Cube Controls Formula CSX2 (RD OWNERS CLUB)

Hello!

I just recently Purchased a CC Formula CSX2 wheel and I am so happy with my purchase I thought we might as well have a dedicated owners club thread for the wheel where we can share our experiences together also any technical or teething problems also share our settings and dashboards with the community!

Cube Controls Logo

inside formula esports steering wheels

The Classic USB connection is designed for the high achievers as it enables high-demanding electronics. Connect them and be ready to go.
For the demanding drivers.[/LIST]​

Last edited:
Proud new owner here and my CSX2 and HE Ultimate pedals just showed up yesterday and paired them with my new SC2 Pro. These products are not plug and play at all a new wow what a nightmare its been getting everything installed/calibrated and working correctly. Currently my UGT software isn‘t functioning at all and the wheel display is just frozen with all they lights on and the SC Logo but the UGT Manager stops responding immediately when I open it. Does anyone have any info on the UGT issues?

Upvote 0
Proud new owner here and my CSX2 and HE Ultimate pedals just showed up yesterday and paired them with my new SC2 Pro. These products are not plug and play at all a new wow what a nightmare its been getting everything installed/calibrated and working correctly. Currently my UGT software isn‘t functioning at all and the wheel display is just frozen with all they lights on and the SC Logo but the UGT Manager stops responding immediately when I open it. Does anyone have any info on the UGT issues?
I never had any with the software but did flash the firmware instantly out the box maybe this could be a cause with it, my CSX2 did come with the user manual which I did read over also,
Also make sure all the cables + the power connector is plugged in correctly, also the USB cable only plug directly into your PC not any additional USB hubs and such

Upvote 0
I never had any with the software but did flash the firmware instantly out the box maybe this could be a cause with it, my CSX2 did come with the user manual which I did read over also,
Also make sure all the cables + the power connector is plugged in correctly, also the USB cable only plug directly into your PC not any additional USB hubs and such
Yeah I was thinking it would need a firmware update but it juts sits there with no red lights flashing for Firmware update mode. I sent an email to the Co that makes UGT but I’m gonna mess around with it more. Windows recognizes it and I’ve mapped some buttons to F1 2020 and done some laps but without the display.

Upvote 0
Yeah I was thinking it would need a firmware update but it juts sits there with no red lights flashing for Firmware update mode. I sent an email to the Co that makes UGT but I’m gonna mess around with it more. Windows recognizes it and I’ve mapped some buttons to F1 2020 and done some laps but without the display.
Never had this issue but never used it with F1 games just sims,
I just sent mine back for repair yesterday the button is broken got cracked but the customer service is outstanding!

Upvote 0
Never had this issue but never used it with F1 games just sims,
I just sent mine back for repair yesterday the button is broken got cracked but the customer service is outstanding!
Well that’s good to know about the CS because it’s a great product and hopefully I never have any hardware issues.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Well that’s good to know about the CS because it’s a great product and hopefully I never have any hardware issues.
Try and unplug everything, switch your PC off completely wait a few minutes then restart your pc and all controls and settings hopefully should see some display, mine always worked never saw it not working even before my firmware update but I always keep it upto date the app + firmware

Upvote 0
Can someone explain how i use the bottom two rotary switches on the csx2 (the 3d printed switches that have 8 positions? i use ACC and iracing but not sure what they are meant to be used for? left one is labelled SCRL and right one MENU. What are they for or what can they be used for?

Upvote 0
Using it for AC, just one question tried the driver name and other things screen. UGT
Expected it to show me just that in the sim, my first lap against AI shows panels as NA.
Am I doing something silly?

Upvote 0
Ok well I’m still not up and running yet and I’ve been in contact with both Cube Controls and Asetek who makes the UGT Software and I cant get the display running at all. All the led lights are on named the display shows the Cube Controls logo but it juse hangs there. The UGT software stops responding immediately when I open it and the beta version opens and detects the wheel but shows no device ID or Firmnware version. This is really frustrating.

