rF2 Classic Formula 3 @ Belgium 1966 - Sunday January 15, 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
T1 has only really got 1 line, so if people think you can get 2 cars though there you will be sadly mistaken! These cars slide so there is no room for 2 cars.
Can i recommend single file through T1 and then let the racing begin after that?

Didn't miss much as it was mayhem at the start, approaching public server status, cars and hay flipping through the air, not what you expect at RD. Shame, i was well off the pace anyway, only started praccy today but got a good start and thought i had managed to escape all the mayhem before some car just came from nowhere and took me out. I use manual clutch and couldn't work out how to restart the engine.

Shame.

It was fun while it lasted, after having to start 20th i rolled slowly into T1 and dodged all the cars and found myself in 8th i think. Then after everyone infront crashed i found myself fighting for 2nd. Then the guy (sorry didnt see who it was) hit a wall near end of lap and it launched me over the barrier...

Luckily i found a way back onto the track and was back in 6th, slowly closing in on 4th and 5th who were battling when i hit a post sat in the road and got stuck on a fence :confused:

Will look out for future events with the F3 as they are mega fun :cool:

that was a awesome race, thanks to everyone who stayed to the finish, whether you we're 2+laps down or not.

adam, im truly story for that big nudge at the start of the race, it truly wasn't intended,my lack of judgement made me brake late :(

Quite enjoyable tonight. Got a shunt from behind in T1 as I slowed to avoid the carnage. The shunt spun me around and I think I fell back to about 15th. Somehow managed to stay on track and avoid anything else for the rest of the race. Kept passing cars at the side of the road and managed to finish 3rd in the end. Cheers to all who took part. :)

Great fun as always, horrid T1 mess, I had backed off a little, thought I had missed it all then Wham! a Red car just appeared sideways lol. So from 11th back to 21st and I begin the fight! Lots of fun battling although it did get quiet mid way. Overall pleased with my 6th place and GOD these cars are fun :)

You Gotta Love RD :D

Was good fun once got passed t1 would have been alot better had everyone made up safley, i didnt really race near anyone for most of race just dodging spun cars, those hay stacks :mad: lol cyas next event thanks everyone, Bram and RD :)

How do the replays now work in rF2?,i went to check out the replay of the start after recieving a rather nasty remark about my conduct from the start through Eau Rouge?,the files i have are all dated and labelled but there is no actual race and start replay saved,a setting need changed?.
Or maybe someone make a little clip of the start so i can be educated a bit on conduct and etiquette stuff,i feel i done absolutely done nothing wrong there,i even had to back out of my slightly better start than the guy ahead or face being squeezed to the grass on the left,from then on for me its just a case of pick a path,dont touch anything,and if going past,leave a bit of room,i felt i ticked all those boxes?.
But yea...the first 8mins for me were some of thee best fun in a long time in a sim race,almost nothing between 3 cars,i agree it would be fun to ramp up the power a bit to F2,then some day....all out F1 :D.

Thank you Bram & RD

Thanx for the race guys, had lots of fun. Too bad I made so many offs taht I dropped a lap. :p Luckily I didn't finish behind the fence. :D

In lap 2 or 3 there was a car parked in "hay rouge" and to avoid it I had to go wide, a pack of hay stayed on me for at least 500m before it came of my car, might have scared a driver or two. Sorry about that! :p

Thanx again for the race guys!

Gary, sorry again for the contact we made which ended your race unfortunately!

In the heat of the moment I was caught a bit by a surprise when you slightly had to lift so Bram and you could make it through that corner. The blame for that accident is on me!

Until then I agree, the close racing between us was brilliant.

Had a very close battle afterwards with Jim to the finish line. Good and clean racing with him!

How do the replays now work in rF2?,i went to check out the replay of the start after recieving a rather nasty remark about my conduct from the start through Eau Rouge?,the files i have are all dated and labelled but there is no actual race and start replay saved,a setting need changed?.
Or maybe someone make a little clip of the start so i can be educated a bit on conduct and etiquette stuff,i feel i done absolutely done nothing wrong there,i even had to back out of my slightly better start than the guy ahead or face being squeezed to the grass on the left,from then on for me its just a case of pick a path,dont touch anything,and if going past,leave a bit of room,i felt i ticked all those boxes?.
But yea...the first 8mins for me were some of thee best fun in a long time in a sim race,almost nothing between 3 cars,i agree it would be fun to ramp up the power a bit to F2,then some day....all out F1 :D.

Thank you Bram & RD
Looks like you hit the hay which sent it onto the track which caused the pileups, looks like you and 2nd were also warping all over the place. Will post a vid

Thanks Lee,ive always felt something through the wheel with even the slightest touch on those bails,but felt nothing there,i remeber keeping as far left as i dare to leave enough room for the car to my right side,but again...nothing felt at my end and seemed like i always remained clear of bailsville...

@Frank,forget it m8,it was a tricky situation,i had to leave some room as you said,i remember backing out of a run at that same turn the lap previous for fear of bad outcomes....but no worries,see you again for more.

@Lee,it says your vid is private...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years