AC Classic cars: Lola T70@Meadowdale Raceway, Tue 6th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry again Paul for that big shunt :redface: I should have known with all that tire smoke you were putting up your tires were going :laugh: Awesome racing outside of my lock up! Had some good early lap fights with Steve too

Thank Han for putting this together and everyone for filling up the grid. While they were hard work, I enjoyed this more than the GTO from our last championship. Definitely a +1 for me whenever you run them :thumbsup: .... or other classic cars cough Alfa GTAm mod :p

Congrats to the top drivers, fast pace in such a brute. See you all next race
As I remember I liked the GTam mod. Didn't have great engine sound?
I've tested some new road course which may make a great combo with this car. Or we can use the Alfa for the 24h test race on a @Fat-Alfie track in preparation of the championship this fall.

EDIT: time multiplier 24x of course.

Last edited:
I think it's one of the best sounding cars in AC. Fat Alfie tracks and that car were some of the first things I tried when I got the game. They run great there. Not that road courses aren't good too.

Will have to work on my graphic settings if we run there through the dark :geek:

Last edited:
a very demanding race, 60 minutes on a car that is difficult to control from many points of view (tyres, grip, brakes) it is not easy (especially on a moral level) when you are behind, but I think as Ricardo said that all this is a good experience, learning how to manage such races in terms of concentration, management and physical energy, again thanks to Han for the organization and patience to race on the track with newbies like me.
one last thing, a great advice that I feel like giving and that I received this week: to those who the race goes badly and abandon out of shame to go slow or be last ... DO NOT GIVE UP one day with the right experience we will be faster and competitive

thanks again ...Stef

a very demanding race, 60 minutes on a car that is difficult to control from many points of view (tyres, grip, brakes) it is not easy (especially on a moral level) when you are behind, but I think as Ricardo said that all this is a good experience, learning how to manage such races in terms of concentration, management and physical energy, again thanks to Han for the organization and patience to race on the track with newbies like me.
one last thing, a great advice that I feel like giving and that I received this week: to those who the race goes badly and abandon out of shame to go slow or be last ... DO NOT GIVE UP one day with the right experience we will be faster and competitive

thanks again ...Stef
Hey Stefano!
I know it seems rough and discouraging, but you will get better if you keep at it. You've got the right attitude, don't give up and just try to finish the race like you did. You will learn more from the painful races than you do from the ones that go smoothly. Believe me, I've finished in last place so many times it's not even funny, but I keep at it and have noticed that little by little my skills have improved.

Like others have said many times, we've all been there. I still remember the first race I did here cars were just flying by me like I was standing still. I was seeing constant blue flags starting about 15 minutes into the race. That was a wake up call for sure. I was seriously considering just going back to racing offline until I could build my skills, but the guys here encouraged me to stay and I'm glad I did.

Watch some Youtube videos, practice offline against the AI. Make sure you put in some practice time for the races too, so that you build your knowledge of the track and the cars. Don't be shy about asking for help, set-ups, etc. We're all here to have fun.
See you at the next one.

Hey Stefano!
I know it seems rough and discouraging, but you will get better if you keep at it. You've got the right attitude, don't give up and just try to finish the race like you did. You will learn more from the painful races than you do from the ones that go smoothly. Believe me, I've finished in last place so many times it's not even funny, but I keep at it and have noticed that little by little my skills have improved.

Like others have said many times, we've all been there. I still remember the first race I did here cars were just flying by me like I was standing still. I was seeing constant blue flags starting about 15 minutes into the race. That was a wake up call for sure. I was seriously considering just going back to racing offline until I could build my skills, but the guys here encouraged me to stay and I'm glad I did.

Watch some Youtube videos, practice offline against the AI. Make sure you put in some practice time for the races too, so that you build your knowledge of the track and the cars. Don't be shy about asking for help, set-ups, etc. We're all here to have fun.
See you at the next one.
Great post, Dominic! And your performance was excellent yesterday! Congratulations!

