AC Classic cars: Lola T70@Meadowdale Raceway, Tue 6th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I find it easier to drive than the Agile, if I can drive it anyone can.
Just like John said, take a few laps to re adjust to a car that does not rely on grip. It is a car that is individual to you. You are not one of a dozen precisely driven buzz box’s that are so predictable that the top three are virtually assured. With this car it will be a lottery.
A pile up on the first corner will not effect this race at all.:roflmao::roflmao:
If you can limit your off’s, most if not all will be in a good chance of a good place.
This is a fun car, that is how I am going to approach this race.
I have a busy week coming up so was going to give this one a miss, but after going around for a few laps just to see what it’s like, I have signed up:). Why? See Ernie post above, this is going to be so much fun, sawing away at the steering wheel and managing slides, just like the old days! I probably won’t get much practice so even more of an adventure.

We have very, very different opinions on fun, Sir :O_o:

Have lots of yours :p
Thousand years of stories of Germans having fun!
1685909819718.png

Last edited:
I'm slightly concerned about this, I'm struggling to keep the car on the road at all and feel a little bit out of my depth. I feel I'll be nothing but a complete menace if I race.
Don't worry. It will be the same for me. I have driven it 1 lap to see if the server worked so my practicing will start tonight. No time to develop a stable setup unless someone is so kind to post one here.
Anyway, it's nice for the frontrunners to have something to overtake!

Why would anyone in their right mind think this is fun?
Wow, just keeping the car pointing in the right direction and within the white lines will be a challenge for me - and I don't think I'm going to be alone there :roflmao:.
I miss my ABS, Traction Control, Stability Control and Rev Cutter assists. :cry: (Yes, I know, it's a skill issue).

This is going to be 1 hour of tip-toeing around the track but hey, there's a wheelie every lap!
And from my experience with the AI just a subtle touch on any area of the car will be enough to initiate a spin so I expect quite some carnage and clusterf*cks throughout the entire race to keep things interesting.

So, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I will make this a learning experience and enjoy as much as I can. See you soon!
- Ricardo

It teaches you to be patient, wait for the car, do not try and force it like modern high grip cars. Eventually it will start to flow, when it does “not” I can almost guarantee you are forcing something.
I know that is true, because I can easily spot it in my driving, the car will in no uncertain way tell me.:O_o:
Expect to learn from off’s, it happen to me constantly, but I am not quite yet numbskull enough not to learn from it after some laps.
The aliens are at their limit in this car, but they can fall back on that extra 5% of skill. So judge yourself by staying on the circuit and don't get all competitive .

Simple:p:p

I haven't tried it but the Ford seems to be the slow and easy one.

It has less horsepower and torque.

Oh, I tried both initially with AI and the non-ford one seemed to be more controllable to me.
Before the race I'll give the ford model another try, now that I got a bit more experience with it and if it feels indeed more controllable switch the registration. Otherwise I'll just commit with the current model and hope for the best. :thumbsup:

@HF2000 I must be missing it.... but I can't find if it says pit stop compulsory? Is it, or can we go full distance?:)
It's mandatory but I obviously forgot to put it in the thread. You can always check it on Emperor in the event details:

1686063517474.png

By the way: I didn't test it but does it need a tyre change the race?

Attachments

• 1686063459237.png
    1686063459237.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 34.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 140 57.4%