Content Manager "Replace Sound" option: Where does it store the change? How to undo it if you don't like it?

Ok, I'm using content manager to play my game. I had a car that I didn't like the sound of. I used the content section and the 'replace sound' option to change it to another car's sound. After playing, the other sound wasn't that good either. So, I decided to change it back. Since there's no 'undo' or any visible option to change it back to the original setting, I figured the easiest way was to just re-copy the original car mod back into the game folder with its own original sound files overwriting what was there. After loading content manager back up I was shocked to see that the sound is still showing as being changed in the car display. Also, some changed files seem to be reverting to a 'maserati granturismo gt4' sound in the car info page. Is there some kind of cached setting I can erase?

My question is: Where/how does content manager store the changed sound setting? I've looked everywhere in the data files etc and can't seem to find it. This detail does not seem to be documented anywhere and it has me quite mystified. I thought just putting the original car back in place would reverse it, but it hasn't. I eventually got the original sounds back after hand grenading it and deleting a bunch content manager's data and effectively reinstalling it, but that seems a little extreme to fix one car's sounds. This makes the 'replace sound' option VERY dangerous to the integrity of your game if it can't be easily undone.

Anybody know the mechanic behind this?

IIRC CM just copies the sound into the mod's sfx folder and creates a GUID file. The easiest way to revert should be to delete the mod's sfx folder (assettocorsa\content\cars\[mod]\sfx) and copy the original folder back in.

Or make a backup of the mod before replacing the sound.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back