CSW V2 base problem

Sorry boys I know where you are all coming from I spent $2000 on Fanatec V2 Base and V3 pedals + F1 rim worked like a dream for 2 days when the motor died wouldn't power up at all.
I requested an immediate refund, completely ignored me for 2 weeks so I put in a claim with Citibank Platinum got my money back within the hour of claiming. Took Citibank 3 1/2 months before they received a reply from Fanatec. This was Jan 7 2016 case has just been completely settled in my favour 2 weeks ago. When dealing with Fanatec buy with protected credit card or similar.
I have just bought a T500Rs and put a 85 watt upgraded motor from Buhler in it. Man what a difference this is absolutely the best for price system out there the feel is completely different from the original can feel slip in rear way earlier and front lock up and still comes out $760 cheaper than Fanatec rubbish.

Upvote 0
Sorry boys I know where you are all coming from I spent $2000 on Fanatec V2 Base and V3 pedals + F1 rim worked like a dream for 2 days when the motor died wouldn't power up at all.
I requested an immediate refund, completely ignored me for 2 weeks so I put in a claim with Citibank Platinum got my money back within the hour of claiming. Took Citibank 3 1/2 months before they received a reply from Fanatec. This was Jan 7 2016 case has just been completely settled in my favour 2 weeks ago. When dealing with Fanatec buy with protected credit card or similar.
I have just bought a T500Rs and put a 85 watt upgraded motor from Buhler in it. Man what a difference this is absolutely the best for price system out there the feel is completely different from the original can feel slip in rear way earlier and front lock up and still comes out $760 cheaper than Fanatec rubbish.

Dear gmhsv8,

we just have seen your post and would like to clarify this matter.

1. You have definitely not been ignored by us. You confirmed by your own that the first message was sent on 10th January 2016 to us. This message has not been received due to a technical issue. On 13th January we replied to you, at the same day you wrote the second message and also explained why we failed to respond in time to your first message.

2. You have bought three products. Due to a defect, one of those products was replaced by us. We even refunded the shipping cost of those two products which have been sent back to us for no reason and returned them to you.

3. In the same process a PayPal-claim was opened by you and you have received a refund from PayPal since you did not inform the payment service that the defective product has already been exchanged by Fanatec; that means, you have three fully working products and on the other side, you have received back the full amount of purchase. An email, in which we have kindly asked you to send the products back, was ignored so far.

4. Our Australian Department will get in touch with you directly, since we don't find it reasonable to discuss such matters in public, especially with incorrect information provided.

Of course we do also want to clear out the simple fact that you called back the payment and still kept three perfectly working products. There has been no update to this situation since the last 6 weeks. The products have not been paid or returned to us. The request of performing either one of these options has been ignored by you so far. We hope for your reply in order to close and resolve the case without any legal action.

Best Regards,
Fanatec Support

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have just read this post from Fanatec the products all new were indeed sent back to me. But this was also over 8 weeks since I sent the original back complete with all that was sent to me in original boxes and I might add I fully insured them.
I did indeed receive the new (2nd lot) of Fanatec products but on Citibanks advise I did not sign for them and so never took possession of them that is why Fanatec has not taken any legal action at all because they have since been returned to Fanatic by Aus Post. Hope this clears every thing up for you guys, I am not a thief and for Fanatec to suggest such just shows what type of company they are.

Upvote 0
Lol, fanatec has ZERO reason to lie in this situation, being a Big Conglomerate of company, they dont need your $$$ nor do they need to go on the forum and Lie about a particular situation.

You got busted, Own up to it.

Upvote 0
Yes quite right I have copy's of all emails sent and received + the claim wasn't a Pay Pal claim as Fanatec said it was a credit card claim nothing to do with Pay Pal and thank goodness for that.
The second load of rubbish was not signed for and therefore not paid for. So Aust Post returned the items to Fanatec as per their non signed for policy. Oh I didn't bother to insure the second lot of refuse as it wasn't worth any thing, hope this clears every thing up.
Oh and buy the way they are no more a conglomerate than the fish and chip shop down the road they have a small wharehouse in 3 Staley St, California Gully 3556 in Bendigo with no registered phone number in Aust.(Citibank had to find this out).
If Moxley6969 would like to send me his email address I would be glad to send all the info Citibank received to settle this issue. So there is nothing to own up to this is my last post on this matter, Members of this forum should not have to defend themselves against people who do not have all the facts.

Upvote 0
On your last remark:
Then you should not have started posting about it here. That was your choice and yours alone.
You could have kept your dirty laundry in-house. Instead you made it part of this forum.

Upvote 0
OP, you only really have to defend yourself if you for some reason feel the need. If you really haven't done anything wrong, then who cares haha

Upvote 0
You guys sit here and talk about how Fanatec quality control sucks, a dude posts about his problems, and then you all take Fanatec's BS response at face value with no questions? I was excited to find this, since I was one of the lucky few who saw the exchange this guy had and tried to save most of the Fanatec CEO posts before it was deleted. It's very concerning to me that a CEO for such a major company could act the way he did, and then be allowed to have it removed and only a handful of people ever know about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comments/63ipcl/fanatec_ceo_comments_on_iracing_forums/

On, and for the record I have a CSW V2 wheelbase that had problems under warranty, and died just outside of the ONE year warranty in the US (rest of the world gets 2 years for the same product).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol, talk about digging up an old thread, just as an FYI they are legally required to offer 2 years warranty in Europe, so don't blame Fanatec for the US's anti-consumer laws.

Should we all complain that we have to pay more than the US and pretend taxes don't exist too (there are people who do that!).

Upvote 0
It's their attitude. I hardly even used my wheelbase because I was so afraid it was going to break, after I had issues with it during the first year. Support took ages to respond, and left me feeling not confident, and not feeling like waiting 6 weeks and paying for the shipping there was worth it. Then it died, and they want $170 to fix it. The problems I had in warranty were indicative of this common failure as well. Thomas' argument is that support offered to fix it, and I didn't send it in, he can't see the viewpoint that when your support is slow and not reassuring, people won't want to send stuff in. If I have a problem with most any other product I buy, I can start an RMA, and they will send me a new product immediately, or once they receive mine at the worst. You buy pedals, wheels, bases, and shifters, and then one piece breaks you are down for a month or more, how is that good customer service? My problem is that I tried to tell him a lot of this stuff, and have a constructive conversation (unfortunately a ton of these posts were lost when it was deleted), and his attitude was always defensive even when everyone was just trying to explain our frustration from our point of view. I didn't know about the warranty thing until my issue. People talk about Fanatec all over, and the people not in the US usually say one of two things, "My Fanatec stuff has always worked", "I've had a lot of problems but Fanatec fixed it under warranty". The problem is, I bought a lot of Fanatec stuff, as did many others, based off the fact that we knew the stuff had not great QC, but at least Fanatec would support us if something happened. So, the anecdotal evidence out there is that most people get taken care of by Fanatec. If you dig further, you'll see a lot of unhappy US people. It's not because we are more demanding, it's because these wheelbases die between 1 and 2 years, which is great if you're not in the US, horrible if you are. He thinks that EU people don't complain, it's because they are covered under warranty! Also, the turnaround for communication and RMA is measured in hours and days. Communication to the US support usually takes 1-3 days for responses, and RMA 4-6 weeks. I guess all things are fair and Americans just complain...

PS - how many other crazy posts by their CEO, or how many other mistreated customers have had their posts deleted? That's my concern. There is no record of what I linked except for my screengrabs. One account, no biggie right? Would you feel that way if you had heard about this happening 10 times? 100?

Upvote 0
I bought 5 pieces of hardware from Fanatec and had to RMA 2 of them. Given that, I'd say QC is still an issue, but my experience with their customer support has been good so far. Both faulty units were replaced and it took about 10 days from reporting the problem to receiving the replacement. It probably helps that I'm in Colorado, so ground shipment to/from California takes only 3 days.

The first time it took them a few days to respond me with RMA number, but they agreed to ship me the replacement as soon as I had sent the faulty base to minimize my downtime. For the second case they provided RMA on the next day, sent the replacement after they got the faulty rim, but as I had another rim it was not a problem for me.

I may suggest to use facebook, twitter or live chat if you would like to speed up the resolution of your problem. Email communication is slow if you're in the U.S. because the people who handle that are in Europe, so any reply takes at least a day. It wouldn't hurt if they had someone working on support during U.S. hours.

And I agree, their CEO should be thinking twice before making those rants public, but some people just can't help it. Ever seen Stefano Casillo angry posts in AC forum? I think that's pretty similar. It doesn't mean the product is awful and the company behind it is evil though.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back