F1 2011 Corrupt savegame

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

Been playing this game for 2 days now and this bug where after the "press start to begin.." loading the game will crash. The workaround is to delete the savegame so that I can play again.

The problem is that if I delete my savegame I'm going to start all over again in my career which is a game breaker.

Is there another way to fix this bug and revive my old game progress?

Thanks!

It's disabled by default so you need to activate it:

1. Open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box).

2. Now type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

3. You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...idden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

The account has no password, so if you're going to use it, set a password.

Thats not the most secure way to have your profile, as any unwanted malware etc can just install itself as you are admin. Always best to leave things so they ask you IMO.

Thats not the most secure way to have your profile, as any unwanted malware etc can just install itself as you are admin. Always best to leave things so they ask you IMO.

Yes that's correct, it's a big risk if your computer is not secure.

But I work in the computer field and I've been using the Admin account as my default account for almost 7 years now. I know how to secure my computer :)

Found this on Codmasters forum and it worked for me.

This fix WORKS and KEEPS your saved data.

Tested be me and another user.

If you can't load the game because it crashes when loading your saved games, then just do this:

Go to your savedgames folder, usually under C:\Users\Your_User\My Documents\My Saved Games\FormulaOne2011\saveddata\ .

Delete the file named GTEHXOSJZ_0.

Then, copy GTEHXOSJZ_1 in the same folder, to a file named GTEHXOSJZ_0.

You'll have again the two files GTEHXOSJZ_0 and GTEHXOSJZ_1.

Just run the game, and loading saveddata should be ok now
smile.gif

If it doesn't work, try reversing the files (deleting 1 and renaming 0 to 1).

The only thing I lost doing this was my keyboard configuration.

Hope it helps

Yes that's correct, it's a big risk if your computer is not secure.

But I work in the computer field and I've been using the Admin account as my default account for almost 7 years now. I know how to secure my computer :)

What you choose to do is up to you, but you are dishing out advice here, and as someone who works in the computer field, you should appreciate that allowing full administrator privileges for programs (genuine or malicious) to change your PC without notifying the user isn't the best method for your average user. So I'm just pointing it out so folks reading this can decide if it's worth the risk to their security.

What you choose to do is up to you, but you are dishing out advice here, and as someone who works in the computer field, you should appreciate that allowing full administrator privileges for programs (genuine or malicious) to change your PC without notifying the user isn't the best method for your average user. So I'm just pointing it out so folks reading this can decide if it's worth the risk to their security.

I'm not "dishing out advice". If you read my first post, I simply asked if everyone was "running as administrator" (which you can do without my method) because I don't get corrupt savegames.

Then I described what I do - because I hate having to remember to "run as administrator" for every program. You have no idea how many "game issues" I've avoided by doing this. While everyone is troubleshooting, I'm playing.

I was then asked to how to do this. The link I provided contains a warning about this method:

Note: You really shouldn’t use this account for anything other than troubleshooting. In fact, you probably shouldn’t use it at all.

I felt that warning was sufficient. The "risk" of using the Admin account is the same as disabling UAC - which almost everyone does.

I think you are making this more than it is. I don't know anybody that leaves UAC enabled, do you? The risk is exactly the same.

Happened to me too. Has me a little tentative about bothering with a career. Can't believe they've made the same mistake as last year.

Here's some breaking news, it doesnt only happen in Career mode. I exited the game cleanly after playing a 50% GP with the AI. Next time I started the game 'F1 executable has stopped working' at the load profile point - and everytime I tried afterwards.

I havent even touched career mode since getting the game last Friday, so watch out, as it seems they have 'enhanced' this corruption bug to knacker your savegame in different modes too.

Thankfully, Alex8472 got me back on track with his post on page3, so props to him for that. Thanks Alex!

Found this on Codmasters forum and it worked for me.

This fix WORKS and KEEPS your saved data.

Tested be me and another user.

If you can't load the game because it crashes when loading your saved games, then just do this:

Go to your savedgames folder, usually under C:\Users\Your_User\My Documents\My Saved Games\FormulaOne2011\saveddata\ .

Delete the file named GTEHXOSJZ_0.

Then, copy GTEHXOSJZ_1 in the same folder, to a file named GTEHXOSJZ_0.

You'll have again the two files GTEHXOSJZ_0 and GTEHXOSJZ_1.

Just run the game, and loading saveddata should be ok now
smile.gif

If it doesn't work, try reversing the files (deleting 1 and renaming 0 to 1).

The only thing I lost doing this was my keyboard configuration.

Hope it helps

I'll try this once the game got corrupted again.

Thanks!

Went into career mode last night, did some practise at Melbourne and today when I start the game it crashes on loading profile.

Thanks to Alex I knew what to try and it worked, only had to put in my keybindings for the wheel again. :)

I hope this is not going to happend every time I enter career mode, then I will be very, very....upset...:tongue:
Seing what happend to Paul it's just not careermode either....sigh...CM...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back