Cube Controls Formula CSX2 (RD OWNERS CLUB)

Hello!

I just recently Purchased a CC Formula CSX2 wheel and I am so happy with my purchase I thought we might as well have a dedicated owners club thread for the wheel where we can share our experiences together also any technical or teething problems also share our settings and dashboards with the community!

Cube Controls Logo

inside formula esports steering wheels

The Classic USB connection is designed for the high achievers as it enables high-demanding electronics. Connect them and be ready to go.
For the demanding drivers.[/LIST]​

Last edited:
Hi Scott, i have been eyeing up the Cube Controls GTX so keen to know how you have found it so far?
Hi,
Tbh I bought this CSX2 then I think a month later bought a PSE GT wheel which I think was a mistake although the quality is exceptional on the PSE wheel I don’t feel it offers anything over the Cube one at all, it’s a one stop shop this CSX2 wheel with all the bells and whistles, if you can afford one I’d grab one personally I like the CSX2 more over the GTX design the grips on the formula wheel last a lifetime I think with no wear that GTX one will wear fast :)

Upvote 0
hello there, i have a new csx2 which i have been using for a few days now, went to use it this evening and windows says USD not recognised, could this be a cable problem?, im using the supplied cables
Which usb cable do you have?
Originally cube controls supplied a mains powered usb cable which was then replaced with a two to one usb cable due to issues with the mains powered cable.
Both the csx2 and the gtx are sensitive to the usb connection used in my experience, the best connection I have found is to use the two to one connection directly to the pc with no extension.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
Tbh I bought this CSX2 then I think a month later bought a PSE GT wheel which I think was a mistake although the quality is exceptional on the PSE wheel I don’t feel it offers anything over the Cube one at all, it’s a one stop shop this CSX2 wheel with all the bells and whistles, if you can afford one I’d grab one personally I like the CSX2 more over the GTX design the grips on the formula wheel last a lifetime I think with no wear that GTX one will wear fast :)
I also have the PSE GT1 (solid wheel) but like the range of buttons on the GTX interesting comment re the wear on the GTX- will have to think about that. Thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
I also have the PSE GT1 (solid wheel) but like the range of buttons on the GTX interesting comment re the wear on the GTX- will have to think about that. Thanks for the feedback
I cannot speak for long term wear and the csx2 surely has to wear better long term, but owning other alcantara wheels a regime of brushing and care keeps them looking great and is certainly achievable.
Having owned similar shaped wheels to the GTX, in my opinion the GTX is by far my favourite. I would buy it again.

Upvote 0
I cannot speak for long term wear and the csx2 surely has to wear better long term, but owning other alcantara wheels a regime of brushing and care keeps them looking great and is certainly achievable.
Having owned similar shaped wheels to the GTX, in my opinion the GTX is by far my favourite. I would buy it again.
Id get one but dont think it offers much over the wheels I have currently I wished id have waited and got it instead of the PSE GT wheel I like the higher display of it,
this CSX2 is probably the best wheel to buy "if for example you are sat in a formula position"
My GT style seating position to actually look at the display info im having to take my eyes away from the screen and look down at the wheel the GTX offers a higher display making it better to see,
I do own a PSE DDU but when I mount it its blocking my screen and when working at my pc like 95% of the time its so distracting so removed it sadly but that position was mm perfect to see all the info so probably the best wheel to get if not sat in a formula seating position would be the GTX id say

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I think the CSX2 lends itself better to both rolls, open wheel/GT3 rather than the GTX If only buying one wheel.
I get the point though with wear, you have to be on point to stop the flat spots appearing on the alcantara even with gloves on.

Upvote 0
one more question - I saw a couple of reviews that highlighted the slight flex with the GTX - whats your experience with that? Is it noticeable as I am quite heavy-handed and use the SC2 with high FFB :cool:

Upvote 0
one more question - I saw a couple of reviews that highlighted the slight flex with the GTX - whats your experience with that? Is it noticeable as I am quite heavy-handed and use the SC2 with high FFB :cool:
I use an SC2 ultimate and I like a strong ffb.
I can’t say that I have noticed any flex at all and this is the first I have heard it mentioned, in fact I find it rather surprising as i would describe the wheel as solid.

