Cost for just gt3

GT3 racing is expensive indeed.

It’ll be half a million just to secure the vehicle itself, a short look at ‘18 prices.
  • Acura NSX GT3: $536,000 (€468,000)
  • Audi R8 LMS: $514,900 (€447,335)
  • Lamborghini Huracan GT3: $525,000 (€455,962)
  • Mercedes AMG GT3: $453,510 (€394,000)
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R: $495,000 (€430,482)
Audi sold about 200 last year if anyone is interested.

Then we have fuel, tires, transport, track fees, pit fees, entry fees, uniforms, oh and the crew gotta have drivers, mechs, tuners, an engineer, pit crew and what shall we eat? Food and lodging are expensive! That pretty wife probably has lots of luggage.

All in you might slide through with a one million dollar initial investment, all this of course considers you don’t cause any yellow flags by crashing or breaking down.

My head hurts now.

ACC $40.

All is better now.

I've got to come clean here. ACC did indeed cost me only $40, but to be able to run it suitably in VR it cost me a further $3500 for a high spec gaming rig - Windows bootcamped onto an iMac wasn't cutting it.

I've got to come clean here. ACC did indeed cost me only $40, but to be able to run it suitably in VR it cost me a further $3500 for a high spec gaming rig - Windows bootcamped onto an iMac wasn't cutting it.
Yup, hobbies can be expensive. It's a bit like how a golf course can have green fee's of €20, but the golfer is dragging a bag around the course with over a thousand euros worth of clubs in it.

I'd say I've easily spent the same in Euros on new PC parts, a rig, steering wheel, etc.. Still cheaper than buying a car and doing track days.

You say that but he joined in 2008 and posts quite regularly (including only 35 minutes ago).
He has probably forgot about this post, maybe (just maybe) due to posting whilst drunk (which would explain a lot).
Or maybe he forgot about the post because he is 85 years old:

The same amount of cars and tracks in iRacing have cost me $381 AUD plus I have to pay $100 a year for the privilege... of running out of time to run iRacing because I’m too busy running ACC.

ACC is currently $57 AUD... not sure how drunk you would need to get to think that’s expensive?

And that’s before we consider the proper rules of a racing series, much better handling for GT3 and awesome weather.

Yes it is and the NSX continues to be overpriced.
I’d have the Audi strictly because it’s the highest in demand and would be easier to sell when my real racing adventure went broke.
Another thing I should probably mention is that most GT3 cars/ race cars need engine rebuild after a small amount of mileage. In general, that number is smaller for turbo engines and for small engines that are forced to produce a lot of power (like the 4L boxer 6 of Porsche).

Meanwhile, AMG GT3 is using a whopping 6.2L NA V8 so we can imagine the stress on the engine is relatively smaller and in fact, AMG GT3's engine can indeed serve more miles before a rebuild. Therefore if someone really wants to work hard to afford to race in GT3 as a private team, AMG is the go-to option. It is almost as popular as the R8 I believe. There are tons of AMG on the grid IIRC.

Next step is to perform well enough so you can have some sponsors share the burden with you. However, if you work hard for a lot of years it is very difficult to beat those young kids trained by the factory team but hey, we have different classes and you have a pro driver helping you if you are in the pro-am class.

Meanwhile, the NSX's V6 endures much less miles between rebuilds, not to mention its original higher price. If you are a die-hard HONDA fan, I would actually recommend you to buy a HONDA fireblade (CBR1000 RR SP) motorcycle, which is a fraction of a fraction of the price, and is extremely fun :sneaky: (The new 2020 version is AMAZING)
1574972487580.png

(And you you adjustable brake balance at any time (control your right hand and foot), "TRUE DRS" (put your head down), and five digits redline RPM, which are definitely better than the GT3 car.:roflmao: It can kill you but that is OK.)

You say that but he joined in 2008 and posts quite regularly (including only 35 minutes ago).
He has probably forgot about this post, maybe (just maybe) due to posting whilst drunk (which would explain a lot).
I believe so because he made such a short post and left it there. I would consider this rude and disrespectful.

Since you mentioned you are in UK (plus your ID indicating that), along with your avatar I could not help thinking about this song:

One of my favourite songs in one of my favourite albums.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back