Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

General Custom driver models and problems converting to .kn5?

So I've been trying to convert an .fbx of a custom driver model to .kn5, but with no luck, even with every (supposed) method that I have tried so far. The lack of custom drivers (that can be used as examples) that people have made means that there is not really a clear or illustrated way to do this (unlike cars and tracks,) so I'm not quite sure exactly what to do. The problems I've had with each method are:

KS editor: crashes every time I try to load in the .fbx. The textures are not particularly large (2048x2048), so I'm not sure what's causing the crashes.

3DSimED: I can't see the .fbx file when trying to import a model (in the file explorer)

A kn5 exporter that I found for blender: Add-on does not work due to 'Blender 2.8x required.' I have run this on both Blender 2.8.0 and 2.9, but the error is still there.

At this point I'm not quite sure what else to do - I just can't find a working way to convert it to a .kn5 file. I appreciate any help or advice.

Stereo

Premium
Solutions
There's no known way to do it from Blender, all the official ones were done from 3ds max, and in general any skinned meshes (animated with bones) are from max.