Upvote 0
I use an SC2 ultimate and I like a strong ffb.
I can’t say that I have noticed any flex at all and this is the first I have heard it mentioned, in fact I find it rather surprising as i would describe the wheel as solid.
there are a few reviews on uTube that mention it, -Boosted Media and SimRacing Garage can't remember which one but that's where I heard it has a little flex but not that noticeable.

Upvote 0
Anyone else out there own both a CSX2 and the new GT-X?

I am having a small issue after receiving the GT-X, as now both the
UGT software as well as SimHub label all of the input on my CSX2
as coming from the GT-X. This poses issues when the button numbering doesn't
line up and settings SimHub or UGT changes on one forces the button
selection on the other, i.e.: Setting one rotary nob to swap dash pages on the GT-X might set half a rotary knob and a nearby button to do the same on the CSX2. Very frustrating. For what it's worth, the UGT software does see
the wheel as a CSX2 in the drop down controllers menu, but any attempt
to map a button results in a button labeled "GT-X Button XX"

I emailed Cube Controls about the issue, but they just told me, "Not our problem, that's a software issue. Good luck." I am continuing to try things and already emailed Ultimate Game Tech (now under new ownership it looks like?), but curious if anyone else is seeing the same.

Thanks for the help!
Brandon

EDIT: Prior to this the CSX2 button inputs did show as "CSX2 Button XX" in both UGT and SimHub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone else out there own both a CSX2 and the new GT-X?

I am having a small issue after receiving the GT-X, as now both the
UGT software as well as SimHub label all of the input on my CSX2
as coming from the GT-X. This poses issues when the button numbering doesn't
line up and settings SimHub or UGT changes on one forces the button
selection on the other, i.e.: Setting one rotary nob to swap dash pages on the GT-X might set half a rotary knob and a nearby button to do the same on the CSX2. Very frustrating. For what it's worth, the UGT software does see
the wheel as a CSX2 in the drop down controllers menu, but any attempt
to map a button results in a button labeled "GT-X Button XX"

I emailed Cube Controls about the issue, but they just told me, "Not our problem, that's a software issue. Good luck." I am continuing to try things and already emailed Ultimate Game Tech (now under new ownership it looks like?), but curious if anyone else is seeing the same.

Thanks for the help!
Brandon

EDIT: Prior to this the CSX2 button inputs did show as "CSX2 Button XX" in both UGT and SimHub
Not sure what to suggest although I never used Simhub on mine the game tech software seems to work fine with just the one wheel

Upvote 0
Not sure what to suggest although I never used Simhub on mine the game tech software seems to work fine with just the one wheel

I am using sim hub to power a separate dash and the wheel rotaries to flip between pages:
image.png

The UGT display I just have on a static layout (at least until I can figure out the mapping issue)

EDIT: The UGT display does not function with SimHub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am using sim hub to power a separate dash and the wheel rotaries to flip between pages: View attachment 438320
The UGT display I just have on a static layout (at least until I can figure out the mapping issue)

EDIT: The UGT display does not function with SimHub
All that can be done with the UGT software I never had 1 problem with it all the switches and rotaries all work perfectly + the pages,
It’s best not to overload or complicate the system it’s quite advanced software they provide as it is. :)

Upvote 0
All that can be done with the UGT software I never had 1 problem with it all the switches and rotaries all work perfectly + the pages,
It’s best not to overload or complicate the system it’s quite advanced software they provide as it is. :)
The rotaries on the wheel flip through pages on the SimHub dash. The issue is both the CSX2 and the GT-X inputs register in both UGT and SimHub at GT-X button presses. Meaning setting the input for the CSX2 also maps a different switch on the GT-X for the same effect, i.e.: swapping pages on either dash.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back