RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry david but i don't agreed we had a WTCC race at cadwell and few months with a full grid with very few problems. if we was to change the track a good one would be the short silverstone track i have just done a race there and it is hard to overtake but very wide (just a thought)

Guys,Dave,i'v made some laps around Cadwell circuit and i really think that it's too small for a full grid with those mini freaks and for a first race with this mode,i don't think it's the proper track.It's not large,it's quite hard and also the mod deserves a more popular and great track than this.

Who's with me?....this is my opnion,if we all agree maybe we can change,we can also have a vote session,watch'a say? :D

The USA guys are running touring cars round here, and i bet my botom dollar it will be fast cleana nd competitive. This car is gona be awesome round here.

Qualification:
Great lucky lap with traffic saw the yellow bird take pole :)

Race 1:
Another shocking start, but not as bad as Sebring :rolleyes: saw me into 2nd defending the line then settled in and Hugo made a mistake I took the lead and just carried it home :D

Race 2:
8th on the grid, a few accidents ahead saw me into 3rd quite early on, there I sat watched Hugo and Dan battle and decided to have a go at Hugo under the bridge, he was too good on the brakes so dropped back, he then overtook Dan, I followed a lap or 2 later and then settled into 2nd as he was just pulling away, I had no answer :(

Great event, thanks Hugo! Would love a copy of your set-up though :tongue:

Chris

Really nice event with a good mix of cars, that Aston Martin sounds just like a wrath fighter in full attack mode. I went with the C6R and qualified near the back with a mid 19 and was impressed with some of the times that where going up!

Race 1, I got a big boost by staying out of trouble and was up to 6th behind Eric D after lap1, Eric made a little mistake into chapel and I got by for 5th. After that, I kept up a good pace trying make an impression on Jarrod, but could not seem to do anything to bring the gap down!. Around mid race Adam Vaughan caught up and after a lap or 2, I had to let him go as Jarrod was pulling away from us. Several laps later Adam caught Jarrod and that battle came back to me, but was not able to gain any advantage and finished 6th. Nice driving guys, and congratulation to Jesper, Yves and Will.

Race 2, starting in reverse order I was careful off the line as there was more traffic to contend with obviously, went thought the first several corners side by side with Glenn Peterson but felt I was far enough ahead to tighten my line a bit entering Chapel? onto the straight, unfortunately Glenn was still there and we bumped sending him onto the grass. Very sorry Glenn, I took a look at the replay and it does look like I made a more aggressive move than intended, with the end result being Eric N also had to run wide as Glenn was recovering. Once again, apologies to both of you. (and perhaps this would be a good time to ask if there is a way to force on both side view and virtual mirrors)

Later in the lap exiting Club I was collected in and unrelated incident and fell back to 11th or 12th. Mid race, Will began gaining ground and eventually overtook me in a nice fight for 8th, finished 9th. Congratulations to Helder, Keith and Sam and also Larry, who managed to finish despite distractions ( X2)
Sounds like a happy ending!

Thanks Eric, really enjoyed this one.

Race 1 I win 2 little hit and kiss the wall on a grid LOL damage car and punctured wheel go in pit and return on track in last position :-(
push how many possible and finish 15th (think)

Race 2 start from back and after one lap Im in 11th position from here great battle with Stepan and Nick for the 8th place after arrived Martijn but after T12 touch the grass and spin (sry for little hit Martijn ) lost 3 or 4 positions,after this I found Dave nice chase but look my fuel too low
missing about 3 Litres :frown: go in pit and win last position eheheh

congrat to Podium and All Drivers

Thanks Hugo and RD for event:)

Race 1 was a disaster. Stepan span on the exit of turn 1, and i just didnt see him in the cloud of smoke/dust. Pitted, ran 2nd to last till the last lap where i span and finished last of the finishers.

Race 2 was much better. Had a good start, upto 8th, had a great little battle with Valerio and a few others. Notably James Fellows - when i overtook you back, that wasnt intentional lol. Just braked very late, just about stopped in time for the corner, but you gave me room. The next 2 or so laps was great fun as we traded places, with no contact at all, gave each other racing room, was great fun. Same with Carl and Dave (who nearly wiped my nose off lol - you just missed me, you'll have to try harder next time ;) ) towards the end. Just about hung onto 9th.

:)

I was amazed when I got 4:th place in qualy. :) Not what I expected.

A good start but an untimely bump made me go off track in T1 and fall back some places. Made it some of it up and got James behind me. He raced good and we changed places a couple of times when I made mistakes and he got unlucky, but he emerged on top. I got 5:th.

4:th again on the grid and not faster off line. But this time things didn't go against me and I got second place. Made it 1:st with a move after the back straight. Hugo got behind me but I managed to hold on a couple of laps before he made it passed. Same thing (but fewer laps) with Chris. This put me in 3:rd which I held to the line.

Nice racing all, and it felt good to take my first podium in a while :)
Thx for the organising and racing Hugo.

edit: saw on the replay that we got 4 wide at the start of race 2. :tongue: Nice to do that without incident.

I know guys,i'v raced there with WTCC also and i took 1st and 2nd place,it's a great track for me,but i am afraig about the wide of the track and nothing else. A Brands Hatch it's a good option for me,i'v made there 10 laps and it's great :)

I've tested other tracks, and there will be more of these events to come, expect to see some default R07 tracks in the mix.

As for Cadwell, we've raced it in just about everything and it seems to have a habit of bringing brilliant racing. It offers some areas where technical drivers can find time and others where cars can slide and stretch there legs. I picked it because it has something for eveyone and going by the past events should make for a memorable debut for the clios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back