rF2 Classic Formula 3 @ Belgium 1966 - Sunday January 15, 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
How do the replays now work in rF2?,i went to check out the replay of the start after recieving a rather nasty remark about my conduct from the start through Eau Rouge?,the files i have are all dated and labelled but there is no actual race and start replay saved,a setting need changed?.
Or maybe someone make a little clip of the start so i can be educated a bit on conduct and etiquette stuff,i feel i done absolutely done nothing wrong there,i even had to back out of my slightly better start than the guy ahead or face being squeezed to the grass on the left,from then on for me its just a case of pick a path,dont touch anything,and if going past,leave a bit of room,i felt i ticked all those boxes?.
But yea...the first 8mins for me were some of thee best fun in a long time in a sim race,almost nothing between 3 cars,i agree it would be fun to ramp up the power a bit to F2,then some day....all out F1 :D.

Thank you Bram & RD

looked like Pole was speeding so fast through T1, can't you drivers just take it easy in T1? jeez, people don't win a race in T1 it's how you lose and make the race unenjoyable for others....afterall this is fun :)

mistakes happen but it did look like 1st was going a tad to fast?

Everything was going fine until Quali,where coming out of La Source, the game slowed right up all down the main straight until I crashed at Eau Rouge so I set no time.

In the race I made a decent start. Sat in behind the car in front on the left but got whacked up the rear by Scott. He waited whilst I sorted myself out (thanks) and got going but halfway up the road, the track was blocked. I think I counted 13 cars off there (appaulling really). I made my way through it and went down the next straight following the car in front past a slower moving car who then moved into the side of my car. After doing a triple somersault with pike, I managed to get going and overtook a few others who went off until I hit a haybail and went off. Rejoined slowly but couldn't see what was coming so held it as close to the wall as I could. Unfortunately, someone came in a bit hot and slammed into the back of me (sorry whoever that was). I waited but no sign of the car so I carried on only to hit a signpost and got stuck in the fence.

Thanks Bram and RD.

Well, despite my starting 5th, I managed to end up 12th..all my own fault, every lap but one I manged to go wide left at the bend about a mile from the pit straight.... e.g. apart from the early ones wher you have to change down, THE one you HAVE to slow down for... made it OK on lap 3 or 4....but on the last lap with less than 30 seconds to go on the timer I ended up clipping a telegraph pole and finished my race in the ditch pointing to the sky with no way out.... but a great experience any way.

Luckily, due to my forefront position, I missed all the 'hay rouge' incidents from the grid, only meeting the bails in the middle of it on the second lap... managed to miss them all every lap though, quite to my suprise :)

I'm a cautious driver, so no suprise when I got overtaken many times.

Looking forward to the next round, but as a racing newcomer to this community, I'd just like to put my balls on the line and risk a slate or two for the good of the masses.....Rf2 in it's current release is a (pre demo) beta, released so that modders can add much value to our whole community... it's nowhere near the end package and people aren't used to the feel and realism of this amazing game so some slack is needed to be cut on occasion to those that mess up, surely noone deliberately knocks another off, it's just unfamiliarity and a learning curve that we all have to get through, some are more gifted than others at picking up new tricks. I'm the first to admit that I'm getting closer to being an old dog, so I get that, we all have to start somewhere!

It's been a fun few evenings, both Friday and tonight over all, and I hope that acceptance will be forth coming within RD for myself and the newcomers alike, there are going to be lots of new arrivals at RD's doorstep when rF2 becomes a demo and then to release so be prepared and please don't be so quick to judge, moan and slate. It's upsetting to not be able to finish (or even start), it's damn right annoying to be knocked out by another, but patience is the key.... given time we can all have fun once we are accustomed to the ride!

Sorry if I have barged in on the RD community, but from what I have seen on track, on forum and in TS you are ALL a great bunch of potential friends, but I can see negativity creeping in with rF2 already and it bugs me that this has happened so soon after release of this (pre demo) beta. I get upset quickly sometimes, I'm sure we all can, but this is a new sim, all brand new, so I'm happy to speak out and accept the feedback.

Thanks once again for some great fun!

Sorry if I have barged in on the RD community, but from what I have seen on track, on forum and in TS you are ALL a great bunch of potential friends, but I can see negativity creeping in with rF2 already and it bugs me that this has happened so soon after release of this (pre demo) beta. I get upset quickly sometimes, I'm sure we all can, but this is a new sim, all brand new, so I'm happy to speak out and accept the feedback.

