ClearGT: Transparent Car Previews

Misc ClearGT: Transparent Car Previews 1.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Geraint Thomas updated ClearGT: Transparent Car Previews with a new update entry:

Version 1.04 - New preview

• Added new instructions on how to apply thumbnails to all cars with no 'old preview' errors.
  • Added 'Option 02' which is more of a side-on look, for all previews.

hNRz0bL.png

WqYbEmk.png

z0O0OJu.png

3jOzAWq.png

hHp2rV2.png

i8laEj2.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

btw, it's now possible to create previews for encrypted cars with this option:

View attachment 675961

Before (non encrypted):
View attachment 675964
After (non enrypted):
View attachment 675965

Before (encrypted):
View attachment 675966
After (encrypted):
View attachment 675967

Just the lighting is slightly different!

It's what I am using for all the cars actually, but the lighting really bothers me and the background doesn't match at 100% the Dark Theme with that option enabled, and it ends up triggering my OCD lol.

I hope that Geraint can find a way to "make it compatible" with this option in the future and be able to have the same quality in the previews, because they seem to me, by far, the best previews avaliable.

Last edited:
It's what I am using for all the cars actually, but the lighting really bothers me and the background doesn't match at 100% the Dark Theme with that option enabled, and it ends up triggering my OCD lol.

I hope that Geraint can find a way to "make it compatible" with this option in the future and be able to have the same quality in the previews, because they seem to me, by far, the best previews avaliable.
I would, but I still don't have the option available. It's a bit odd...

I would, but I still don't have the option available. It's a bit odd...
I think it's a CSP feature but I'm not sure at all. Anyways I'm using:

CSP 0.1.80-preview218
CM 0.8.2561.39678
Pure v0.190 (I don't think this is relevant but it doesn't hurt anybody listing it too)

If I'm not wrong I think it's a feature it was recently added when the preview218 was relased.

@Geraint Thomas thanks for these. Just having a play with both normal and encrypted versions and it seems that the dark encrypted theme needs compensating so that the background blends in with the CM dark background. At the moment it's too dark.
The normal dark previews blend perfectly, it's just the encrypted version that needs adjustment.

@Geraint Thomas thanks for these. Just having a play with both normal and encrypted versions and it seems that the dark encrypted theme needs compensating so that the background blends in with the CM dark background. At the moment it's too dark.
The normal dark previews blend perfectly, it's just the encrypted version that needs adjustment.
Now that is strange. Currently, mine blends in perfectly. It uses your CSP render settings to generate the image, so I guess everyone's is going to be different. I'll have a play around, see what I can do.

any chance you could do the same but with the front of the car to the right?
I tried myself but I failed with the lights and to find the correct camera spot

Now that is strange. Currently, mine blends in perfectly. It uses your CSP render settings to generate the image, so I guess everyone's is going to be different. I'll have a play around, see what I can do.
Thank you for this feature. I had the same as the other dude said, the encrypted dark versions have a little darker background than the CM theme. I adjusted the scene brightness to 49% and scene-background color (B to 20%) and that seems to match nicely. Not perfect, but not triggering. :)

So for non-encrypted cars, I turn off the "use CSP for Final render" and use the dark-preset which is like fine art.
And for encrypted cars I turn ON "use CSP for final render" and use dark-encrypted preset (with my brightness adjustment). Which is 99% perfect.

Last edited:
@Geraint Thomas , thank you again. I couldn't decide between the front or side view. So I ended up using the camera position from the original kunos. (this is short explaination, the adventure to get there was long and troublesome). Now I have my own preset very much inspired by your "mod". I have absolutely no idea how I got to the settings I have now, but I can use it for both the encrypted and non-ecrypted cars. (using the csp render function). I did away entirely with ground reflection. They almost look like stickers on my screen. I'm really glad I finally decided to try your creation. Excellent job!

Attachments

• Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    652.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Untitled4.png
    Untitled4.png
    501.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals