Complete 32 car skin pack for the P1 MetalMoro AJR

Skins Complete 32 car skin pack for the P1 MetalMoro AJR 1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Could you convert it to rF2? Pretty please with cherry on top? ;)
Seem to be similar :)

1645111950144.png

Whoooohoooo!!!! With icons and it would be absolutely smashing!!!
Note: if you pull this out, please consider publishing it on the Steamworkshop (MR18 too....)!
Can't get the icons to work, but I've done the Chevy. Not any time to do much more, will try and pick it up again tomorrow

1645123227644.png

Created a filter so you can only choose opponents that have skins in place

1645123290540.png

Last edited:
Can't get the icons to work, but I've done the Chevy. Not any time to do much more, will try and pick it up again tomorrow

View attachment 541959

Created a filter so you can only choose opponents that have skins in place
I don’t know how to do the icons myself, but I will try to find how it has to be done and, damn, there’s no hurry!
As for the filter, that’s super.

I don’t know how to do the icons myself, but I will try to find how it has to be done and, damn, there’s no hurry!
As for the filter, that’s super.
I think I've worked out the icons. (Not done much rFactor2 skinning before) I'm off on vacation soon, so I doubt I'll get this finished today, but I'll get there!
1645181954424.png

I've manage to finish it, I found a way to automate certain things, so it sped up the process. Can't quite work out the Steam Workshop upload just yet so I've uploaded it to RD in the meantime.

Hello. I downloaded the file, installed it and my previous FoV ( Cockpit camera ) settings got completely messed up. With the Originals, I could use the FoV of 78 degrees and could stiell adjust the seat so that I could see both mirrors , the steering wheel and the speedometer/rpm meter when inside the car. With your mod, I have to set the FoV to 100 degrees in order to see at least the speedomiter/RPM instrument and the steering wheel. Can't see the mirrors when adjusting the seat backwards. If I adjust the way I am used to, I see the backside of the drivers overall, even with an FoV of 100 degrees.

Something seems to be wrong here. I don't have this problem with any of the other skin-mods I use ( Formula 1 mods from the 1990ties to 2021 , Formula 3 2021 Mod, GT cars and others).

Hello. I downloaded the file, installed it and my previous FoV ( Cockpit camera ) settings got completely messed up. With the Originals, I could use the FoV of 78 degrees and could stiell adjust the seat so that I could see both mirrors , the steering wheel and the speedometer/rpm meter when inside the car. With your mod, I have to set the FoV to 100 degrees in order to see at least the speedomiter/RPM instrument and the steering wheel. Can't see the mirrors when adjusting the seat backwards. If I adjust the way I am used to, I see the backside of the drivers overall, even with an FoV of 100 degrees.

Something seems to be wrong here. I don't have this problem with any of the other skin-mods I use ( Formula 1 mods from the 1990ties to 2021 , Formula 3 2021 Mod, GT cars and others).
Hey Steve, not sure why this would happen. This skin pack simply swaps the in-built .dds files with the ones in the download and nothing else. It doesn't contain any coding that re-writes your settings or your FoV values. Weird that it's happened though, maybe worth checking on the Reiza forums?

Hey Steve, not sure why this would happen. This skin pack simply swaps the in-built .dds files with the ones in the download and nothing else. It doesn't contain any coding that re-writes your settings or your FoV values. Weird that it's happened though, maybe worth checking on the Reiza forums?
Well , the mod does not change the FoV. But the Cockpits of all Metalmoros seem to get different dimensions. So i.e. if you adjust a the seat backwards, there's only a few clicks until you see the backside of the drivers overal while at the same time, you cannot see the mirrors and the instruments. I'll try to get some screenshots.

Here the pics. No Driverseat , Helmet etc. to be seen . Pic one shows how the normal seat position looks like in your mod at my FoV and Pic 2 how it looks when adjusting the seat forward to prevent to see the backside of the overall. No wheel, no instruments, no mirrors.

Attachments

• 20220304090238_1.jpg
    20220304090238_1.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220304090422_1.jpg
    20220304090422_1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
....and here is, how it should look like with the identical FoV as above with original cars . Please notice the headrests / Protectors on Pic 1. They are also there ( seats ) on the other original cars, but missing on your mod completely. Please click on the pics to see them completely as they are taken from 32:10 Ultrawide screen format.

