Cost for just gt3

It's currently $40, €40, £35 on Steam. How anybody can say that's too expensive for an incredibly detailed, focused, and realistic racing sim is beyond me.

Honestly I think that the "everything including the kitchen sink" approach to driving sims hasn't done the genre any favours in that it's inflated peoples expectations, and the time and effort to produce that content means compromises elsewhere. I would hazard a guess that the majority of people who end up buying PC2 or AC (with the DLC) probably don't touch a tenth of the available content - I know I haven't. People just think that they're getting value for money.

For me it's refreshing to see a sim concentrate on one singular aspect of motorsport and do it well.

The F1 series, for all its flaws is popular because it replicates as closely as possible the actual events that happen during the real life series.
Blancpain is doing the same thing with arguably and imho, one of the best GT car racing series on the planet.
AC is a great title and it was the springboard for ACC. At the time a lot of people were asking for a single series with all the rules and regs etc.
'Owning' everything in AC is a bit of a loose term for downloading a bunch of content. Yes the vanilla game had some great downloadable content, but most races online were in the GT3s
Here in ACC we have updated graphics, physics, day to night, weather etc.
So imho, what you said has no real bearing on reality...

Last time I checked it was about 1/3 of the price you would pay for the same licensed content in similar games.
It's as if Kunos never got the memo.
I think they could get away with charging a lot more. There's a lot of products on the market that are thought of as high end just because you pay more for them. If you under value your product, consumers will too. If people paid twice as much for Kunos content they'd probably automatically hold it in higher regard. It's just how our ape brains works unfortunately. Kunos could easily sell their physics as a premium product and charge higher prices. I know gamers will give out about the lack of game in ACC but the car simulation is class leading, which is a trump card in the simulation market.. It would bring in more funds for developing the game side of things. My guess is the majority of customers buy it during a discount anyway, I've certainly never paid full price for any Kunos content..

Spent over £300 on iracing content, only use 10% of the cars, subscription expired. Bought Pcars 1 and 2 don't play them anymore... I can't complain.

Gt3 racing was the most popular series on AC.. So ACC makes sense..

Don't make sense to compare AC and ACC... It's not AC2.

Once you get that out your system you can start to enjoy the title.

Last edited:
AC Competetizone looks great but still too expensive for just a gt3 game especially after owning everything in AC series.
'Expensive' and Assetto Corsa Competizione should never be used in the same sentence.
This is currently the best value in simracing.
Heck!...I purchased it mostly to show support for all the surprisingly inexpensive DLC we got for the original title.
They can't continue to put out simulation software without money.
They're lots of other sim developers who will happily violate you without Vaseline....Kunos isn't one of them.

Don’t know anything about the op, or the reasons why they have not responded to the many replies their post has had. But if they are local to me (NE UK) then you are welcome to play ACC on my full motion rig in VR (or even on my ultra wide) and then see if your opinion remains its too expensive.

Not only that but I have had 250 hours on it so far, which is about 10 pence per hour. Hardly seems expensive to me, and looks quite good value when looking at other forms of entertainment especially when in comparison I also bought a 4K Blu Ray for a similar price which was over by 1 hour 40 mins and then just stuck on my shelf with all my other Blu rays.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.1%