Great race apart from 1st corner 1st lap,Thomas outbraked himself hit my rear end which spun me into oncoming traffic,nothing i could do so rejoined at the back,kudos for waiting Thomas,had some nice battles climbing back up to the front,Hank was warping like crazy,couple times caught me off guard,nearly a passenger in Pauls car at 1 point...Was hoping to give Laurent a good run,his pace was great,but was,nt to be,so ended up 3rd,which concidering i was last at 1 point i will take..Great car especially when u take the rear wing off and make it power sliiiiiiide...Fantastic combo Han,well done to the newbies for sticking with it,not an easy car to learn on,but you get more experience driving cars like these than the boring GT3,s...We need an Alfa GTa night Han around this track...If any guys are racing Weds night c u there...

Great race apart from 1st corner 1st lap,Thomas outbraked himself hit my rear end which spun me into oncoming traffic,nothing i could do so rejoined at the back,kudos for waiting Thomas,had some nice battles climbing back up to the front,Hank was warping like crazy,couple times caught me off guard,nearly a passenger in Pauls car at 1 point...Was hoping to give Laurent a good run,his pace was great,but was,nt to be,so ended up 3rd,which concidering i was last at 1 point i will take..Great car especially when u take the rear wing off and make it power sliiiiiiide...Fantastic combo Han,well done to the newbies for sticking with it,not an easy car to learn on,but you get more experience driving cars like these than the boring GT3,s...We need an Alfa GTa night Han around this track...If any guys are racing Weds night c u there...
Yeah, too bad about that T1 incident, I was looking forward to our tussle..

Interesting about the rear wing. I was pretty much on default setup myself (1 click less front ARB) and didn't try any wing changes.

Shoutout to Jason for finishing P2 overall in the slower car!

Hey Stefano!

See you at the next on

Hey Stefano!

See you at the next one.
Thanks Dominic for the nice words, that's exactly what I'm going to do, run run run, the more I practice the more I'll improve and as you say, however disheartening it is a passage we all have to go through, I'm really grateful to be part of such a group , thanks to all guys see you next time

Thanks Dominic for the nice words, that's exactly what I'm going to do, run run run, the more I practice the more I'll improve and as you say, however disheartening it is a passage we all have to go through, I'm really grateful to be part of such a group , thanks to all guys see you next time
Hey Stefano,
I just wanted to add that you did a great job in keeping going. Those cars were not easy and while the track is a good one it has many places to catch out the unwary with many off camber corners an so easy to go wide.
As has been said above, we have all been there and it can be disheartening to struggle even to keep the car on track. You already have the most important attribute, never give up. Many times I have been at the back but focusing on closing the gap to the car in front often will bring results at the end. A few tips I can give is to focus on consistency, run your own race at your own pace. Dominic had a clean race last night and look at his result and improvement. :)Also , after a few races you will see familiar names who are just ahead of you. Take a look at the replay of their lines/gears and time gap at the end of the race. Next time see if you can gradually close that gap down. That will be a measure of your improvement, small steps.
Finally this community is fantastic at bringing on new drivers, if you need help with anything just ask.:thumbsup:

Great post, Dominic! And your performance was excellent yesterday! Congratulations!
thanks Han! i've had good mentors! especially @JamKart22 has given me a lot of advice and pointers along the way which i am very grateful for.

on a separate note, everybody keeps talking about the GTam which I have not tried a race in AC with yet. as you can see from my profile pic, I love those old Alfas. it would be great to try those. as always, thanks for the great job putting these events together.

How i wish i had stopped for tyres around the half way mark. They were all used up after around 20mins and I started making mistakes. I had a good start and was holding my own against professional drivers like Robert but I started to fall apart at the same time as my tyres. I don't know who the stupid person was that came up with the car idea but it would be great to come back and drive it at Watkins Glen or Road America as an example. Great event Han, thanks for giving our ideas a try out with the added bonus you can always blame us if it fails

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 32 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 80 33.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 134 56.8%