Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

been running full version of content manager for a couple of months now , all ok

this morning McAfee is seeing it as a threat and quarantining it?
anyone else had / having this issue?

I guess it's a usual false positive mostly found by the 5 or 6 best known antivirus suites ... as I already had a few years ago with Norton.
At the time I had it with Automobilista 1 at each new update, RF2 and even Fanaleds ....

They consider those files as containing a Trojan or something like that.
At the time, I cheked those files at Virus Total and they were OK ....

I stopped checking as it was occuring at each new update, even allowing those files in the AV settings ... but only those same AV softwares were considering those files as positive.
It looks like most of those files are looking or writing in the Documents or/and Appdata ... and this should be a reason why they should be suspected to be a Trojan ( or other name ) by the Heuristic analysis that those AV suites are doing ( and surely other ones don't ).

been running full version of content manager for a couple of months now , all ok

this morning McAfee is seeing it as a threat and quarantining it?
anyone else had / having this issue?
I just had the same issue. I am running the lite version but this evening McAfee quarantined the Content Manager .exe file. Currently running a full scan and will check further via McAfee before restoring. Accepting the false positive explanation frequently cited is still a leap of faith which contradicts the whole purpose of AV.

> There’s a setting in CM that says “turn on headlights when AI does”. Try that

I don't see that anywhere in CM
What version of CM are you running ?
In which exact screen of CM is that setting specified ?

> There’s a setting in CM that says “turn on headlights when AI does”. Try that

I don't see that anywhere in CM
What version of CM are you running ?
In which exact screen of CM is that setting specified ?
Doesnt really matter the version of CM running, its a patch feature, so check the patch settings page.

I just had the same issue. I am running the lite version but this evening McAfee quarantined the Content Manager .exe file. Currently running a full scan and will check further via McAfee before restoring. Accepting the false positive explanation frequently cited is still a leap of faith which contradicts the whole purpose of AV.
Running the paid version for 3 years, never had to deal with false positives.

You can always remove the software and return to the stock UI if you are that uncertain of CM.

Just to update this. I did a race today, and waited until everyone had crossed the line. I finished P10,
the game stated I finished P10, the relative showed I was P10, but when I then left the session, CM stated
that I'd finished 22nd, which messed up the championship points again.
No idea what the issue is here, it seems it might be a CM errir, but no-one else appears to have
ever had this problem before. I'm stumped.

Just to update this. I did a race today, and waited until everyone had crossed the line. I finished P10,
the game stated I finished P10, the relative showed I was P10, but when I then left the session, CM stated
that I'd finished 22nd, which messed up the championship points again.
No idea what the issue is here, it seems it might be a CM errir, but no-one else appears to have
ever had this problem before. I'm stumped.
That is damn annoying!

This is the path to the Champs file where you might be able to repair your problem:
C:\Users\Proprietaire\Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata\filestore

I don't know if it'll work as I haven't tried to repair the problem you're experiencing. But it seems possible to me that you could. It would take some working out though (like which AI is which etc. so may not be worth your time).

Obviously, you should make a backup before tinkering.

I use that path to make a backup of the champs file so that I can save my progress in a championship before attempting a new race (cos if you have to stop a championship race, you are then recorded as coming last) .

No luck. It did nothing to help. Everything drives fine directly through AC opened from Steam. Using CM, I either have to check the box to match car's steering lock and that works for some cars and other cars it does nothing to match the steering rotation I apply with the wheel.
Do have this checked? It might screw up your 900° setting:
1586796506150.png

Axis settings should look like this:
1586796560431.png

Check these two things. CM simply reads out the game files so there shouldn't be anything different compared to the default launcher.
These are the only options (hardware lock and auto-adjust scale) that come with CM afaik..

I updated Shaders Patch today to 0.1.46 and lost entire section of control settings anyone know how to fix it?
Turns out its CM not Shaders Patch problem I didn't notice last update but I downloaded version form site CM version 0.8.1976.36095 and this page works fine but on 0.8.2096.36316 it's blank. Anyone had this problem?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hey, I've accidentally activated the difficulty in driver names in CM. Does anyone know where I can turn it off? I searched for it maybe half an hour :/

Attachments

• 1586870592838.png
    1586870592838.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 132
You'll find it in Settings/Content Manager/Drive

Under Quick Drive ... you surely activated: "Show AI level in driver's name".
Just uncheck it.

> I have one question too, is it possible to change hours when track lights are on?
> I can't find this anywhere.

I don't think you can, but I have 20 minutes of experience with this patch ...
if you have sol weather app you can change it in that i think

Finally got around to trying your idea out - I can get into the files, but I don't think they hold the finishing positions sadly. It has all the champs info, but doesn't record the events as such, unless it's hidden in the file maybe?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.