"Critical" Hotfix Released for Wreckfest

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Next Car Game Wreckfest Hotfix.jpg

Bugbear Entertainment have released a fairly major hotfix to Next Car Game Wreckfest today, addressing issues that arose following a recent build update.

Only a couple of days ago Bugbear Entertainment released a reasonably large update and new content for their destruction derby style racing game Wreckfest, however following some further testing and feedback from the ever loyal Wreckfest community it appears that several unforeseen issues have come to light post public release.

With impressive speed the development team have turned around what is a substantial update for simply a 'hotfix' release, aimed at addressing many of the immediate issues and generally improving the experience for the players of a game that is chocked full of potential.

Of the main issues addressed as part of the new release comes a resolution to the server browser crashing issue that has prevented many players from accessing the online functionality of the game. Other big improvements come in the form of a fix to the modding screen, increased responsiveness of the general UI and various track fixes (including a new reverse layout for 'Mixed 4').

You can check the full change log below:

TECHNICAL/USER INTERFACE
  • Leaderboards are back online.
  • Server Browser no longer crashes.
  • Server Browser is now more responsive and correctly displays server info.
  • Mod Manager does not glitch anymore when more than one page of mods is installed.
  • Selecting Game Mode in the Quick Race Options now works correctly.
  • In Team Race, points are now correctly awarded for crashing.
  • Reset is no longer disabled in single player after playing online on a server with reset disabled.
  • Reset Car and Reverse Limiter options are now shown on their own rows in Lobby and Server Browser.
  • After toggling V-Sync in the Settings a game restart is now required menu to apply the setting.
  • Number of max players is now shown correctly in Lobby.
  • Lobby chat is now more responsive.
  • Replay UI is now correctly displayed.
  • Scroll bars are now displayed correctly in Lobby and elsewhere.
  • Background is now displayed correctly when using ultra wide resolutions.
  • THQ logo is now properly centered.
VEHICLES
  • Vehicles imported from old save data are now automatically given correct replacement parts in case parts are missing or invalid, fixing the red exclamation mark error in multiplayer.
  • Reduced tire dust effects so that they are less intrusive and cost less performance wise.
  • Ragdoll model is now shown correctly instead of grey cubes.
  • American 3 roll cage no longer gets detached too early.
TRACKS
  • Added Mixed 4 Main Circuit Reverse layout
  • Improved Mixed 7 checkpoints to prevent outrageous cheating.
  • Speedway 2 white tire barrier now has a proper collision.
  • Fixed Gravel 1 missing texture.
  • Fixed Tarmac 2 missing textures + improved environment art.
  • Fixed Sandpit 3 start camera.

Next Car Game: Wreckfest is available for PC via the Steam Network now, with a tentative date of late 2017 / early 2018 for a console release.

Check out the Wreckfest sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay on top of all the latest news and discussion regarding both this game and new title Stuntfest. Head over and join in with the community today.

Does the new hotfix resolve any outstanding issues you had post June 2017 update? Are you happy with the new update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
@Jack Smith @Denis Betty
i meant to show you this the other night when trying to explain what happens to my pc with the usb connections, or this is as close to how i can describe it.
Click ME
i no longer fast boot and it seems to work better for me.. my wheel now always seems to stay in the same connection..and no need to remove a device to get them in the correct order.

maybe just a fluke ...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back