RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualifying: Managed, with a 1:20.something, to not qualify dead last. I'd hoped from practice that I'd only be a couple of seconds off the pole pace...but I wasn't. Some of those times you all posted made my jaw drop.

Race 1: Didn't leap off the line, as I spun at the start during last week's Mosport race and didn't want to repeat the experience. Turned out to be a good thing as I worked my way through the chaos and ended up in 11th, then 9th, then 7th thanks to offs. I knew I wouldn't be able to hold everyone I passed like that off, but I resolved to maintain the best position I could as long as I could while still driving a bit conservatively...I don't need any more DNF's this month.

Spent a couple of laps chasing Eric D. and Phillip, with Sam coming up behind me. Sam passes me, and we bump, though at the time I wasn't sure if we'd touched or if he'd got a wheel off the track and spun. I kept going for a second until deciding to err on the side of caution, when I slowed down and started to pull off the track. I don't think I was completely stopped when Sam whizzed past me again. By that time I was in position 10 and gunned it, trying not to lose any more.

I end up back in position 8 when Eric D. and Glenn go off track. Lonely race for a bit here until I nearly come up on Sam again after he catches some sand. This gives me someone to chase; I don't come anywhere near catching him and eventually he leaves me completely behind, but it was fun for awhile.

It's about at the midpoint when I have a very minor off due to an out of game circumstance. My SO returns home from doing something with her best friend, and has brought her best friend along with her. As they enter the house, the dog also comes in, and since she loves her daddy dearly, races over, nearly hops into my lap, spills my tea, and generally creates chaos where there had been order. Unable to fend off my canine friend due to my reluctance to let go of the wheel, I rely on my SO and the best friend to do so.

Unfortunately, both are aware of my easily diverted attention span and, after shooing the dog, proceed to do their best to distract me. Normally I don't mind being hugged by two women simultaneously and encourage some of the other distractions they, giggling at me, proceed to employ.

Somehow, despite all this, I keep control of my virtual car, probably because I had another long stretch to myself. But Glen is coming up behind me and catches up about 2/3rd of the way through the race. We trade paint a little bit in a couple of corners, and I seem to lose him, probably because he was tussling with Helder who comes up on me very quickly after he gets by Glen.

I hold Helder off for one or two laps (getting a cut-track warning in the process as he manages to make me nervous), but he gets by when I brake much too conservatively just prior to the chicane before the pit straight...and he's pretty much gone. I stayed within sight of him, barely, until the end of the race, which I finish in 9th place.

Race 2 report to follow tomorrow, as again, I must be up early. Very proud of my race here because I had no major offs, and managed to do it despite being mauled by a overly affectionate hound and flirted with severely.

Had great fun yesterday.....

Had a poor quali time so started 13th orso.

1 race was a hell, hit one slightly and make him spin of,
so waited for him......so i'm last of the field again ( story of my life :tongue: )
With hard fighting got back to 11th....

Race 2 i started as 11th, made a good start and took some places in T1.
Just kept the car on track without any errors and finished 6th.......

Compliments to all drivers, i had some great and fair battles all eve.

RD and HH
Thanks again for great event

See Ya All Next Time At The PSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements