AC Classic DTM @ Sebring International - Wednesday 15th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I've basically managed to do about 2 unimpressive laps (that didn't get written off) in the BMW myself... The bumpiness of this track is killing me! What am I doing so wrong?
Hiya James, it is a very unusual track in that the bumps are 'a feature' (very much like Bridgehampton), it does reward patience on the throttle (esp the final turn!)

A recent esports event was held here (google it, Jenson Button won, I think it was 'Masters something or other'??) and whatever software they used (rF2 I think) was the same with the bumps. There is a way of driving this place by using unusual lines to miss the worst bumps (last corner before the back straight for example).

I found a vid a couple of days ago that's helped me shave off a lot of time - the first and last corner in particular.... and another two corners with very late apexes etc. You can find it here:

Hope it helps, though try and do this for the fun, the track, and speed will come.

Last edited:
@Medilloni
Should we use BoP's for these? For more even racing.. I remember that we use those when raced these long time ago.
Found these values from old race thread.
View attachment 363221
I totally agree Aki, and thank you :thumbsup: I was looking for some kind of equivalency for the last one at Bridgehampton but couldn't find it. I've tried Sebring with all of them and (at my humble level...) the Alfa is an easy second per lap quicker, and for the next DTM event I'd appreciate the opinion of the quicker guys for your opinion too:thumbsup:

So guys, my apologies for this at such short notice but we're going to run with this BoP for this event (see 1st post for revisions), I hope you can all take it in good faith to find a way to equal these cars out, and maybe review it for the next event based on your feedback.

BoP of:
Alfa: 45kgs
Merc: 10 kgs

BMW: No BoP

Last edited:
Ah yeah, I was trying to remember why the Alfa wasn't OP last time we raced with these. Probably because we had BoP on :)
I remember the race on the Feldbergring (loved that one!) the top speed on the long straight of the Alfa and the Bimmer was quite equal but as I see the lap times now of Alex Moebius with the Alfa on Sebring, the BMW is significantly slower. I have a gap to Alex of more then 5 sec. Normally that is between 1,5 and 2,5. Don't know about the Merc.

Last edited:
Holy crap. I just did my first ever laps of this place, and it has been a hell of a long time since I found a track so hard to learn. Braking markers? Bah, who would need such a thing. Let's just put down some miniscule black After-Eight sized distance markers and that'll be enough, right? :p Some of the corner shapes also keep catching me out...
After 20 laps I was just about starting to work out the lines. I will have to go back and watch that video you linked John! :)

Holy crap. I just did my first ever laps of this place, and it has been a hell of a long time since I found a track so hard to learn. Braking markers? Bah, who would need such a thing. Let's just put down some miniscule black After-Eight sized distance markers and that'll be enough, right? :p Some of the corner shapes also keep catching me out...
After 20 laps I was just about starting to work out the lines. I will have to go back and watch that video you linked John! :)
If I'm honest... that vid lifted my numpty level (we mustn't mention lap times :sneaky: ) by 2 seconds just in the last two corners (on to the straight, and the end of) - the 'dot' marker on the bridge (last corner) is missing but still a good guide. The first corner seems to be; hug the wall and your line plays out to the exit you can't see.

Last edited:
I've probably put in close to 100 laps today and still feel like I am fighting the car at points.

Going to take a look at my setup and that video tomorrow and see if I can dip into the 17's before the race.

BoP? is this some kind of ballast to make up for the fact the Alfa is so ridiculously fast?

If so, how do I set it?

I'm in the Merc.

BoP? is this some kind of ballast to make up for the fact the Alfa is so ridiculously fast?

If so, how do I set it?

Yup, the Alfa is a mighty compared to the Merc and BMW in horses.

We should have an event with the Alfa vs Opel Calibra DTM

And the BoP is already set by the event host :thumbsup:

Yup, the Alfa is a mighty compared to the Merc and BMW in horses.

We should have an event with the Alfa vs Opel Calibra DTM

And the BoP is already set by the event host :thumbsup:

That's ok then, I had some vision of having to go delving into some sub menu to try and ballast my car at that point.

And yes, the Alfa is silly quick in a straight line it seems, comparatively speaking, it also seems to ride the bumps quite well which is doubly annoying.

is the reserve there in case someone backs out? if so count me in ill be in team speak in case someone doesn't show thanks guys
Hi Brandon, you're 1st reserve:thumbsup: Will give you a shout if there's no shows 10 mins into quali. In the meantime if you want to practice, the practice server has the BoP settings applied now:)

Last edited:
I usually reach my low limit then stagnate into a repeatable times, this circuit has me beat, two seconds off my best, cannot sort it with "setup" or "me". As much as I love this circuit, it's like trying to communicate with an Icelandic, leaves you confused.
I want to say not enough practice, practiced this circuit x 10 against my normal attempts.:O_o::(:(:(:(

John, you haven't put half a dozen sacks of cement in the boot.:confused:

+1 from me. Nothing to see but concrete. Was this track an airfield earlier (or a parking lot from Wal-Mart?) Will be interesting tonight for sure :thumbsup:

I usually reach my low limit then stagnate into a repeatable times, this circuit has me beat, two seconds off my best, cannot sort it with "setup" or "me". As much as I love this circuit, it's like trying to communicate with an Icelandic, leaves you confused.
I want to say not enough practice, practiced this circuit x 10 against my normal attempts.:O_o::(:(:(:(

John, you haven't put half a dozen sacks of cement in the boot.:confused:
I thought it felt weird when I 1st went on today Ernie, so much so I went back to server settings to check, but all's good:O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back