Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Sorry for the late reply, but I had some thoughts about this, and all the possibilities are unlikely:

- Every geo tag of every track is messed up: highly unlikely
- the file "\extension\config\data_track_params.ini" cant be accessed for some reason: very unlikely
- You've enabled one of the following things in CSP1.75, which are known to cause problems:
-- Cache AC Data to speed up loading (General Patch Settings)
-- Origin Shift (Graphics Adjustments)
-- If date is not set, use original sun trajectory (WeatherFX)

Other than that I'm out of ideas. Except you're located in the northern hemisphere and tested only tracks in the southern hemisphere or vice versa with real conditions active. But again, highly unlikely.
Thank you so much man for taking time to think about it. I did not use the computer for one week and when I played again today the issue was not there anymore. The only thing that changed is that the last time I turned the computer off, I updated Windows, so not sure if there was some issue there. Nevertheless, I truly appreciate your messages, I hope it doesn’t happen again!

Hey guys,

My G29 is all of a sudden not working in Content Manager. I can calibrate it in the normal game and it even register in Content Manager settings. The issue is when I go into a race that the wheel and pedals does not work. I have re-installed Assetto Corsa and Content Manager twice but still not working. Any ideas what can cause this? Works in the normal game and all my other sims too. only Content Manager giving this problem.
did you find the solution to this i have the same problem

Every time I Close Content Manager It resets the pp filter that I choose, I have to manually select it every time I open content manager.

it's a simple thing and I'm being overdramatic but it's kinda annoying tbh, how can I fix it?

So after the big one (crash) and re install of windows etc...I can't find the BIG ontent Mgr help thread here..can someone point me in that direction...thanks you in advance.
(my head is swollen from the reinstall of everything computer...(arghh)

Both Assetto Corsa and Content Manager store lots of metadata
in Documents\Assetto Corsa\ folder.
Reinstalling Assetto Corsa and/or Content Manager
without deleting (or at least renaming) that folder
will often not address these sorts of issue.

Background:
Windows applications access devices via device instance ID.
Windows often re-enumerates USB devices, e.g. when devices disconnect and reconnect.
USB devices with compliant unique serial numbers can, in theory,
maintain the same device instance ID over enumerations,
even when plugged to a different USB port.

Content Manager, at least with some settings, stores e.g. per-car information
that may include references to Windows device instance IDs.
For example, some cars use paddle shifters while others use H-pattern.
If/when Windows for whatever reason applies a different device instance ID to a G29,
Content Manager can no longer find it.

Foreground:
Sometimes, re-running Content Manager's controller wizard can recover G29/27,
but (too) often, recovery requires:
  • delete or rename the Documents\Assetto Corsa\ folder
  • launch Assetto Corsa and run its controller wizard
  • relaunch Assetto Corsa via Content Manager
Deleting or renaming the Documents\Assetto Corsa\ folder
wipes out many other configuration customizations...

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with CM. I used it fine for a year with no issues, but a few months ago it stopped opening altogether. It pops up in the taskbar down the bottom for a split second and then disappears without opening the program. I don't think I changed anything which made this issue pop up, it just stopped opening randomly.

I've tried to uninstall & reinstall it but that didn't work. I'm not the best with computers so I'm not sure where to go from here. Should I uninstall the whole game & reinstall it? I'd prefer to avoid that, as I have a bunch of mods & skins that I've collected over a large period of time. I'd be willing to do it if it meant that I could get it working again though.

I normally check if it has fixed itself each time a new mod comes out (this time it's the RSS Super Formula) but it's still broken. The issue has put me off of playing AC for the last few months.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with CM. I used it fine for a year with no issues, but a few months ago it stopped opening altogether. It pops up in the taskbar down the bottom for a split second and then disappears without opening the program. I don't think I changed anything which made this issue pop up, it just stopped opening randomly.

I've tried to uninstall & reinstall it but that didn't work. I'm not the best with computers so I'm not sure where to go from here. Should I uninstall the whole game & reinstall it? I'd prefer to avoid that, as I have a bunch of mods & skins that I've collected over a large period of time. I'd be willing to do it if it meant that I could get it working again though.

I normally check if it has fixed itself each time a new mod comes out (this time it's the RSS Super Formula) but it's still broken. The issue has put me off of playing AC for the last few months.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!
I just tried closing MSI Afterburner before launching it & that fixed it. I used to run that while using CM all the time, so I never thought to close it.

Issue solved, so no need to respond to my original message. Time to get back into AC!

Reinstalled windows so restored a backed up “AcTools Content Manager” now I can’t run CM unless as admin, so I loose drag’n’Drop, can anyone you suggest a solution please?

Option under CM->Drive setting "Automaticly check and fix controllers order before the race" - try that before delete any folder.

Same issue for me - new PC, new install, wheel shown in the game setup screen but dead in the race.
Came here looking for an answer. Checked this box and back in action. Thank you!

Hi people, l want to know how do l disable the cars thumbnail in Drive -> Single -> Quick, l mean, when you want to select a car... l already see the thumbnail but whenever l put the cursor on one of them, another thumbnail appears and it doesnt allow me to see the rest of the cars.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.