Don't worry about barging in, RD is an open community for all to join in.

The point you raised about the conduct on track, with negativity creeping in is a fair point. I think it's a case of the admin being a little easy on the community, being a new sim added to that the framerate issues that are causing problems for a few. It feels a bit like a "honeymoon" period, but there does come a time when something needs to be done.

I don't think Bram could have been any more clear at the start of the race. He clearly typed a message in the chat box before the start asking people to take it easy in T1 off the start. Some people will listen and some wont, but don't worry, if things continue people will start filing complaints to the admin and they will see that the right punishment is handed out if required.

I can honestly say that I haven't really experienced any bad vibes or negativity in the time I've been driving at RD, and I'm sure the admins will make sure is the case in the future.

looked like Pole was speeding so fast through T1, can't you drivers just take it easy in T1? jeez, people don't win a race in T1 it's how you lose and make the race unenjoyable for others....afterall this is fun :)

mistakes happen but it did look like 1st was going a tad to fast?

Well, sorry if my driving isn´t up to the standards sometimes.

But in this case my replay shows a whole different affair!
No contact was made with any trackside objects from the frontrunners in Eau Rouge. And noy hay bales were flying around as a consequence to block the course for the following cars.

Great fun race really enjoyed it!!!

We all had some contacts and off runs but it was part of the fun I think!

The best part for me was in the end of the race as I was wheel to wheel with Frank!!
Two awesome moment in a left-hander were the highlight for me!!
And ofcourse the last hairpin :p !!!

Fantastic night it was thanks for it all !

I have to say that I am seriously disappointed with all of the RF2 club events I have participated in since I purchased the game. Of course there are a lot of excuses people could use. The game is new. The cars are difficult to drive. The competition is unfamiliar. Of course these are all mitigating factors and may have some validity. But every event I have been part of there were several restarts just because of turn one incidents. This formula 3 race was the same except no more restarts.

It seems that without the old incident system that we had that suspended people's licenses for arcade style driving, that Race Department racing clubs, especially the new RF2 has become just one big passworded public server. I sincerely hope that some type of post to help bring people back in line or better yet bring back incidents and suspensions. It has gotten to the point where I only want to join league events and even there the standards have been way below where they were when I first joined Race Department with the ranking system and the infraction system.

I certainly think while the ranking system made people try harder, however, I feel it was mitigated by the infraction system. I thought the infraction system was very effective as of posted people's names, the incident they were involved in, and the severity of the penalty. After people got one or two they toned it down for fear of public ridicule and removal of the racing license.

I hope that Bram and R&D staff and administration seriously consider doing what it takes to implement another effective penalty system. We all do silly things because this is Sim racing and not real life, however we are trying to "simulate" real-life racing. In real life there usually aren't first-turn pileups five races out of five, and if there were there would be serious penalties being handed out.

I'm sure there are several solutions. I welcome draconian type penalties for people who don't respect Race Department is a site for people who are wanting to compete against other drivers and a fair, respectful, and realistic racing environment.

Specifically for the new RF2 racing club... If you can't do the race distance without your car leaving the track surface if you were driving on your own, in two out of three racing simulations, you need more practice and are not ready to race with other people. Lining up on a grid to make it three corners and end up in a hay field may be fun for you, but not for your competitors, and it's certainly not "racing".

I hope that many will get my point. Just because it's a club event I don't think it's fair or the intention of Race Department for people to line up on the grid to "race" who couldn't do two laps without flying off the track by themselves. Real racers keep their car on the track at least 90% of the time. (more like 99% in reality)

I sincerely hope that my comment stimulates not only serious discussion and though, t but also some action, especially from the Race Department staff. The current example being set and exhibited in the RF2 club events isn't in line with what I think the majority of people signed up for license at Race Department for, which is good clean fair racing!

Disclaimer:This post is not a rant! It is a serious attempt to get people to consider what it means to hold a racing license, virtual or otherwise! Any serious racer looking at replays of most of the club events that take place on RD would laugh at usif we were to call this a sport or tell them we had to apply for a license to do this.
This is not the way it should be...Race Department is supposed to blur the line between virtual and real motorsport!

I'm trying to watch the replay of the race but I can see only the car that I have the camera on, no other cars are around.
Anybody knows how to fix it?
Or it's just the rF2 beta issue

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back