DiRT 2 Colin McRae: DiRT 2

• Russell Dent

I had a simular problem, i had to end up using a older version on games for windows ok i hope that helps.

Bought this game the other day on eBay.

Fired it up this weekend and was having a go when my fiancé said she'd like to try it...
Playing with the pad she soon lost interest and said she just couldn't drive it like that.

Brought the G25 out and plugged it in and now she loves it as much as I do. And she hates videogames!!!!

So, all in all, a good game turned into something special with the wheel.

I do totally agree with you, Kevin, with regards to Colin's name being used for something that is almost totally the opposite in format to the legend himself.
They should called it, Ken Block Dirt 2 - No problem with that naming convention at all...

Rudra, when you say DFGT is that the name of the wheel? Driving Force GT?
I found that the G25 worked fine just plugging it in and going from there.

I just realized that I hadn't the logitech profiler installed so I downloaded it and I cant believe the difference that it makes, I now have a preset for the G25, I even went on-line last night :wink: I took a bit of a beating though but still very much enjoyed it, I just cant believe how good this game is and I nearly didn't bother getting it at all, if any one feels like having a blast at on line racing id be up for that.

Its better than it seems

OK at first i thought this is an ok game as it was just giong to be another rally game, haveing dowloaded the rally cross cars and tracks for r factor and was looking for the same kind of fun . But this takes it to another level (sorry to and r factor die hards ) i cant put it down , and i hated the games like grid and need for speed (graphiclly exerlant ) but to arcadedy, but dirt 2 gets away with it its plays and runs so good bought it through steam used my xbox (sorry for swearing) details and away i went . Got my G25 working good not to much adjustments needed , and there i was slideing round the corner in a anticlockwise dirrection... the online is also great the races last say 3 mins and then a little break before the next event .. ive spent hours learning tracks setting up my cars for a good night raceing online only to be punted off at the first corner so now useually just race with freinds and still love gtr gtr2 there so hard to play well and kind of feel as if theve made raceon to easy (not that im an expert) so here i am with dirt 2 great for when freinds come over and serious enough for me on my own ... come and find me if you want to race (Bamboosha).....

Hmmm my DiRT 2 is undergoing a serious Steam Upgrade at the moment.

DiRT2 Patch Change Notes

Bug Fixes

Graphics

• Shadow quality setting of “low” is now correctly saved instead of resetting to “medium” Combinations of both high resolutions and high MSAA levels have been restricted on graphics cards with low memory to prevent issues found with those settings
• Added missing function key icons
• Fixed several lighting artefacts in night races
• Fixed missing initial load screen on multi-GPU setups under DX11
• Alt+Tab and Alt+Enter are now better supported under DX11
• Benchmark mode now correctly applies custom settings
• Fixed missing text in benchmark mode pause menu
• Fixed a crash when changing multisampling mode
• Fixed flickering text on stats screen in network mode
• Improved image sharpness in DX9
• Fixes to improve NVIDIA 3D Vision support
• Better default graphics options are chosen when running the game for the first time with a GeForce 8400 GS

Audio

• Fixed an issue where replay music would suddenly cut in when navigating a replay at very slow speeds
• Ensured that OpenAL is properly shut down when exiting the game using Alt+F4
• Prevented reverb cutting in and out abruptly on the Utah tracks

Gameplay

• Fixed player being able to drive through the ground on the Rewang Trailblazer track
• Fixed wall-riding on Battersea routes
• Bug-fixes for LA Stadium, Malaysia Rally and Baja Rally tracks

General

• Fixed a rare crash during the loading sequence
• Fixed an issue in the Russian language version where the default player name is missing from the one-to-watch sequence
• Fixed an issue where loading and saving would fail if multiple controllers were connected
• Fixed a crash which could occur when entering the first race using a motion platform

Changes

• Removed 16x quality coverage sampled anti-aliasing support
• Added support for MS Sidewinder Force-Feedback USB Wheel
• Added support for Logitech Driving Force USB Wheel
• Added support for Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 USB controller
• Machines with 6 cores will now use the 4-core worker map rather than the single core map

Optimisations

• Optimised shadow rendering
• Optimised CPU performance on machines with SMT and multiple cores
• Improvements to frame-rate fluidity and triple-buffering support

Once it goes live the game should automatically update with the new patch when you start it up via Steam or GFWL.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back