AC Classic DTM @ Sebring International - Wednesday 15th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I’m in please... BMW...
Hi Sean, first you need to become a Premium Member - you can find the 'Premium' link on the left hand side navigation bar.

If you do decide to join, please read the opening post re showing your real name here, on the server and in TeamSpeak. Hope to see you soon!;)

As John said this is a very difficult circuit to get right, cannot string more than a couple of laps together with the same time. It is the bumpiest circuit I have been on so far.
Always wanted to drive Sebring, so enjoying that bit.
The Alfa does not help much, not exactly a rally car, likes smooth roads.
Not sure about the BMW, assumed more would go for the Merc.:)
I'm loving the track too Ernie, much more so since watching the eSports race here yesterday - the bumps seem very realistic (I think they use rfF2?). Even better was watching the different lines they took through the last corner, found that very helpful after really struggling with it.

I tried the Alfa with std setup and was amazed how good it felt, had a play a long time ago (Bridgehampton I think) and didn't like the understeer, but here it seems really well balanced... 1st thought was, "overtaking one of these on corner exit is a big NO chance" :laugh:

Would have tried the Merc more - thinking the long wheelbase would help on bumps - but can't tell the engine sound apart from my tinnitus:O_o: :p

With Bridgehampton and the Alfa once you took its limitation in to account, it would circulate quite smoothly and a rhythm
sort of followed. Here at Sebring there is a bag of completely different variable for what seems like every corner with the car constantly needing adjustment, wandering in and out of sudden understeer, oversteer.
Bumps on some corner approaches one lap, next lap slightly different approach less bumps. The bumps seem to be spread around the circuit like a choppy sea.
Sounds like a complaint, far from it, really enjoy this very challenging track.:thumbsup:

You have not got Tinnitus too! seems like someone up there is handing out these ailments like confetti to all those over 50 :roflmao: :roflmao:

Welcome Ralf, looks like the rise of the Merc! ;)

....damn, now I've got this song stuck in my head...
"Her mind is Tiffany-twisted
She got the Mercedes Benz, uh
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
That she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard
Sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember
Some dance to forget
" :O_o::laugh:
you can check out anytime you like,
but you can never leave....

...........You have not got Tinnitus too! seems like someone up there is handing out these ailments like confetti to all those over 50 :roflmao: :roflmao:
Haha, yes Ernie, 'maturity' does seem to present some challenges, I'm lucky with hearing birds singing most days, the heavy truck is a bummer, though the occasional Cosworth DFV is a treat, that's when I say to the missus "shh, I'm listening to myself" :p :laugh:

SIGN ME UP TO RACE PLEASE050%.jpg
Alfa fa fa fa plzzzzz my good man.:);):thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes