Community Question | Do You Wear Gloves To Sim Race?

Wow, almost 50/50 with only 500 votes so far... pretty evenly divided.

Anyway, I wear those gloves in my profile pic, minus the helmet of course, I haven't felt the need to perform a full retard on wearing my entire karting kit...
...yet!

I wear them whenever I get in the rig, which is nowhere near enough time for me.
But I wear them for comfort, immersion and protection for my hands and wheel
To be honest, the protection for the wheel hasn't really worked, both my BMW and F1 Fanatec rims are showing their age in a massive way, but they are getting on for 9 years old now so it's to be expected.

I would have to but i dont care xd my hands are getting wet af even if i drive only one lap with a gte in spa xd um using a g27 so i dont think i have to care if i would have a fanatec or something i would use gloves.

was using some MTB gloves. didnt use gloves at all until I started with Dirt Rally and endurance races. now I use some AlpineStars Kart gloves and it has become second nature to use them for longer races. I tend to drive with bare hands when I use road cars though.

I normally just pick up a pair of rubber gloves I find on the ground in the parting lots of many stores around my house these days. Ha, ha.

I am in the market for a set of gloves. I think I will like wearing them while driving.

I used to think wearing gloves to play a game was ridiculous, but eventually I started to get very unconfortable with how sticky and filthy my alcantara wheel was getting with all the sweat, so I started using my mountain biking gloves to sim race and now I can't go back.

So yeah, using gloves for me has nothing to do with immersion... it's all about confort and keeping my wheel clean.

Speak for yourself... It's very hot during most of the year where I live and sim racing makes me sweat like a pig, hands included.
I was.

I wear a pair of Mechanix gloves when using an alcantara wheel, because... expensive. If using the McLaren GT3 rim, anything under an hour is no gloves. Anything longer, the rubber grips start to irritate and callus my hands

Where do you get cheap gloves? I don't have gloves because i think they are just to expensive for sim racing, but a pair of cheap gloves would be perfect.

In any hardware store you can pick some cheap mechanic gloves, or garden gloves. In sports stores you can equally pick some cheap cycling gloves. Otherwise the internet is your friend :) although trying on the gloves first can be beneficial.

yes & I also wear SHOES!
I also wear shoes. I do not understand how people can race with just socks, it just feels weird.

I must admit that I have a pair of "racing shoes". They are a nearly 20 year old pair of Nike slip-on running shoes that I used when doing PT at work. They were so comfortable I kept them to wear around the house if "slippers" were needed and when I started sim racing they were the perfect shoe to wear: they are soft, have rolled heels and the sole is soft enough that I can get a good feel on the pedals.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.