Critique my wheel choices for SC2

Updated Candidates
  • For “small” 30-32cm w/ button box and paddle shifters
    • Momo Montecarlo 32 cm
    • Sportline Imola 300, unless mounting is off-center
    • Fanatec Clubsport 320, though this requires me getting over my strong and probably irrational bias against Fanatec
  • For “large” 35 cm wheel with no button box and no paddle shifters
    • Momo Montecarlo 35 cm
    • Motamec deep dish 35 cm
    • (Whether 35 is “too big” seems to be down to personal preference)

That's a good list! Note that the Fanatec Clubsport 320mm wheel is also available as Motamec (https://simgrade.fi/product/motamec-d-shape-wheel/) from many sources, then you don't have Fanatec label on your wheel. ;)

I have a 300mm very nice Sparco R300 too, but with that size note that the shifers may come too far out. I prefer the 320mm D-shape to the round 300mm.

I've also found the 350mm wheel too big for anything but vintage cars. I like rally with a round rim and I found a great 330mm Sabelt for that.

• Deleted member 197115

• When you say a wheel comes in leather, are you using suede and leather interchangeably? For example, the Sport Line Imola wheel description says “black suede leather”
  • Question for @Andrew_WOT (or anyone, of course) regarding the Sport Line Imola 300
    • Is the mounting centered, so it does not rotate like an egg? It appears to be off-center, like the Momo 30 or the OMP Trecento
It's close to centered but not exact, if I spin it I can see some wobbling during rotation, not as bad a Momo Team 300 though.
I have one Imola 300 in suede mounted to wheel plate and leather one bare for rally and older cars, I still use gloves with leather most of the times, it's just for comfort and better grip than saving the rim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea