CSW V2 base problem

Send videos of all problems to Fanatec and they should get back to you pretty quickly. I had to send my CSW v2 back in for repair after 11 days of use. It just broke and starting making a grinding noise. Sent a video and had an RMA with in 24 hours. It took about 4 1/2 weeks to get my wheel back from the Fanatec repair center however it was 5 working days to ship it there and 5 to ship it back to me so all told I guess the repair time was around 2 to 2 1/2 weeks at the repair center. Its been great ever since then though, going on almost 3 months now since getting it back.

Upvote 0
I have given up any serious commitment to Fanatec Products as I have had to RMA just about every item I have purchased from them. The designs are quite nice but the workmanship seems to be pretty poor and every time they claim to have made improvements with this and that I just never seem to see it? The people in Germany are on the side of being committed to offering the best products they can with great designs then the China Side of the equation is equivalent to handing the designs off to Hooligans who don't give a crap about the quality when building these products.

Seriously I think their products are not designed to last more then 2 years and usually don't even last that long.

Yes I also had a problem with the suede bleeding on the GT Rim.

Upvote 0
My CSW V2 has been going strong for 5 months. No issues whatsoever.

My CSP v1 are over 3 years old now and have never showed any hitch either.

My Porsche Turbo S is over three years old and has never broken down either.

Not playing down on issues others are having, because clearly there are quite a few people who have issues, so I regard myself as a lucky guy.

But my experience with Fanatec has been superb in the three years or so I have been using their gear! :)

Sorry to hear about your problems @linzheng . That does seem like a bad show. :(
I am also using the GT rim without gloves. No such colour bleed or crumbling.
It amazes me how erratic the build quality seems on Fanatec products.
I hope your issues will be solved quickly and well.

Upvote 0
My CSR Elite pedals have been great now for almost a year. My Universal Hub and new style GT wheel has been good so far, no bleeding or crumbling. My CSW v2 base had to be repaired but has been good since then. I really hope it all stays together because it feels rather nice but I'll always be a bit concerned about the build quality of their products. That's why I keep a Thrustmaster setup as a backup. LOL.

Upvote 0
How old is your CSW v2?
If you really are unhappy with the purchase I think you are protected by consumer law if the product is still fairly new. You should inform yourself about the possibilities. Its hardware that is far too expensive to just Gather dust as a Back-up system IMO.
Worth finding out what your options are legally if Fanatec doesn't want to play ball.

But my experience is that Fanatec support is very willing to help their customers finding a suitable solution.

And one thing about 'Reading so many bad experiences on the internet' - it is a known fact that people who have problems feel the need to write about it on the net far more frequently than those that are happy.
This makes the internet a rather depressing place at times, but there is really no way of knowing wether Fanatec's gear does break down a lot in the broader spectrum because we have no idea how many units sold.
For All we know their gear might have a reliability of 90% amongst their total customer base.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I sold my fantec + obutto rig 2 years ago when I moved home. Main reason I came back to sim is the V2 base and my 1 year old son who gets excited every time sits on my lap behind the steering wheel in a real car. I believed their claim that the v2 base is all about quality and reliability.
I don't think I would buy their product again unless they give us at least 3 years warranty.

Yea blame your one year old son for the purchase of your Sim gear...
Sorry darling I just had to spend that 1000,- because our baby likes my hotlapping so much.

Upvote 1
Regarding point #3, I have the same thing but about the last 10 or 15 degrees on each side instead of 30 (set to 900 degrees). I also had the exact same thing with two different Thrustmaster T500RS wheels. On top of that, I know person with a Thrustmaster TX wheel that does the same thing. To me it's quite clear that this is a common thing with these types of wheels and I wouldn't worry about that at all. I had my 2nd T500RS for over 2 years and it did that since day 1 (bought brand new) and the wheel always worked great.

If your pedals aren't working when you plug them into the base then that's a problem obviously. Having said that, I'd rather use the pedals on their own anyways as they have 1024 bits of resolution when plugged directly to your PC but only 256 when with the wheel (absolutely ridiculous, why would Fanatec slice the resolution of the pedals at all when they're plugged into their [Fanatec's] own wheel base, let alone by 75%?).

Upvote 0
Hi all, I have the csw v2 and f1 rim. Does anyone here use them on ps4? There are 2 usb ports on the front of the ps4, and the wheel and pedals have separate usb connections so I need to use both usb ports. Am I right? Thanks

edit: ps4 setup goes pedals->wheel unit->usb.
PC setup goes pedals->ubs, wheel unit->usb.
Solved - d'oh!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years