AD65CDA0-98D2-4134-A32A-A119C9BB115F.jpeg

B2DCA45C-235A-4B6F-B14F-C3075301E55A.jpeg

Attachments

• 4E994DA5-DFAB-4769-A916-B152BA1317D0.jpeg
    4E994DA5-DFAB-4769-A916-B152BA1317D0.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok well I’m still not up and running yet and I’ve been in contact with both Cube Controls and Asetek who makes the UGT Software and I cant get the display running at all. All the led lights are on named the display shows the Cube Controls logo but it juse hangs there. The UGT software stops responding immediately when I open it and the beta version opens and detects the wheel but shows no device ID or Firmnware version. This is really frustrating.

View attachment 469314
View attachment 469317
I really wish I could help with it a few weeks ago I accidentally somehow broke my top left button it just all cracked I never noticed it at the time was the next time I come to use it when it became apparent the issues,
Andrea from Cube Controls I spoke to them once they issued me a return RMA ticket to repair it so sadly its still away so can not assist with it on my end the fault finding but the customer service is of the highest quality you can get from my own experience,

Main thing at this stage I would so is of the following
do you have a laptop or another pc somewhere ?
I say this its basically just a USB device
so installing the software UGT + connecting the wheel again will confirm that the issues is not related to any hardware or configuration settings on you own pc this will be one of the best things at this stage you could do,

secondly it could be related to the ports maybe on your pc
turn off all the anti virus if it exists and look for the UGT software in windows defender and allow the software to pass through the firewall could be something as simple as the firewall is blocking the software,

update all the firmware again from scratch also try USB 2.0 and 3.0 Ports into the PC directly or the extension hubs,

if you can do all this with 0 success at all I would simply suggest to write down in a email all the fault finding + the second PC/Laptop you used and ask for a RMA return to see what is happening with it.

for example I have mine here for some reason if its not setup correctly the ports it could be blocking the signal to the display its something id check over

Last edited:
Upvote 0

View attachment 469314
View attachment 469317
id drop this like COVID also lol
dont use betas of nothing unless you have to
dbc7ca39f05c84026e85a46432ec0027.png

Upvote 0
OK I had defender turned off completely and UGT was in the lits of allowed connections. I think the problem is the firmware and Asetek won’t email me the firmware update without the device ID and I cant get that because the non beta version of their software stops responding immediately when I open it. In one of those pics you can see the wheel is detected ano there’s no Firmware version thats what I think the problem is.

Upvote 0
OK I had defender turned off completely and UGT was in the lits of allowed connections. I think the problem is the firmware and Asetek won’t email me the firmware update without the device ID and I cant get that because the non beta version of their software stops responding immediately when I open it. In one of those pics you can see the wheel is detected ano there’s no Firmware version thats what I think the problem is.
Yes please uninstall all the software lol
UGT manager, go inside the documents folders delete anything there also inside programme files and make sure after its uninstalled that there is 0 traces left, then simply download the correct version of the software a non beta version, this be where all the issues are

Upvote 0
Yes please uninstall all the software lol
UGT manager, go inside the documents folders delete anything there also inside programme files and make sure after its uninstalled that there is 0 traces left, then simply download the correct version of the software a non beta version, this be where all the issues are
I tried that initially (non beta) and the software stopped responding immediately when I opened it. I unistalled the beta and restarted machine and loaded the non beta version and it just stops responding immediately not sure what’s up.

BBF85AED-32C5-4C2F-84C5-58677C61DC8E.jpeg

Upvote 0
I tried that initially (non beta) and the software stopped responding immediately when I opened it. I unistalled the beta and restarted machine and loaded the non beta version and it just stops responding immediately not sure what’s up.

View attachment 469349
I saw that you had messaged me regarding this. I really don’t have anything to add, CC has given good advice.
I would certainly try all of the combinations of removing usb extensions and plugging in the wheel directly to the pc using each different type of USB port (usb 3, 2).
Next use a seperate pc and do the same. Stick to the non beta software.
Cube Controls customer support is very good, but it takes patience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UPDATE:
Issue fixed and apparently it was an issue with a controller emulator software ReWasd that I used for my Controller Pad that I no longer use. I uninstalled ReWasd and UGT fired right up and I’m good to go.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back