Attachments

• 20220304093102_1.jpg
    20220304093102_1.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220304093211_1.jpg
    20220304093211_1.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220304093303_1.jpg
    20220304093303_1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220304093420_1.jpg
    20220304093420_1.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Here the pics. No Driverseat , Helmet etc. to be seen :
How weird. It's nothing to do with the skin pack at all though - as I mentioned, there isn't anything in the download that changes any settings. It's just a bunch of .dds files. No one else has reported this issue so not sure what to suggest.

Maybe the last official update changed something? I know that often I have to remap my seating position and reconfigure my steering controls. I tend to just delete my 'Automobilista 2' folder found in 'My Documents' after most updates as it causes issues - and simply remap and reset everything from scratch.

Have you checked the 'Display' settings in the Gameplay menu to make sure that the settings are all correct?

Can you 'WASD' around the cockpit to get the view settings correct? I sometimes have to do this after an update. I race in VR, so it's obviously important to get the settings right, so after a bit of 'WASD' action I tend to get things right. I've just fired up the game on flat screen and my view looks like this:

1646383012470.png

How weird. It's nothing to do with the skin pack at all though - as I mentioned, there isn't anything in the download that changes any settings. It's just a bunch of .dds files. No one else has reported this issue so not sure what to suggest.

Maybe the last official update changed something? I know that often I have to remap my seating position and reconfigure my steering controls. I tend to just delete my 'Automobilista 2' folder found in 'My Documents' after most updates as it causes issues - and simply remap and reset everything from scratch.

Have you checked the 'Display' settings in the Gameplay menu to make sure that the settings are all correct?

Can you 'WASD' around the cockpit to get the view settings correct? I sometimes have to do this after an update. I race in VR, so it's obviously important to get the settings right, so after a bit of 'WASD' action I tend to get things right. I've just fired up the game on flat screen and my view looks like this:

View attachment 546710
First, let me say that , aside from the small problem described above, the cars look simply gorgeous ! Great work.
Now back to the problem. I checked various things and was able to narrow the problem down to the Display settings for the steering wheel in the "Gameplay" section of Settings/Options.
With no steeringwheel / steeringwheel "Off", no problem.
With "Only Steeringwheel" no problem.
With settings on "Steeringwheel and Driver" ( to see at least the gloves ) the described problem occurs. It does not occure with these settings and original cars/skins. So there must be some tiny thing in the mod, which causes this problem.
However, I can live with "Only Steeringwheel" setting as long as I have not to change my FoV ( and learn brakepoints etc new ). Best regards Stefan

Last edited:
So, so strange. It might be worth raising this with Reiza as a possible bug. I've tested all cars thoroughly on my system and checked with a few other friends and users and they don't report any issues at all. My skins just 'respray' the cars exterior, they don't mess with anything else, but I'm now curious as to how this can happen to you. If you do raise it, let me know if there is a solution.

The only thing I've seen which is similar happened after a recent update - when I raced the GT4 cars the camera just gave me a view of the back of the drivers head, very similar to your first screenshot :) (i've replicated it below) So I just used the WASD keys to change it and everything was fine.

1646400244027.png

So, so strange. It might be worth raising this with Reiza as a possible bug. I've tested all cars thoroughly on my system and checked with a few other friends and users and they don't report any issues at all. My skins just 'respray' the cars exterior, they don't mess with anything else, but I'm now curious as to how this can happen to you. If you do raise it, let me know if there is a solution.

The only thing I've seen which is similar happened after a recent update - when I raced the GT4 cars the camera just gave me a view of the back of the drivers head, very similar to your first screenshot :) (i've replicated it below) So I just used the WASD keys to change it and everything was fine.

View attachment 546764
Hmmm. Understood. Must be on Reizas sidexthen... Kind of strange then that it appeared after the installation of the mod. But there was an update as well. Had you checked the "Only steeringwheel" option ?

MrBraindown updated Complete 32 car skin pack for the P1 MetalMoro AJR with a new update entry:

Changed download folder structure so it's now compatible with AMS2 Content Manager

Follow on from a discussion on the recent "Modding Automobilista 2 Is Easier Than You Might Think" thread, I thought I'd test my packs to see if they were compatible with the AMS2 Content Manager.

Some were, some weren't, therefore I thought it would be best to update them all to make the process easier.

There is no change to the actual car liveries themselves, so if you have...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.3%
  • Forum trophies