F1 2011 Corrupt savegame

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

Been playing this game for 2 days now and this bug where after the "press start to begin.." loading the game will crash. The workaround is to delete the savegame so that I can play again.

The problem is that if I delete my savegame I'm going to start all over again in my career which is a game breaker.

Is there another way to fix this bug and revive my old game progress?

Thanks!

• Claudio Harden

Yep indeed, many people are having this problem, including me. Deleted the save game and now its working again. F1 2011 is calling for a patch already ;)

I had the same problem today. I realised it's not the save file that's causing issues but actually the setup files contained within the savegame folder. If you delete all the files except for the largest in size then you can load the game and continue your save.

It took me a while to figure out what was wrong but hopefully there will be a patch soon.

Having the same problem, unfortunately the solution in the post above doesn't work for me. If I only leave the largest file in the folder, the game actually tells me that my save game is corrupt (instead of crashing right away).

I could stomach starting a new career, but since the bug is obviously going to occur again, waiting for a patch is probably the only thing I can do right now :-(

I had the same problem today. I realised it's not the save file that's causing issues but actually the setup files contained within the savegame folder. If you delete all the files except for the largest in size then you can load the game and continue your save.

It took me a while to figure out what was wrong but hopefully there will be a patch soon.
all files in which folder?? please tell me.. i lost my save 4 races from the end:(

On win 7 system saves are in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2011\savegame. Has happened to me twice aswell, very frustrating, I have turned off autosave and am manually saving, hope this helps. The worst part was, I was backing up my savegames and after the 2nd curruption I restored my old save from 1 race before which did get me into the game but I could not save that profile anymore, save just did not work anymore until I wiped my career for the 2nd time and started again.

On win 7 system saves are in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2011\savegame. Has happened to me twice aswell, very frustrating, I have turned off autosave and am manually saving, hope this helps. The worst part was, I was backing up my savegames and after the 2nd curruption I restored my old save from 1 race before which did get me into the game but I could not save that profile anymore, save just did not work anymore until I wiped my career for the 2nd time and started again.

Has the manual save helped? Please let us know.

I everyone running as administrator? Both Steam (if applicable) and the game?

I'm always logged in as administrator (not your regular account which says "administrator", but the hidden administrator account) and I've never had a corrupt savegame - either in this game or last years.

Every time I install Windows, I enable the hidden administrator account and log in through that account and then delete the "normal" Windows account.

So I never have to "run as administrator" because I am​ the Administrator.

I everyone running as administrator? Both Steam (if applicable) and the game?

I'm always logged in as administrator (not your regular account which says "administrator", but the hidden administrator account) and I've never had a corrupt savegame - either in this game or last years.

Every time I install Windows, I enable the hidden administrator account and log in through that account and then delete the "normal" Windows account.

So I never have to "run as administrator" because I am​ the Administrator.

could you please enlighten us on this or post a link? I don't think this is common knowledge

could you please enlighten us on this or post a link? I don't think this is common knowledge

It's disabled by default so you need to activate it:

1. Open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box).

2. Now type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

3. You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...idden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

The account has no password, so if you're going to use it, set a password.

1. Open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box).

2. Now type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

3. You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...idden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

The account has no password, so if you're going to use it, set a password.

awesome, thanks man

The reason it's disabled by default is that enabling it creates a computer security loophole (and a pretty big one).

If you complete the R&D objective and close the game before progressing to the Qualifying and save (or autosave), then the savegame becomes corrupt.
This is exactly when my savegame became corrupt, so I guess you're right. Guess we're just going to have to work around that until CM provides a fix. Thanks a bunch!

It happend to me even at shortrace weekend at Grand prix, not career. I just replace my savegames with a backup i have, but it's still pretty anoying..also i had 16th place at qualy yesterday and i started race at 24th.. Why the hell did that happen?

You don't need to delete all the files. Copi the old save games and make a new and then copi all back, but not the GTEHXOSJZ_0 then is all fine. This file is most corrupted, the same is at 2010...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.