CSP Weather FX Problem - Controller Script is Absent

I'm currently trying to get Sol installed in Assetto Corsa but whenever I open Content Manager and head into my CSP settings, I see that Controller Script isn't an option at all in Weather FX, so I can't set it to Sol either. However, I Sol does appear as an option in Weather Script. Is there any way to fix this?
Screenshot 2023-06-03 094621.png

Yes, read the instructions next time!

Weather Controller was moved to tab DRIVE, Weather
Ahhh yes, I heard of this while searching. However, this only appears to be a feature on the full version of the launcher (I should have mentioned that I was using the Lite version tbh) because when I check out the Drive tab it is still absent

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-03 161804.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-03 161804.png
    172 KB · Views: 3,185
which version of CM are you currently using? Check if its 0.8.2549.39678, the subsequent version has a mayor bug and is unusable!

And no, this is working with the lite version too.

I only hope you've read the installation procedure of SOL. Never ever drag and drop it to CM.

Last edited:
which version of CM are you currently using? Check if its 0.8.2549.39678, the subsequent version has a mayor bug and is unusable!
Noted! I checked my CM version and it's listed as 0.8.2561.39678, are there any known problems with this version?
I only hope you've read the installation procedure of SOL. Never ever drag and drop it to CM.
Oh don't worry, I installed Sol manually. Did not drag and drop it. I actually managed to get the Sol Weather Script working, my main problem is that I cannot find the option to change my Controller Script.

Ehem.. So what if someone was dumb enough to NOT read the instructions and definitely drag and dropped SOL into CM? How would said dummy fix this? Asking for a friend.
I actually went through this before haha. However, I found these to be the following solutions.

1.) Manually Delete the Files. This may sound intimidating initially, but it becomes a lot less once you look at the .7z archive Sol comes packaged in. It only modifies the following folders: apps, content, extension, and system.

What I did was that I had two file explorer windows open: one for my AC root folder and one with the Sol archive in my downloads. I went through each folder in the Sol archive to find the files it added and deleted their equivalent in the AC root folder.

*Also make sure to delete soluninstall.bat and description.jsgame and make sure to verify your game files just in case any base game, non-modded content was deleted or modified by chance.

2.) Delete apps, content, extension, and system folders entirely. I'd personally use this as a last resort as it's the most destructive. Completely delete these folders since these are what Sol modify, then verify your game files through Steam to have them restored, but this will not restore modded content, only Kunos ones.

Do note that this method will also delete mods that you have downloaded into these folders like cars, tracks, and pp filters. This will restore large portions of the game back to vanilla, so be warned.

3.) Run soluninstall.bat - this is a file that comes with Sol that you're supposed to put in the AC root folder. Run it as administrator and it will remove Sol from AC. However, if someone drag and dropped Sol and performed an invalid install, this might not be effective at removing the files. This is pretty good though if you have Sol installed properly but want to have a clean slate!

Hopefully, this was of use and let me know if you found better solutions than these three.

I actually went through this before haha. However, I found these to be the following solutions.

1.) Manually Delete the Files. This may sound intimidating initially, but it becomes a lot less once you look at the .7z archive Sol comes packaged in. It only modifies the following folders: apps, content, extension, and system.

What I did was that I had two file explorer windows open: one for my AC root folder and one with the Sol archive in my downloads. I went through each folder in the Sol archive to find the files it added and deleted their equivalent in the AC root folder.

*Also make sure to delete soluninstall.bat and description.jsgame and make sure to verify your game files just in case any base game, non-modded content was deleted or modified by chance.

2.) Delete apps, content, extension, and system folders entirely. I'd personally use this as a last resort as it's the most destructive. Completely delete these folders since these are what Sol modify, then verify your game files through Steam to have them restored, but this will not restore modded content, only Kunos ones.

Do note that this method will also delete mods that you have downloaded into these folders like cars, tracks, and pp filters. This will restore large portions of the game back to vanilla, so be warned.

3.) Run soluninstall.bat - this is a file that comes with Sol that you're supposed to put in the AC root folder. Run it as administrator and it will remove Sol from AC. However, if someone drag and dropped Sol and performed an invalid install, this might not be effective at removing the files. This is pretty good though if you have Sol installed properly but want to have a clean slate!

Hopefully, this was of use and let me know if you found better solutions than these three.
Thanks for the help and this would be the normal way to fix this however, I guess there is a problem with newer versions of things conflicting with each other.

I ended up deleting my entire install of Assetto (almost a TB of data) and reinstalling everything. Started the game up and still had the same problem. Turned out to be a conflict with CM itself. They have the fix in the Discord. Glad its fixed now but I ended up deleting some really important things I had in Assetto. Not a happy camper.

Thank you tho.

Unfortunately its all very confusing unless you are right on top of what version of what works with what at the moment. I've run into problems that I'm struggling to fix like many others even though I have carefully read and followed the instructions.

From what I can gather there are multiple versions of CM and each of those has a lite and paid version (latter has more functionality). There are also multiple versions of SOL (with paid versions as well?). Not to mention CSP. [By multiple versions I just mean 2.x.x, 2.x.y etc etc].

Right at the moment the various versions are not playing nicely with each other, hence the various error messages and problems. It is very hard for the casual-ish user (i.e. people like moi) to work out what's what.

To be clear, it's no ones fault. We have several fabulous mod makers that are giving us for free (or not much more) mods that transform AC into something exceptional. For that I know I and many others are enormously grateful.

Problem at the moment is these multi-versioned mods are not, as I said, playing nice with each other.

I have no doubt this will get sorted and for the lucky/smarter ones who have worked out what's what, it is actually possible to get it working now (don't ask me though!!). It would be fabulous if one of the cleverer ones amongst us could give us a simplified guide for dummies e.g. as to what versions of what are compatible with what would be a lovely start... :)

Last edited:
Hello, i have found the solution for this post.
Since CM have updated, everything need an update. SOL CSP. Here is the few step to make the controller script work.
1. download latest CM.
2.download latest SOL 2.2.9
3.download CSP 1.80 (219 or 346)⭐⭐⭐ I think this is the reason controller script not shown in Drive(Weather)
4.Untick all the conditions (Real / Ideal) (Drive page)

After you done all this you should be able to click controller script in Drive weather page

Actually, with latest CM and SOL 2.2.9 and CSP 0.179, the thing works here on my computer like this:

Attachments

• 屏幕截图 2023-08-13 175309.jpg
    屏幕截图 2023-08-13 175309.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 685
  • 屏幕截图 2023-08-13 175249.jpg
    屏幕截图 2023-08-13 175249.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 716

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling