ClearGT: Transparent Car Previews

Misc ClearGT: Transparent Car Previews 1.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey man, just a heads-up that the latest CSP preview (preview346) affects the end result of making previews through CSP in regards to the lighting using your Encrypted settings.

This was intiially tested on Black (what I normally use), but on Dark it causes the background colour to no longer match up with the Dark theme for Content Manager. Haven't tested Light.

When I reverted back to preview218, it appeared as intended again.

Left photo is preview218, Right photo is preview346.

Attachments

• CSP 1.80-preview218.jpg
    CSP 1.80-preview218.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 59
  • CSP 1.80-preview346.jpg
    CSP 1.80-preview346.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hey man, just a heads-up that the latest CSP preview (preview346) affects the end result of making previews through CSP in regards to the lighting using your Encrypted settings.

This was intiially tested on Black (what I normally use), but on Dark it causes the background colour to no longer match up with the Dark theme for Content Manager. Haven't tested Light.

When I reverted back to preview218, it appeared as intended again.

Left photo is preview218, Right photo is preview346.

Just wanted to update this post from a month ago with something I've discovered.
The change may be partially attributed to CSP taking Tone Mapping into consideration when being used for final preview renders.

I switched the Tone Mapping type from "Filmic" (how it was set before) to "Reinhard (Filmic)" and the end result is now VERY similar to how it appeared before, though just ever so slightly brighter in comparison.

New image attached alongside a re-up of the preview218 shot for easier comparisons.

Attachments

• preview218.jpg
    preview218.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 49
  • preview346 reinhard (filmic).jpg
    preview346 reinhard (filmic).jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 43
Just wanted to update this post from a month ago with something I've discovered.
The change may be partially attributed to CSP taking Tone Mapping into consideration when being used for final preview renders.

I switched the Tone Mapping type from "Filmic" (how it was set before) to "Reinhard (Filmic)" and the end result is now VERY similar to how it appeared before, though just ever so slightly brighter in comparison.

New image attached alongside a re-up of the preview218 shot for easier comparisons.
Interesting! I'll take a look, thanks for that!

Writing to ask for permission to put up a tweaked version of this ingenious mod. Changed the camera angle to be more like the original Kunos previews, removed the reflections on the showroom "floor", and the custom cubemap, as it wasn't working well with the new angle and colors were too dim on the passenger side and the hood.
Attaching image to show what the previews look like, currently baking all my cars using it:

angle.jpg

use CSP for showroom + encrypted ClearGT, is not rendering the first two skins in any car. Is there a fix for this?

I'm on a Gen5 M.2, so it should not be my SSD...

EDIT... it suddenly started working! I removed the use the optimized Yarbis pass feature just added to the pure/CM/CSP.

Last edited:
Somehow, my previews don't have the mirror-like reflection that yours shows here regardless of which preset I use.
Interesting. I'll re-download them and will do some investigation, just in case something had changed between the upload and what I use.

Edit: I realised that those photos were old, and the reflections had indeed changed. Now that you mention it, the clearer ones look a little better. I'll release an update soon, but feel free to tweak the preview to one that suits your style.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'll re-download them and will do some investigation, just in case something had changed between the upload and what I use.

Edit: I realised that those photos were old, and the reflections had indeed changed. Now that you mention it, the clearer ones look a little better. I'll release an update soon, but feel free to tweak the preview to one that suits your style.
I've found the problem. When I downgraded from Custom Shaders Patch 0.2.3-preview1 to 0.1.79, the floor is all nice and shiny again. So the problem is with CSM 0.1.80 and above.

Last edited:
Great work, just a few notes/questions I have:
- As discussed above, the background colour no longer matches up. I've only tested the Dark version as that is the one I used, but I had to make some very slight adjustments to the background to get it to match up.
- I noticed you didn't have the Kunos/brand icons on the cars; how is that achieved? Is it as simple as just going into where the app data is and deleting all the icons?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.