rF2 Classic Formula 3 @ Monaco - Wednesday May 23rd 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Christian, Peter, and I managed to pull off a race. Unfortunately, Christian didn't last too long. Peter managed to find a pit box when he had to pit; I never could find one. Luckily for me I didn't need it during the race and managed to do the whole thing without hitting anything. A first for me! Dave Coyne's Putnam Park setup worked really well here after some gear adjustments, mostly to 4th and 5th.

Wow, thrills and spills, I didn't know that This track was so much fun. I think Jim holds the record for lapping me.

I don't know what happened to Christian. There was a point when he was behind me and I didn't realise. I don't expect anyone to be there that early in the race:confused:

We had a spill but I hope it was not due to my poor driving. If it was please let me know.

Both Jim and Christian were very fast. I can't understand why more people are not racing these cars. Maybe when ISI gives us an update

Sorry Peter for "pushing" you on the way up the hill. I was too excited and I think I was running wide anyway so I had little time to react.

I had a good start but I spun out in the final corner before the tunnel and let Peter by.
Afterwards I T-boned Peter at the top of the hill, sorry! I let you by since I wasn't sure if I caused you damage.

My car wasn't 100% after that because I somehow got into a tank slapper right after the tunnel and flipped over and killed my engine.

It was tons of fun though and hopefully we can get a 5+ grid after the official launch of rFactor (I might have to reduce my graphics though).

There seems to be some key differences between the Eve and Spark (Eve has better handling, Spark better acceleration).

Thanks for the fun, and it was cool watching Jim and Peter keeping on to the finish. :thumbsup:

I'm not fast (AI is insanely fast compared to me). I just try to get a comfortable setup and be consistent. Apparently I didn't get enough practice in this time (1-2 hours is barely enough for a track).

I still can't figure out if alt+tabbing works consistently because that's why I left without comment, sorry!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back