. I added them to some of my cars, and engine and wind noise usually overpowers them. Will give it a shot though :)

Awesome work!, thanks!
I thought that was a thing already wasn’t it? Isn’t that what the surfaces setting is for?

Loud enough? Can´t really bump it up more, otherwise it will just over-compress the engine sound (which it kinda does already, might have to turn it down just a notch, need to check with more cars though).

I wish I could add a more halled effect for closed cars and a more dampened, flat one for open wheel cars, but it has to be a compromise between those two. Not much to play with sadly.

Also took a look into the tyre roll sounds, will have to drop that one I´m afraid, not working as intended.

Wow I think it is a good level!
I think that the sound is a litle bit to much louder. Can you make it a higher pitch ?
I'll max out the volume for now, once you go in game you can always turn it down to whatever suits you. This will also leave the option open for guys that prefer louder kerbs, so adjust to your liking. Pitch is another thing, I think it's fairly balanced right now. The thing is that it shouldn't be too high at lower speeds (sounds just weird) but the pitch increase with the speed shouldn't be too significant and noticable either.

IMrIMike updated Custom Miscellaneous Sound Pack by IMrIMike with a new update entry:

Volume fixes for kerb, gravel and crash sounds

Version 1.1 contains volume fixes for various events, especially for kerbs as per several requests. Also tweaked how the car initally interacts with the kerb, added a slight pitch curve for more variation.
Updated dirt sounds with tweaked EQ, should sound more like stones hitting a carbon tub now.
Increased volume of crash sounds.

Sound previews of tweaked kerb & gravel volumes:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Mike, thanks for all of your works.. I like this new sounds but i have noticed one thing.. Is it possible that this modified miscellaneous sounds, modifying even the sound of gear change in all the cars?? I notice a much more strong sound of gear change and a little less noise of the motors. Its a shame because now my favorite sounding car (Lamborghini GT1) have now a different sound, the gear change is much louder then engine notes

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.