AC Classic DTM @ Sebring International - Wednesday 15th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Medilloni

I feel like I am bleating on, but spent over an hour on the Server to try and get the best time.
I then went onto my track off-line and immediately 1.5 seconds quicker, seems more like 100Kg.
Just for the book, my times off track were always a bit slower than previously on the Server.
Looking at the times of the Alfa will seem more like a multi class race, we need help to peg them back.

Bleating old git. :(

@Medilloni

I feel like I am bleating on, but spent over an hour on the Server to try and get the best time.
I then went onto my track off-line and immediately 1.5 seconds quicker, seems more like 100Kg.
Just for the book, my times off track were always a bit slower than previously on the Server.
Looking at the times of the Alfa will seem more like a multi class race, we need help to peg them back.

Bleating old git. :(
I'm getting paranoid now...and weird 'cos I set my PB for the Merc with the 10kg ballast:laugh: only did a handful of laps with it, I must try and like it more;)

Quadruple checked the server again and this is the setting:
Capture.JPG

Definitely not me having a senior moment, straight off the Server, straight onto my off line circuit, immediately went 1.5 sec quicker; all conditions set the same, as I said previously, Server and my track were the same before the10k ballast.
Plus do it all the time, 911 Porsche with 30kg and 30% restrictor applied, 1 sec difference.
Will someone else chime in and confirm this either way, a Mercedes driver!

Ps it is only about 15 litres of fuel, that should not make that difference.

Last edited:
I was having a great race this time actually defending my place and overtaking. However, I went wide and on the grass therefore missing the turn (?) and was angry with myself.
I broke the Golden Rule of not looking and took out David Rodriguez. So sorry my friend. Completely my fault. Then I was into last. There I stayed. :cry:

There's definitely some strangeness when braking hard/downshifting with the Merc, but then again I'm usually in the back:laugh:. Heard someone in voice say the same about their BMW after the first race. Speaking of BMW, sorry to the white and black one for the love tap, I don't discriminate:laugh:

Thanks for the race @Medilloni :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Superb nights entertainment chaps, thanks for putting it on. Ernie, its probably no help but the faster I had been practising own with no ballast was in the 21's. I got into the 18's in the race so that doesn't help you.

Had some really close and fair racing tonight and but for a stupid lapse of concentration in each race would have had top 10 finishes. I was picturing a similar race with more than 20 cars taking place in iracing. I doubt there would have been 10 finishers. Some good stuff tonight well done chaps. Bring on the Ladas.

Interesting track! I did some more laps in hotlap mode after the race, and realised how horrifically badly I had mis-read the final turn... wow. Probably over half a second going adrift just in that one turn.

Also, regarding the weirdness with the braking zone variation - whoever said it was the ABS nailed it, I reckon. I mucked around a bit more and found that the BMW is the worst car I have *ever* seen for having rubbish ABS behaviour (the other two cars tonight may be no better of course). During the extra laps I did, I realised that if my braking wasn't quite in a straight line, the stopping distance got massively worse (and the ABS light seemed more active). For sure this effect is always there to some extent in any car but it was so bad in the BMW (with no audible tyre noises) that it totally blindsided me.

Huge congrats to the podium guys, I thought your lap times would be quick, but not that quick! :)

Thanks to all for turning up tonight, first time I tried it I thought it would be a risk (the bumps!), though it's had an almost iconic following IRL and other sims. Maybe it's a Marmite track... must confess I love it... quirky, def not a Tilkodrome, old, and still used despite its inadequacies.

2nd race got punted into the wall at the last corner.. from 6th to last, though I'm not surprised(aka not blaming anyone!)... took a double apex for this one, and everyone else didn't:confused: Still, after hitting the wall head on the car handled surprisingly well:laugh:

Had some great tussles with others, hard but fair racing, considering they're saloons!... thank you;)

I like Sebring myself and really enjoyed the race. Some good battles with Neil and Han. Just couldn't catch Ernie in race two.

I had some weird braking too. What I found was the brakes were fine at start and end but went missing for a lap or two in the middle of both races.
I'm pretty sure I was doing the same thing and braking at same point at end 9f first long straight but just couldn't get it stopped in time once or twice.

Thanks for the race, good tire management in the top 3.
R1: Too bad that i burned my tires when i had to close up to u guys after a stupid mistake in L2.
R2: Tried to keep the tires in good condition for the last laps but than i couldnt find a good pace.

BTW, are there any race stats available now after the race? If Yes where?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back